[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

It's pretty standard that any new version will break the .craft and persistence files, it is Alpha after all, the Dev's shouldn't have to waste time trying to make everything backwards compatible.

Cough

Section 3: Spam

A user shall not: Create a Post containing no real content, such as '+1!' or other single word responses.

A user shall not: Post reaction images alone.

Just in case this one becomes necessary......

Section 3 Addendum: Reaction Images

Posting Reaction Images that cause a thread to derail, shall net the user that posted the image, an immediate revoke in posting rights. The length of the Revoke status shall be determined at the time of the infraction. This is not a permanent revoke.

/cough

Are you saying this to Nova? i would hope him being a dev of the game gives him the ability to bend the rules a bit. If not, shouldn't a pm to him be more professional then posting it to public? A mods gotta mod but it is a bit surprising seeing a mod threaten a dev.

Are you saying this to Nova? i would hope him being a dev of the game gives him the ability to bend the rules a bit. If not, shouldn't a pm to him be more professional then posting it to public? A mods gotta mod but it is a bit surprising seeing a mod threaten a dev.

It was directed at the image Vostok posted. So I've been wondering about Nova's photo and I can't figure out what is under the crew tank(what I assume is a crew tank, anyway). Is it just a 2m to 1m adapter from one of the other mods or might it be something else, which I think it is.. Also, it is super nice to see shadows working correctly again.

Does anyone know if saves from 0.16 will be persistent into 0.17? I'm not so much concerned about ships in orbit, but my ships that have landed on the Mun and Minimus. Thanks

I doubt that saves will carry forward to 0.17, as the parts will get altered, which would mess up any rockets, also a main feature is adding new SOI's to the game, which would interfere with any ships in the location they are added to. Any changes to Kerbin and its moons could also put ships in now impossible locations.

I can't figure out what is under the crew tank(what I assume is a crew tank, anyway)

I'm guessing the crew tank was supposed to hide in plain sight using the crazy craft as camo... maybe you can IVA inside? Either that or nova successfully derailed a pointless physics conversation with a ship that does not make sense.

We want more pocs of eventually new parts!

I'm not sure there's been any pics of confirmed new parts. Most of what I've seen that people were asking if it was new or not, was someone's mod. Of course, there's been no word on what appears to be a passenger module on that ship Nova posted.

Well, if it is a picture of him testing .17 then it applies to the thread. Maybe he just liked the rocket and wanted to post a picture of it while confusing everyone and their dog.