How to change tech tree positions in RP0?

Julien Kerman

Just change the TechRequired parameter in the part's config file.  Or better yet, write a MM patch that changes it (rather than changing the original .cfg).

Below's an example.  This changes the required technology of the LV-T30 engine (internal name "liquidEngine") to Basic Rocketry.

@PART[liquidEngine]
{
    @TechRequired = basicRocketry
}

Edited by OhioBob

25 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

Just change the TechRequired parameter in the part's config file.  Or better yet, write a MM patch that changes it (rather than changing the original .cfg).

Well this does not work. RP0 changes all the old tree nodes from the stock game. I can change the configs in whatever I want, the part ends up being "nonRP0" and has a random tree position.

I guess somewhere in the KSP folder must be a list, which says (for example): the RS-68A engine is in the "Advanced HydroLox engines" node, the RD-180 engine is in the "Mature staged combustion" node and so on. And it seems to work only with the registered parts. 

Edited by Julien Kerman

6 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

I don't know what RP0 and nonRP0 means.

RP0 means Realistic Progression Zero, it is a mod which you have to use in order to get a real life based career mode for the Realism Overhaul mod. It changes the entire tech tree, some parts are configured and have the right position, some are not configured (nonRP0) and have a random position which does not fit.

Edited by Julien Kerman

4 minutes ago, Julien Kerman said:

RP0 means Realistic Progression Zero, it is a mod which you have to use in order to get a real life based career mode for the Realism Overhaul mod. It changes the entire tech tree, some parts are configured and have the right position, some are not configured (nonRP0) and have a random position which does not fit.

Yep, you have to change the nodes trough RP-0, just look in those files how it's done.
When there a part with NON-RP0, it means RP-0 doensn't support that part (yet). 
It can be cheating on the difficult RP-0 carreer, but it can also be very innocent. The part will just work fine. 

@OhioBob, he's using the Realism Progression Zero mod, a (hardcore) mod for KSP, in combination of RSS/RO, it adds a lot of realism.

Edited by DrLicor

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.