I just realised something about Bill and Bob.

Ultimate Steve

Isn't this perhaps a Squad inside joke? They know it's the other way around so they did in on purpose since the Kerbal way is doing things differently.

Assuming that is the underlying thought I think it's actually quite funny.

In the beginning I to got slightly itchy as I realized this about the very first time I started playing the game. I thought, Bob a scientist? Blasphemy!  

Edited by Helmetman

Yeah, this has annoyed me for years.  When I first started KSP, I could never remember which one of them was which.  Eventually I just fixed it in my head as "it's backwards from how it's supposed to be", and that at least is something that my tired old brain can remember.  :)

I've never heard of Bob the builder, but I keep humming "Bill Kerman, engineer guy!" whenever I EVA to fix something :D

24 minutes ago, Snark said:

When I first started KSP, I could never remember which one of them was which.  Eventually I just fixed it in my head as "it's backwards from how it's supposed to be", and that at least is something that my tired old brain can remember.  :)

First time I could remember which one was which, I had installed Texture Replacer, and Bob was "black" (well, dark-green) and had a nice hefty mustache... I thought, "hell yeah that's the scientist I was waiting for". Bill had short, graying hair; quite in-line with my image of an engineer astronaut, too.

13 hours ago, invision said:

loading screen says "we can build it" and  bob the builder says "can we build it?"

Actually Bob the Builder says says 'can we fix it', and in stock KSP, the answer is "nup, let's just get a new one".

Anyway, both of them losers are just sidekicks to the mighty Jeb (and equally-but-differently mighty Val). I mean, imagine Maverick from Top Gun, and then team him up with Leonard and Howard from TBBT. Nobody cares.

Edited by The_Rocketeer

2 hours ago, The_Rocketeer said:

Actually Bob the Builder says says 'can we fix it', and in stock KSP, the answer is "nup, let's just get a new one".

Anyway, both of them losers are just sidekicks to the mighty Jeb (and equally-but-differently mighty Val). I mean, imagine Maverick from Top Gun, and then team him up with Leonard and Howard from TBBT. Nobody cares.

20151113_170306_805248_bobblog.jpeg

6 hours ago, monstah said:

I've never heard of Bob the builder, but I keep humming "Bill Kerman, engineer guy!" whenever I EVA to fix something :D

First time I could remember which one was which, I had installed Texture Replacer, and Bob was "black" (well, dark-green) and had a nice hefty mustache... I thought, "hell yeah that's the scientist I was waiting for". Bill had short, graying hair; quite in-line with my image of an engineer astronaut, too.

Do still have those skins (or other ones, BTW)? Can you share them? :wink:

2 hours ago, Col. Kernel said:

You guys do know that the "Science guy" is an engineer, and that lately he's put out some info that's far from scientific?

Did you know that Bob the Builder is actually a quantum theorist, and that lately he's invented time-travel?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.