[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

This is I do not like the KSP that you can build a rocket with no aerodynamic design, and it still fly to the obit. I saw a video on YouTube as one built on the ground, *entire space station;-)

Dude, the game is still under heavy development, I think I saw a post saying that the drag stuff will still be improved so that more aerodynamic stuff flies better, as of now, all that that aerodynamic parts do is to add unnecessary weight, but I like to use them anyway just because then I can pretend that the drag does work properly.

And also, Nova and C7, if you're ever in reading on this thread, as the new parts are assigned to you two, are you putting all effort on planets and internals or have you had any thought about any new parts?

Edited by Polar Bear

I don't think willitstimothy knows what tidally locked means. But anyway, I'm wondering what effects heat will have on your Kerbals on EVA. Will they get sunburn? Hahaha

Tidally locked means that the body being referred to orbits with one side always facing the parent celestial body, like Earth's moon for instance. I've known that for a number of years.

@COBALT: Do you know what libration is without looking it up? I'll give you a hint: it is related to both tidal locking and Earth's Moon.

I will say, though, that what I said earlier could be misconstrued to imply that I thought that Moho is not tidally locked, however that which I was actually referring to was Serratus' assumption that Moho's dark side is cool, which realistically it would be unless it had a dense atmosphere (which it doesn't, though it does have a thin atmosphere). According to Nova, the atmospheric temperatures in the game are uniform and noticeable everywhere on the atmospheric planets, and only varying with altitude...which is kind of worrisome to me since that implies that even if I slow down to a zero horizontal velocity and descend with power I'll still encounter entry heat when entering the atmosphere of any atmospheric planet.

No one said it will be bigger they just stated it would be more dense, big difference.

Oh my...

It's cool that you've tuned the atmosphere such that the aerobraking-parachute-rocket combo that works on Mars is also appropriate for Duna. :)

Only in KSP though could you use aerobraking to slow down a space station. lol

The ISS is always aerobraking to a small extent, which is why it has to be boosted every now and then. Additionally the Magellan spacecraft, Mars Odyssey, and MRO have all used aerobraking to circularize their orbits around Venus and Mars.

Edited by willitstimothy

Yeah, a stock crew module like the crewtank for my transfer vessel to Duna, and if they have physical time warp modes for 2x 5x and 10x implemented then I wouldn't be surprised if this update added an ion engine with super low thrust and high consumption that is so slow to add velocity that it needs 5x physical time warp.

* Center of mass, thrust, lift and drag visual cues on the construction scenes.

Assigned to: HarvesteR

Since this features got implemented it got me thinking on how things might be used to improve plane/rocket designs..

And I come to conclusion that the center of mass is the best place for putting a S.A.S module.. If necessary..

Since most of my rockets are back heavy..The "Optimal" place to put them tends to go between tanks in a stage..

This i not relay a issue a fuel line couldn't solve.. But why should we need to place them..

I propose that S.A.S modules should have by default "Fuel Crossfed" Enabled..

I am aware it is easily tweakable and doable your self.. Small Mood patch perhaps..

But such a small change in conuction with the new UI might make thigs even more user frendly..

What are your thoughts? Sugestions?

It would be nice if they added the ability to build a space station in orbit, it would be cool to be able to use the kerbonauts for that purpose , of course, could use that also catches the ropes to make sure that kerbonaut not flew too far away, from the air lock

This is I do not like the KSP that you can build a rocket with no aerodynamic design, and it still fly to the obit. I saw a video on YouTube as one built on the ground, *entire space station;-)

Sooo... don't build one? Aerodynamics will be heavily improved before relase.

On a slightly unrelated note, nobody seems to realize how underpowered the 2m parts are, the tanks are fine but the engines are far too heavy for their thrust, I just use 1m parts for my Interplanetary craft, 2m engines should really be lightened in 0.17.