[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

That looks pretty cool, kinda sounds like a voyager mission IMO. Did you try using a gravity slingshot around the gas planet? That might have helped put it in an escape trajectory with minimal fuel.

I used a gravitational slingshot around each planet, but at the gas planet I sacrificed an easier solar escape trajectory for a flyby of its largest moon.

Although, I did jettison the departure stage with 1/5th of its fuel, not realizing that had I kept it, I could have probably done a flyby of -every- planet, or inserted myself into orbit around one of them.

Clearly now we need a flight path history overlay to brag about our epic missions :D

Oh and a watermark once debug mode was enabled during the mission. Or a couple of hard to spot pixels which survive jpg compression to expose all the "look me so gud" guys on certain sites ;)

Nova, you are epic! I love the new view of space! When you're in space everything looks more realistic! I love this! Also thanks to C7 for showing the sky so Nova showed us the pictures :P And all the developers that are working on this. And to top it all, this is not the final update so this WILL get better!!

After 1107 days, my first multi-planet flyby probe has run out of fuel in a futile attempt to place itself onto a solar escape trajectory. Of course, considering it was just intended to fly by one planet initially, I would call it very successful.

Here are some pictures of the mission (the fairing is from Silisko Edition and the spacecraft parts themselves are from Probodobodyne)

http://imgur.com/a/clX81

That looks absolutely amazing! I can't wait to see this update in action now.

Good job, all of you.

Wonder what those things are stuck on the side of the fuel tanks? Look like they could be some kind of RCS thingy-ma-jig maybe....

that satellite, is that stock? If you can forgive me it don't look Kerbal enough, it looks like it may work as intended....

that satellite, is that stock? If you can forgive me it don't look Kerbal enough, it looks like it may work as intended....

Its from Probodobodyne, a mod NOVA did about 6-8 months ago I think?

Speaking of Nova's mods, "BACE CO. Side mount adapter" or similar as a stock part would be handy.

Its the only thing I've found that lets me easily mount parts perpendicular to the craft.

Hey Nova, are you still able to switch between all the planets using TAB while in map view?

Or are there new controls to switch forward and backwards because otherwise it'll be a little bit of a mess with all those new planets and moons.

Hey Nova, are you still able to switch between all the planets using TAB while in map view?

Or are there new controls to switch forward and backwards because otherwise it'll be a little bit of a mess with all those new planets and moons.

I've thought of this too. It could be really annoying when you have to switch between 5 planets, 10 moons, and possibly Kerbol to get back to your ship.

Yes, you can.

No there are not.

Just a couple Idea's for y'all while we're at it.

Red in different languages "piros"-Hungarian, "puna" - Finnish, "merah" - Indonesian, "Dearg" - Irish, "Skola" - Lithuanian, "kızıl" - Turkish, "rujan" - Croatia.

Via Google Translate.

"Skola" in Lithuanian?

What are you smoking?

It's "Raudona"

"Skola" means debt

"Skola" in Lithuanian?

What are you smoking?

It's "Raudona"

"Skola" means debt

In swedish skola means school, or will (used for when you will do something) in very old swedish.

On topic: The solar system looks awesome, it looks so colourful!

Nova, will we see the planets in the day and night on Kerbin? I also wonder how it will Kerbin look like from Eve or the desert planet.

Also, for people that havent seen the pictures from Nova, I will add them on the first post so people will see it.

Nova, will we see the planets in the day and night on Kerbin? I also wonder how it will Kerbin look like from Eve or the desert planet.

Also, for people that havent seen the pictures from Nova, I will add them on the first post so people will see it.

I hope so. Watching "insertdesertlpanetname" retrogrades at 100x time speedup during kerbin nights would be very cool.