[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

will Charrs lava lakes be lava, or act like regular water, just asking cuz i imagine something like that wasnt added yet

It will probably cause a massive overheat of anything that touches (or maybe goes near) the lava.

I don't want to offend anyone but I think the communication for the last update 0.16 of the developers was better than now with 0.17.

Nova is giving us some pictures which are very nice and big thanks for that.

But what I would appreciate very much if the other developers would make a dev-blog or else for us so we can get a little information of whats going on.

You made a great game so far and I think we all are more than just very interested in what is going on.

Greetings

Nova~ Will any celestial body be orbiting retrograde?

I don't think that's physically possible.

Just orbiting in the opposite direction the sun rotates in is rare enough, but orbiting in a different direction than all the other planets in the same solar system would make its orbit way too unstable.

I don't really mind if it's orbit is slightly unstable, but it's entirely possible, The odds of a extrasolar capture occurring are rather slim, but not so small that they cannot occur at all. Even just having a retrograde moon would be fun, as landing on it will be a different experience and also a change of pace.

I don't want to offend anyone but I think the communication for the last update 0.16 of the developers was better than now with 0.17.

But what I would appreciate very much if the other developers would make a dev-blog or else for us so we can get a little information of whats going on.

You made a great game so far and I think we all are more than just very interested in what is going on.

Greetings

That's fair enough, but the 0.17 update official thread says this is a less major update so maybe that is a contributing factor....

Im also wondering how the lava will be implemented.. will heat be introduced? or will it be a lethal water... because if it is a lethal water im wondering how it will be for crafts flying over.. if they will be able to or not... hmmm :D

*Sings* Im so excited *Sings*

Greetings

It's not that we don't want to keep dev blogs anymore, the reason we haven't been posting regular updates is because we are still waiting on the forum overhaul to be completed (it's still half-way through). We are going to add proper in-forum dev blogs, and we've been waiting for that to start posting our updates again.

What we don't want to do anymore is use normal threads to post info, because even with the locked-thread system we adopted on the 0.16 update, we still saw that people couldn't find information, and there was no organized place to hold discussions. With a blog + comments format, all that should be solved, which is why we are waiting for that to start the dev blogs again.

Cheers

Quote from damion rayne

it's the following..

Kerbol

Lava Planet

Venus Analog (Eve)

Mars Analog (Red Planet)

Kerbin

Gas Giant 1

I thought that was just his guess, and I still think it is.

EDIT: Oh nevermind I found it and your right xD Sorry for causing trouble.

Edited by swiftgates24

It's not that we don't want to keep dev blogs anymore, the reason we haven't been posting regular updates is because we are still waiting on the forum overhaul to be completed (it's still half-way through). We are going to add proper in-forum dev blogs, and we've been waiting for that to start posting our updates again.

What we don't want to do anymore is use normal threads to post info, because even with the locked-thread system we adopted on the 0.16 update, we still saw that people couldn't find information, and there was no organized place to hold discussions. With a blog + comments format, all that should be solved, which is why we are waiting for that to start the dev blogs again.

Cheers

Big Thanks for the info HarvesteR. I'm looking forward to see your Blogs or so once everything is overhauled.

I mean hey you are the one who is responsible that I'm now addicted to KSP. Thanks again for that and your great game. xD

Edited by blspblackdeath