[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

Is the stars during daylight a test thing or is that permanent?

Edit: I'm gonna guess and say not, since it's the new sky and stuff their testing, they probably haven't changed Kerbin's atmosphere to block out the new brighter stars and distant objects during the day time.

Edited by EleSigma

Now this was more awsome than I imagined. This is going to be fun. The new sky looks neat, the only thing I don't like that the stars are visible at daytime (if it was daytime). I am curiuos what is the explenation for that.

inb4unrealismhaters.

In during troll bait.

Considering the low "ceiling" of Kerbin's atmosphere, I should think that realistically one could see the stars with a degree of clarity during the daytime. I'm uncertain that it would be quite like it is now, but it certainly will be an interesting thing to ponder  and especially when clouds are implemented, to see.

I hope they implement trackIR at some point. The whole right click to pan thing would be annoying in the cockpit.

Indeed, im getting it in a few days as well, so it would be great if they implemented it.

Also i REALLY REALLY wanna see the new sky at night...oh god

-creams my self-

First thing I'm doing is hacking an engine and going to explore some planets.

I don't get it, do people who play like this not like the sense of discovery or accomplishment? It seems that they want to be done with the content as soon as possible, which doesn't make any sense to me.

w/e, it's your game I guess

I on the other hand will be going for Eve's Munlet first, super low gravity sounds like fun. Really want to try a bit of EVA out there, and landing on it to begin with ought to be an interesting challenge.

Well, seeing as the cat's out of the bag on the sky now, I suppose I could show you guys this:

7SkSQ.jpg

:)

Omg, I like the color code overhaul.. Now i see why are the planets so different in color.. :P

Is it just the lens but are they approx the same distance away from Kerbol..

I was hoping they will be on a wacky inclined orbit.. :(

Wow, a very well done Nova, that looks amazing. Are they all on the same orbital plane?

Sort of. There's slight (less than one degree) inclination and slight (less than 0.1) eccentricity on all of them, except Kerbin and LavalessPlanet (which is too close to the sun to be seen in this picture)

Edited by NovaSilisko

I love the colors!

Also, From what I've read thus far, 0,17 will most likely decrease performance as it's adding more code to the game. Don't expect any dedicated performance work unless squad states so, or until the beta, which is when all the code is optimized (a process that often causes bugs).

After 1107 days, my first multi-planet flyby probe has run out of fuel in a futile attempt to place itself onto a solar escape trajectory. Of course, considering it was just intended to fly by one planet initially, I would call it very successful.

Here are some pictures of the mission (the fairing is from Silisko Edition and the spacecraft parts themselves are from Probodobodyne)

http://imgur.com/a/clX81

You made my day Nova. This is awesome!

Am I the only one who is waiting for the update more then all other games that will come like Assassin's Creed, TW Rome II, Remember Me etc (End 2012 and 2013).

After 1107 days, my first multi-planet flyby probe has run out of fuel in a futile attempt to place itself onto a solar escape trajectory. Of course, considering it was just intended to fly by one planet initially, I would call it very successful.

Here are some pictures of the mission (the fairing is from Silisko Edition and the spacecraft parts themselves are from Probodobodyne)

That looks pretty cool, kinda sounds like a voyager mission IMO. Did you try using a gravity slingshot around the gas planet? That might have helped put it in an escape trajectory with minimal fuel.

..[ATTACH=CONFIG]31441[/ATTACH]..[ATTACH=CONFIG]31443[/ATTACH]..

Is there a possibility we could get a HD images of this, i to set it as my new wallpaper.. :P

Edited by Atimed

That's AMAZING :D