[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

Is the heat from kerbol defined by layers or is it actually ray emiting? ( by this question, i am trying to determine if we could use a massive heat shield to get close)

Time to recreate Sunshine!

Im totally editing the cfg for some parts to allow insane amounts of heat and landing on that. gonna try at least!

In .16 the sun has a surface and does not generate "heat". Make indestructible parts and its sort of possible. Though the only landing I've heard of just bounced endlessly, at super high speed, after landing way too hard...

So since threes much effort for the lava placeholders texture, is it safe to assume that same amount of effort will be put in coding this thing to act like real magma/lava, melt down our unlucky ships that landed 2 cm to close.... or at least it will be hot water?

Upon seeing the list of planets and moons that will be added, I could only think two thoughts.

The first:

Anybody who goes to Ice Moon is clearly a Cylon. Points to whoever knows why and specifically where the reference came from.

(Obviously somewhere from BSG, more specific than that!)

The second:

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

gKk3C.jpg
It might be just me, but have the ambient light levels been toned down in that picture?

New sun effects look amazing, and I noticed the apparent lower ambient lighting as well. Is this just because we're seeing the command pod further away from Kerbol? Or a more global change to the ambient light? Either way, looks very very nice with the darker shadows. Loving it!

@Paprika It means that the devs have three different explicit walk animations for low gravity, Mid/Kerbin gravity and high gravity respectively... and they are going to use some clever blending between the three so that, depending upon what the gravity is on the current body, the walking animation should look appropriate to the current environment.

Given that this says between 0.17 and 1G... I guess they're starting with low-gravity first... which makes sense, because the low gravity places are where people will be going first. I know I really want to check out Bop.

This turning up to be the best update evar so many rockets for jeb to crash into new places

It seams to me like every new update is the best update ever, Also I am very excited about new parts, and the new time warp mode will make stuff so muh easier,

@Paprika It means that the devs have three different explicit walk animations for low gravity, Mid/Kerbin gravity and high gravity respectively... and they are going to use some clever blending between the three so that, depending upon what the gravity is on the current body, the walking animation should look appropriate to the current environment.

Given that this says between 0.17 and 1G... I guess they're starting with low-gravity first... which makes sense, because the low gravity places are where people will be going first. I know I really want to check out Bop.

Brilliant, thank you!