[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

nivvydaskrl: I'm sorry for you. I wouldn't have kicked you out. I think mistakes can happen . If the one who made the mistake honestly confesses and is sorry for it. The one should not be punished.

But it is only my opinion.

Having been an administrator on online communities in other places, I understand the reasoning. It's easy for someone to claim they made a mistake when they really didn't, and allowing me a free pass would set a bad precedent -- it's possible that the test team would quickly become a leaking sieve. The consequences don't bother me, and I feel really good for having stepped up and owned it.

I just wanted to clear the air and calm down the speculation; please don't think poorly of the staff involved, they're awesome guys and this is an awesome community that I'm proud to be a part of!

Having been an administrator on online communities in other places, I understand the reasoning. It's easy for someone to claim they made a mistake when they really didn't, and allowing me a free pass would set a bad precedent -- it's possible that the test team would quickly become a leaking sieve. The consequences don't bother me, and I feel really good for having stepped up and owned it.

I just wanted to clear the air and calm down the speculation; please don't think poorly of the staff involved, they're awesome guys and this is an awesome community that I'm proud to be a part of!

If it were me, I'd probably kick you out for breaching the NDA, but re-instating you quickly after a while for being such a gentleman about it.

c7 showed the new skymap in his video which was supposed to be a secret, and there was no new information in the picture apart from the fact it indicated experimentals had been realeased, maybe abit harsh. EDIT: Link for the video?

Edited by carter1205

The waiting and the silence of the devs is killing me. Why did they astablish Blog's if they don't use them? Everytime I go to the internet I first go to the Blogupdate, then to the Development and last to this thread to see if anything is new.

No offence but I think at least a 'Hello, we are alive! :-D' once a week would be fine. And I don't mean Nova. It was much better in 0.16.

Btw: I can't wait to visit all the new Planets and Moons.

TBH I think rescue missions would be pretty freaking hard to from another planet lmao, since weight is already such a big factor in getting there. Then you'd have to add on the weight of extra pods that can hold those stranded Kerbals! I'm definitely going to take the extra precautions and planning in order to bring Kerbals back on their intended missions, and not rescue missions XD

EDIT:

The waiting and the silence of the devs is killing me. Why did they astablish Blog's if they don't use them? Everytime I go to the internet I first go to the Blogupdate, then to the Development and last to this thread to see if anything is new.

No offence but I think at least a 'Hello, we are alive! :-D' once a week would be fine. And I don't mean Nova. It was much better in 0.16.

I agree, it would be nice to see them say what features are implemented/not finished/finished/etc, that way we'll get a feel for how close it is to release. I don't mind surprises, but a whole release that isn't supplemented with updates beforehand is a needlessly big surprise. HarvesteR's update thread would be perfect if it were updated more than once every 2 or 3 weeks =P

Edited by Ekku Zakku

TBH I think rescue missions would be pretty freaking hard to from another planet lmao, since weight is already such a big factor in getting there. Then you'd have to add on the weight of extra pods that can hold those stranded Kerbals! I'm definitely going to take the extra precautions and planning in order to bring Kerbals back on their intended missions, and not rescue missions XD

I'm thinking about sending my Kerbals to another planet with a ship that only has enough fuel to take off again and establish an orbit, then sending a rescue mission which doesn't have to be equipped for a landing. With the large energy budgets needed for sending landing engines, parachutes, decouplers, and whatnot to another planet, cutting the weight of those components needed for atmospheric entry could result in a much more managable craft.

Interplanetary travel isn't as hard as you all make it seem. It could really be done in one stage (that's extremely difficult though, and probably a one way trip), but provided you have an efficient enough launch and transfer stage, you should be able to make it all the way to a parking orbit before you decouple the transfer stage. the landing stage (depending on the planet) should be able to return home if you go for a straight descent back to kerbin instead of establishing a parking orbit first.

I'm thinking about sending my Kerbals to another planet with a ship that only has enough fuel to take off again and establish an orbit, then sending a rescue mission which doesn't have to be equipped for a landing. With the large energy budgets needed for sending landing engines, parachutes, decouplers, and whatnot to another planet, cutting the weight of those components needed for atmospheric entry could result in a much more managable craft.

Yeah, it is a viable strategy, but I would send those two craft at the same time and so they would still technically be the same mission. I may even try a 3x Kerbin orbit rendezvous, one for the lander, one for the orbiter, and a third for the fuel and engines to push the first two out of Kerbin orbit. Then the first two craft can then just perform their needed maneuvers when they arrive at the target planet =3

Yeah, it is a viable strategy, but I would send those two craft at the same time and so they would still technically be the same mission. I may even try a 3x Kerbin orbit rendezvous, one for the lander, one for the orbiter, and a third for the fuel and engines to push the first two out of Kerbin orbit. Then the first two craft can then just perform their needed maneuvers when they arrive at the target planet =3

Hah! Well, the ability to dock ships together would change things significantly; I'd definitely be constructing complexes in orbit for all sorts of ludicrous things...including interplanetary travel.

Until that's a possibility, though, I think I'd do one-way missions. The sheer amount of delta-vee involved in landing on something and taking off again...well, there's a reason I don't try the Kerbin->Mun->Kerbin->Mun->Kerbin challenges. Too much fiddling and too many rockets exploded on launch for my tastes.

Guys, this thread is dying. There are no news about 0.17 and no one knows when it's gonna be released. The pleasant anticipation is killing me, I checked this thread like 12 times today just to see a new picture from Nova. It eats my soul and infiltrates my dreams, it's a bad influence for my marks and my private life. It's a drug in my bottle rocketeers vains. I would like to hear a release date from the Devs, even it would be in 2013 or just a random date, so I could finally turn this computer of and sleep. :(

Guys, this thread is dying. There are no news about 0.17 and no one knows when it's gonna be released. The pleasant anticipation is killing me, I checked this thread like 12 times today just to see a new picture from Nova. It eats my soul and infiltrates my dreams, it's a bad influence for my marks and my private life. It's a drug in my bottle rocketeers vains. I would like to hear a release date from the Devs, even it would be in 2013 or just a random date, so I could finally turn this computer of and sleep. :(

-This is a good sign, it means that thy are working so hard so that they don't have time posting on the forums.. Patience..

Relax, its a game..It comes out when it comes out, dont let that effect your real life activities (that much)

So what's that what we have here:

I definately see something like the nuclear engine from the kocmoc angara package

Then there are some parts from probodobdyne

And Tosh's carts

And also some parts from the Ceres Package

I really love that new engine looks great nova :D

EDIT: Oh, and there is also a controller or something from the Kethane package.

Edited by DonKamillo