[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

Are you referring to the stars in the background?

If so, then I see exactly why you said he forgot he was beta testing.

The stars, there seems to be new adapter parts, the 2 meter RCS can be seen. Also a black adapter and pod. Hmmm.

Also a black adapter and pod. Hmmm.

Yeah, I have never seen the adapters before but I think the pod and left adapter are just not facing the sun. Maybe its a lighting improvement? I dont know.

But unless its a mod, look at the bottom of the craft on the right, I dont think thats a 2m decoupler.

This is exactly the sort of reason why the dev's don't want people releasing screenshots of things like the test versions. people use mod parts, other people see it, think its part of the release and expect it.

Uh, yeah... Except you're wrong. Because those adapters will be stock. Confirmed by Nova's posts.

-Any Speculation on what this new part is, my best guess is a large RCS fuel Tank..

Based on all the Linear ports all over the ship.. I checked several mod packs, some have similar looking tanks, but none have similar in size parts...

-On the other note, I see no chemical propulsion rockets.. But there's what I assume a fuel-line/strut connector on the Right side..

Craft must be propelled by something.. But why carry all the empty tanks with you?? SWAG?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32790[/ATTACH] Edited by Atimed

Yeah, a lot of things are looking better now. I'm just worried, will this be able to run anymore on my laptop? Sorry, I'm sure there's a discussion about this somewhere within these 160 pages, but I don't know where to start looking ;)

Lets get back on topic

Also,

Yeah, a lot of things are looking better now. I'm just worried, will this be able to run anymore on my laptop? Sorry, I'm sure there's a discussion about this somewhere within these 160 pages, but I don't know where to start looking ;)

You will have to wait until 0.17 comes out to be sure, but I believe that it was confirmed that if you could run 0.16 you should be fine on 0.17 but I'd have to search for that post

Lets get back on topic

Also,

You will have to wait until 0.17 comes out to be sure, but I believe that it was confirmed that if you could run 0.16 you should be fine on 0.17 but I'd have to search for that post

I hope so, it would be sad not being able to play with the new update.

-Any Speculation on what this new part is, my best guess is a large RCS fuel Tank..

Based on all the Linear ports all over the ship.. I checked several mod packs, some have similar looking tanks, but none have similar in size parts...

-On the other note, I see no chemical propulsion rockets.. But there's what I assume a fuel-line/strut connector on the Right side..

Craft must be propelled by something.. But why carry all the empty tanks with you?? SWAG?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32790[/ATTACH]

Either it's an RCS Tank or something like a battery for ion engines because of interplanetary travelling? But i guess it's just a big ol' RCS tank^^

Either it's an RCS Tank or something like a battery for ion engines because of interplanetary travelling? But i guess it's just a big ol' RCS tank^^

Mm. I hate to reply to all this. I'm the redditor that posted that screenshot; I just want to clear a few things up:

1) No stock parts in that screenshot are new to the community, they've all been shown in various screenshots from official sources.

2) I am using Tosh's RemoteTech plugin and parts, and I'm using the empty pod config edit for the little space station there.

3) The radially mounted fuel tanks have the standard 1 meter landing engines attached; this is a high-Isp, low-thrust craft built for orbital maneuvers and rendezvous.

As for the incident itself:

4) I posted the screenshot because I was excited about my first orbital rendezvous. I'd made a screenshot and made it my wallpaper, then my girlfriend, who saw how well-received my diagram for Mun intercepts was on Reddit, suggested I post the wallpaper too. I did so without a second thought.

5) This was an honest mistake, I just didn't think about what I was doing. The leak wasn't made for notoriety or any other reason other than excitement over my accomplishment.

6) As soon as I realized what I'd done, I attempted to delete the Reddit thread, and had imgur remove the image from their site. Unfortunately, it was noticed and mirrored before those steps took affect. When I saw that I couldn't undo my mistake, I notified the testing team of my mistake and PM'd the person in charge of moderating the test forum.

7) I have been removed from the test team, with no ill-will on my part nor the part of the moderator who did so. A violation of NDA is a violation of NDA, whether intentional or not, and I realize the rules must apply equally to everyone.

I will not answer any questions about the testing team, testing procedures, the current state of the game, or any other questions about the image; while I've been let go from the team, I bound myself to a nondisclosure agreement and I will honor it regardless of the current circumstances. I hope this explains the situation, and helps put some of the speculation to rest.

I'm going for Duna first. I will send a probe first just to orbit and observe, then send a return probe to land and take off to see if I can get my Kerbs there and back. Once I've done this I will send the Kerbs and do it in IVA the whole way :D I can't wait for it to be released!! :)