[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

Your understanding of chemistry should also include the fact that combustion doesn't happen without oxygen... now if your ship was a great big oxygen tanker we could see some fireworks, but the size of the gas giant would be irreverent, because your ship would be the limiting factor.

All this talk of green gas is making me think of Timesplitters!

No takers for the cloud-dwelling photosynthetic micro-organism idea? :(

More on topic, just in case, Will it be easier to go to a planet closer to the sun than Kerbin, or to go to one further away?

More on topic, just in case, Will it be easier to go to a planet closer to the sun than Kerbin, or to go to one further away?

Well, the outer planets will require less dV to get into a stable orbit around, but you'll have to wait longer to get in position for them.

How feasible would floating life like that be? Do bacteria live in our upper atmosphere?

How feasible would floating life like that be? Do bacteria live in our upper atmosphere?

Yeah, they've only just started looking but they have found bacteria (or Archaea, can't remember) in the cloud layer which is pretty cool. Opens up all sorts of possibilities for other planets holding life!

PUMna.jpg

Not sure if awesome interplanetary ship

futuramafry.jpg

Or just random assembly of parts.

Okay, but seriously now, I think it's a damn awesome exploration ship. Is it a skycrane style lander? the bottom fuel tank looks set to decouple, then be slowed by the SRB and parachutes, and land with those liquid fuel engines at the top which then decouple and fly off. I like the look of the new crew module you have there, if that's what it is, and the size transition parts.

Edited by Vostok

Looking at it very carefully and it looks like Nova was trying to make a Venture Star ship from Avatar lol with the engines at the front of the ship.

and i like how he made fuel go from the back,through a wing, and then onto the front of the ship

Cant wait to make something like that whenever we get the new planets :D

What an interesting design there.

Also the small fuel tanks on the top...are they new or what? Been away from my gaming PC ever since 0.16 came out so i only played for like 2 hours, so I don't remember =/

OHHH and i just saw the crew module. Is that stock?

Cool ship nova whats its for

Its for making ice cream. If you thought it was for space travel your wrong!

Cough

Section 3: Spam

A user shall not: Create a Post containing no real content, such as '+1!' or other single word responses.

A user shall not: Post reaction images alone.

Just in case this one becomes necessary......

Section 3 Addendum: Reaction Images

Posting Reaction Images that cause a thread to derail, shall net the user that posted the image, an immediate revoke in posting rights. The length of the Revoke status shall be determined at the time of the infraction. This is not a permanent revoke.

/cough

The last transmission photo, as far as I can tell is one of a ship about to fly under a solar flare, which would explain the kerbals death, but spun upside down. The original was also posted, but I cba to find it in the 150+ pages of this thread that have passed