[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

Additionally, since the stock parts are wholly useless for interplanetary travel unless your Scott Manley I imagine that Squad will rebalance some of the stock parts to make that possible. Your ships might thus not fly the same as in 0.16 (even more likely if you take into account 0.16's fuel bug).

Stock parts are more than competent for flying to near by planets and back.. landing on them is another issue, but its possible..

-Only re-balance we could see is to make things even harder on us.. because its ridiculous what you can do with 6-10 part rockets..

I don't know if this got asked but what is that orange fairing thingie for the probe that was in one of Nova's screenshots? Is it going to be added?

Its one if his mods he developed before he became a dev, and he answered that like 5-6 times already..

I don't know if this got asked but what is that orange fairing thingie for the probe that was in one of Nova's screenshots? Is it going to be added?

It's a fairing. No confirmation on fairings or shrouds, but they have existed in mods for well over a year.

First thing am gonna do is go to the Mun and find the Apollo 11 site.

Also have a look around the center for that Monolith if thats there then am gonna assume all the others are in the same place.

admire the new skybox (or whatever its called) and try and spot the new planets on that.

Go have a look at the new trees

See if that other launch center is still there.

I carnt wait for it to come out also I doubt it will be out soon as i have Blackmesa to play for a few weeks first.

First thing am gonna do is go to the Mun and find the Apollo 11 site.

Also have a look around the center for that Monolith if thats there then am gonna assume all the others are in the same place.

admire the new skybox (or whatever its called) and try and spot the new planets on that.

Go have a look at the new trees

See if that other launch center is still there.

I carnt wait for it to come out also I doubt it will be out soon as i have Blackmesa to play for a few weeks first.

Oh Deer God, black mesa is actually coming out?

not to but in-to any conversation here, but havent we gone WAY past the 1000 post/100 page limit here?

though seriously, this updat will be the best one yet!!i wana land on gilly(moon to second closest planet), be the first to do so. it has somethign to do with me(my nickname is "gilly" xD)

Really love the new features. Beyond the new planets i'm looking forward to the new moons ! Escpecially the ocean one.

Useless for interplanetary travel? The stock parts are more than capable of reaching other planets. And it wouldn't take an enormous ship either if you know what you're doing.

Yes, i think you are right. I've been playing only with stock parts and i've been able to create some real good deep space rockets.

Edited by Navy4422
Edit instead of double posting

On the parts being useless subject. I guess it depends on what is Your style of building them. And let's not forget that Mun was there long before any parts that theoretically allowed to land on it, and we managed somehow. If I was a dev, I would make getting to those planets technically impossible part-wise, and just sit back and wait for some ppl to amaze me. I'm sure even if all we had was RCS fuel and blocks, there still would be someone able to make his way to outer planets and back.

That said - no, stock parts are many things, but certainly no "useless" or irrelevant for interplanetary travel.

You know, I've been thinking lately about how difficult the jump from the single Kerbal lander to the three Kerbal lander was on me when 0.16 first came out. I wonder how much more difficult it is going to be to get to these new planets and land on them with the larger lander. Makes me think if there is going to be some part re-balancing.

You know, I've been thinking lately about how difficult the jump from the single Kerbal lander to the three Kerbal lander was on me when 0.16 first came out. I wonder how much more difficult it is going to be to get to these new planets and land on them with the larger lander. Makes me think if there is going to be some part re-balancing.

There should be.

There is an autonomous satellite pod in the probodobodyne pack that he used.

wish it was stock :(

Why not just download it?

also, with the new skybox, will we be able to see satellites like we do on earth? a shimmering small light, flying across the sky?

One-way missions will not be significantly harder, if you can reach solar escape velocity (and many people have done that with stock parts) you can arrive almost anywhere. Going and returning, that's an entirely different proposition. But it has to be.

Also because when docking finally comes, it will make everything easier again ;)

if the list of things in .17 on the first post under here are being kept up to date, seems like there is alot of stuff, still in planning and in production. So it seems to me .17 is still at least a month away.