[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

Those trees look pretty darn good. Are the Munar and... Minmian? terrain scatters going to be improved soon? A-la bigger more diverse boulders to give a more realistic feel? Oh and is there any plans in the works to implement dust as we eva?

On a positive note I was incredible suprised to see how many celestial objects were planned to be added this update, Ifigured it would be a one at a time thing but nope, were getting what 4 planets and 6 moons I think? Gonna be a major game changer for KSP.

And one more question, and the most important at that; Will we be receviing any type of a "rover assemby building"? As in a building using smaller parts to build rovers for packing in cargo modules on rockets?

Off-topic: I seem to be unable to change certain settings on my profile, could a mod help me out? It says I don't have permission. I'm trying to put this: http://www.panoramas.dk/moon/apollo-11-the-first-man-on-moon.html

into a sig or on my profile.

Edited by DimethylMercury
message for mods

Those trees look pretty darn good. Are the Munar and... Minmian? terrain scatters going to be improved soon? A-la bigger more diverse boulders to give a more realistic feel? Oh and is there any plans in the works to implement dust as we eva?

On a positive note I was incredible suprised to see how many celestial objects were planned to be added this update, Ifigured it would be a one at a time thing but nope, were getting what 4 planets and 6 moons I think? Gonna be a major game changer for KSP.

And one more question, and the most important at that; Will we be receviing any type of a "rover assemby building"? As in a building using smaller parts to build rovers for packing in cargo modules on rockets?

Off-topic: I seem to be unable to change certain settings on my profile, could a mod help me out? It says I don't have permission. I'm trying to put this: http://www.panoramas.dk/moon/apollo-11-the-first-man-on-moon.html

into a sig or on my profile.

Maybe as a secret feature in this update, but probably not, though it would probably be about the same difficulty to implement as EVA's. Would be pretty cool though. Especially if you could add features like seats to your rover so it can be either robotic or Kerbal piloted.

On-topic: Will Duna or any of the other planets have any huge mountains? Like Olympus Mons on Mars. It would be pretty cool to land on and have an awesome perspective from, or to establish a small outpost at the base.

GkcKj.jpg

That colour looks different from what I remember seeing, is it becase it's on the night side or as tHe colour been changed? And that moon looks freaking awesome by the way nova! I might be a bit after everybody else with developing interplanetary rockets and stuff, but I'll get there eventually,I'll probably use parachutes.

Edited by Polar Bear

I'm getting psyched for the mini-SRB's, actually. They can be especially helpful for staging, such as moving radial drop tanks away from your spacecraft. And also, in emergencies, instead of simply having the pod detached from plane and open parachutes, it can rocket away form the out of control plane.

and.... oh yea, missiles.

That colour looks different from what I remember seeing, is it becase it's on the night side or as tHe colour been changed?

I don't know if the colors have changed, but it is indeed growing late in that picture; Just look at the shadows and how tall they are

Dead Hall (the guy who did Dayz) just tweeted he plays KSP.

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns

Thought that was pretty nice shout out by a fan.

Loving the relevance to 0.17

On-topic: Will any of the planets have "amplified" terrain, as in the features dwarf your space craft. There's a valley on the moon that makes your space craft feel incredibly small. It would be cool if there were some really interesting terrain features on planets such as Duna or Eve.