[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

Dead Hall (the guy who did Dayz) just tweeted he plays KSP.

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns

Thought that was pretty nice shout out by a fan.

Kinda off topic, but I discovered that he was he one that origionally made the Component Space Shuttle. He's actually been a member of the forum for quite a long time.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/3321

I do agree with the size of the trees, they would have to be much more dense in order to look right if they were smaller. Also the Kerbals are pretty small in comparison to us it seems, and the rockets are also smaller as they don't need to be quite as powerful as ours in order to orbit their planet. I think they're a reasonable size =3

Will any of the planets be visible to the naked eye from another planet? (Jool from Duna for example)

Planets (or moons) with thin-to-no atmospheres would be a good place to see other planets from. Nova already established that minmus can be seen from kerbin now (much more clearly) so there must be a system for seeing far away objects more clearly (some kind of sprite or something).

/wild conjecture

I really need this update, Because with the new time warp mode I can get to my kethane mining ground quicker, it's about 90 km from my munar base, and the rovers top speed is 25 m/s which is 90 Kph, and driving for 1 hour on the moon can get quite boring.

I have a question to anyone who might know: is weight of fuel tanks calculated in real-time, or is it just a bool for full/dry weight?

Real time, your crafts mass will decrease as fuel is used. Use a MechJeb and you can see the mass change under vehicle stats.

so whats the deal with this new patcher? are they rolling it out in waves because I have still not seen anything that has given me access to this wonderful new tech, unless I missed something somewhere (the ingame updater just says 0.16 is the current version)

I haven't got the new patcher until I copyed my old 0.15 patcher into my KSP 0.16 directory. After that the patcher updated automaticly after startup.

Does this mean I need the old patcher to et the new one, because I deleted .15 and then downloaded .16, so where can I get te old patcher?

On topic:

CqpXH.jpg

IoDYA.jpg

"Don't look now, but there's a big green and brown thing staring right at us"

xfFNB.jpg

Dat eclipse! Now those will make for some awesome screenshots! And the Baby nav ball looks awesome! And those brown and reen things are very scary! It's like they might eat your rocket!

Edited by Polar Bear
Fixing spoiler tags