[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

Possible lay-out of Kerbol System, moons excluded (this picture presents my personal vision and not that of Squad ... !)

23m3pc5.jpg

Actually, it's the following..

Kerbol

Lava Planet

Venus Analog (Eve)

Mars Analog (Red Planet)

Kerbin

Gas Giant 1

Actually, it's the following..

OK, thanks for the info ... ! Based on our Solar System but with an interesting twist.

How is the Mars-alog going to work if it's closer to the sun than Kerbin? Will it only look like Mars but be warmer?

Well, I think that Kerbol is a red dwarf and the thick atmosphere of Kerbin prevents the planet from becoming a frozen world. The Mars equivalent will probably be several million km closer to Kerbol, but because of its thin atmosphere it could be colder than Kerbin. I think Eve might be very hot due to an extremely dense atmosphere and being even closer to Kerbol.

By lava planet do you mean the purple one? I think you can land on the "land" area of it, but I'm sure the liquid sections will destroy your ship.

You will not be able to land on the gas giant, the pressure and temperature will destroy your craft when you get near the ground. Should be interesting to try to enter its atmosphere temporarily and attempt to leave alive.

Also what kind of oceans are on these new planets/moons? Charr will have lava obviously (interested to see how lava is implemented) Eve's oceans are either mercury, molten lead, or some kind of metal since it has a metallic look to it. The waterish moon around Meander is....well water I suppose.

During Kurt's stream, did anyone else hear Nova say he was working on an electric propeller for use on planets where jets don't work? That sounds cool.

Yeah he was talking about how atmosopheres without oxygen wouldant work with jets so he wanted to add propellers for planets without oxygen but with an atmosophere.

I was thinking about yet again the last transmission of the lone kerbonaut during the livestream of Kurtjmac (live now) and I was asking myself if someone had figured out.

I was tweaking a little with paint.Net and it looked like a dragon or something.

So isn't it the Kraken Memorial?

Edited by Jon Tash

Well we will need something to propel the ships into deep space... Efichent engines, and new fuel perhaps.. My best gess is:

4 Tanks(1x1,1x2,2x1,2x2), 4 engines(1m, vectoring/nonvectoring 2m, vectoring/nonectoring), capsule, solar panes... Think this is the bare minimum..

I was thinking about yet again the last transmission of the lone kerbonaut during the livestream of Kurtjmac (live now) and I was asking myself if someone had figured out.

I was twiking a little with paint.Net and it looked like a dragon or something.

So isn't it the Kraken Memorial?

Oooh, maybe. But as suggested by you I think, upside down it also looked like some sort of curiosity style landing with either a big rock; the rise of one of the planets or moons; or... the Tomb of the Space Kraken. Nova did say he wasn't going to tell us what it was, so since he's a nice guy, it should be pretty easy to figure out once the update comes out. This isn't off topic is it? ;)