[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

Moderator Comment: Stay On Topic ...that is all

Wow! Great word, boss... :P

Anyway, I would like to ask Harv about IVA status. I know it's being worked on, but is it leaning toward 'yes' or 'no' for .17? I ask mainly because I can't wait to fly an entire mission from inside!

This may have been mentioned (or done!), but I think that having a menu where you could get facts on Kerbin would be useful.

For example: Mass, radius, rotation speed.

Just useful facts for planning a voyage.

Also, you know how we can switch between orbital and surface speed? I think that changing the altimeter so that it has a altitude above surface setting, and an altitude over centre of mass setting may also help.

If this has been done or I'm being silly then please ignore this post.

This may have been mentioned (or done!), but I think that having a menu where you could get facts on Kerbin would be useful.

Also, you know how we can switch between orbital and surface speed? I think that changing the altimeter so that it has a altitude above surface setting, and an altitude over centre of mass setting may also help.

Planet information aren't added in the vanilla game, some mods show them..

And I hope they don't get added by default.. Not knowing what you'r facing with and going in to find out.. sound Fun to me..

Gravity, Radius, Mass.. All that u can approximate with 2 or 3 formulas once your in orbit of that body..

I don't think atmosphere is possible to calculate but there are methods to find out where it starts/ends..

But there's more than enough room in the scientific tab for sensors and other tools, that could later show you the stats you need..

This is a great Idea, It would make it much easier to for those that like to do the math in flight, and orbital calculators and such would be a lot simpler. The other stuff you suggest I think should be left to the wiki or some department in the game where the scientists do the math based on their (and yours) observations or something like that.

I would like see this in a game, but only after u send some satelite thingy or scientist team.

that's a mod, just because Nova is a dev doesn't mean he doesn't use mods, don't get a heart attack

EDIT: it appears you removed the picture in question

Edited by KAO

pfft everyone is all excited and happy to see new planets and worlds and part with some what-not on top when really the true thing i am excited for is trying to get my amphibious assault craft to the waters of kerbin because it is being stopped by the weels qlitching out in the ground

Does anyone know if they are going to make it where when a decoupler or parachute is decoupled off the main craft its not automatically deployed.

I think you could do this by putting a mechjeb on the "debris", maybe...

The parachute deploying automatically was added as a feature a while back.