[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

So by now everyone should now that in the new 0.17 update there will be 4 new planets made by (Nova)!

At this point everyone have a general talk about these planets and there moons and bring up things like how we can get to these planets, or how certain ships effect on ur landings orbits...etc.. Or just talk about how cool the planets look! 1 planets i dont have a pic of is the new lava planet that may not have lava until other future updates. Will it be in 0.17? or it i will be in 0.17 but just without the lava lol :)

Here are the pics i got:

A. Fix your links, either use the upload from computer button and upload the direct .jpg, or hotlink a file but from the INTERNET, not your computer. We can't see that.

B. Merging this post into the 0.17 discussion thread.

first thing i do when update spend 6 hours making a rocket to get to the desart planet land on it do an e.v.a get back in launch rocket fall a part and sit there moaning for 20 min.

So by now everyone should now that in the new 0.17 update there will be 4 new planets made by (Nova)!

At this point everyone have a general talk about these planets and there moons and bring up things like how we can get to these planets, or how certain ships effect on ur landings orbits...etc.. Or just talk about how cool the planets look! 1 planets i dont have a pic of is the new lava planet that may not have lava until other future updates. Will it be in 0.17? or it i will be in 0.17 but just without the lava lol :)

Here are the pics i got:

Austin, upload your pics to the magic interweblands (the internet) then put that link in the IMG tags.

Edited by Polar Bear
My g key doesn't want to function properly sometimes

May it sound a bit irritating, but Harvester should actualise the List of Features.

Sice the 15. he made dev blogs, which is really great to see new Features!!

I love Wernher von Kerman, because this is a hommage for the German rocket scientist.

And the memorial for neil Armstrong is really great.

Edited by Rocketscienist

May it sound a bit irritating, but Harvester should actualise the List of Features.

Sice the 15. he made dev blogs, which is really great to see new Features!!

I love Wernher von Kerman, because this is a hommage for the German rocket scientist.

And the memorial for neil Armstrong is really great.

What do you mean by actualize the list of features? If i think i understand you clearly, doesnt he already do that? They highlight the features in a certain color when its going in the next update.

BTW Nova, I find it awesome. Its perfect.

What do you mean by actualize the list of features? If i think i understand you clearly, doesnt he already do that? They highlight the features in a certain color when its going in the next update.

BTW Nova, I find it awesome. Its perfect.

I know that he colour things which are ready. It´s only a remind.

Lunar related but in-topic post:

Do you remember the micro solid rockets that Nova has shown us mid August?

I suspect that they are part of a larger set of new components (probe parts?), but now that I think of it, there is one very straight forward use for them with the stock parts we have now:

lkfrontl.jpg

Behold one of the few good ideas (?) that the Soviets had for their lunar attempt: next to the legs of the LK module, a small solid rocket fires down to settle the lander thoroughly on the ground after landing. Considering the way most of us fly and the bounciness of Minmus especially, this innovation could save us many rescue missions....

the micro solid rockets might be very good for landing on objects with almost no gravity like ''bop''

Actually, I bet in that case it would shoot You into outer space... Solid boosters have an insane size-to-power ratio...

I think that those miniature rockets are actually only meant to help with the separation of stages and thus only fire upon discarding a stage. This can also be seen in the album on Imgur of the interplanetary probe from the way they are positioned. That would mean you can't use them for that ^^ .

EDIT: Although the linked picture suggests otherwise... hm.

Edited by xamino

Has anyone made any landers that work on water? I got something working, just need to build a bigger version to allow me to achieve orbit.

From my experience, if it would land on ground ok it'll probably land just as well on water ;)

In fact I may well end up landing there if I misjudge my Eve landings..

So many dozens of pages have gone by...I forget whether there's been a discussion here about whether the early stages of an interplanetary flight plan would be the same as going to the Mun.

If the new flight-planning tools make it possible for us to line up our shot, would it be more efficient to skip Kerbin orbit and just keep firing rockets straight up until the flight plan shows an escape from Kerbin SoI?