Keyhole Orbits needed (for OPM)

This doesn't really come up with the stock game, as the only place to "get to" beyond Jool is Eeloo, but with OPM it would be really nice to know when to launch so-as to plan a Voyager type fly-by of all the outer planets.  Now we can predict one transfer window with a planner, and it wouldn't be *too* hard to guess at positioning to hit a second planet, but doing 3 or 4 would be ridiculously hard.  Even if we knew the "clock dates" for auspicious alignments, navigation would still have a huge fudge factor at each world due to inherent imprecision in flights.  I bet if I knew the window precisely, I'd still need a ~ 200 dV burn at each world to ensure I encounter the next, as opposed to Voyager's very small attitude adjustments.

Has anyone every seen found, or created a list of such "keyhole" dates that has been published here?

There is, somewhere, a keyhole set of dates to get to Jool with less than 1,500 dV IIRC by getting a gravity assist from Eve and I think a second assist from either Kerbin or Eve (again).

But even in stock, there is an argument to be made about being able to plan gravitational slingshots: What if I'm at Eve or Moho, short of fuel and I want to know if I can get a slingshot to get to destination (or to any destination if I'm running low on fuel). Some gui tool could be useful for navigating the Jool system (ie, when do I get a window to Tylo that also gets me into a Kerbin intercept orbit?)

3 hours ago, GarrisonChisholm said:

Now we can predict one transfer window with a planner, and it wouldn't be *too* hard to guess at positioning to hit a second planet, but doing 3 or 4 would be ridiculously hard. 

Like in real life. But in KSP we usually don't devote large amounts of computational power for those calculations. We can't really expect a nicely placed screw when we drive it with a hammer.

7 hours ago, regex said:

Try KSP-TOT for mission planning. You can specify multiple flybys.

What he said. I'm in the middle of such mission (Kerbin -> Jool -> Sarnus) and so far is going great. Soon I'm planning to go for Moho through Eve, saving like 1km/s of Delta v.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.