Wanderer's Planet Pack - V0.76.3 Beta (KSP 1.12)

TheWanderer05

You need Kopernicus (for 1.12 or later) for this mod to work.

-Not sure why, but many images on this page aren't loading anymore. I'll try to resolve this when time permits.

Recent Changelog - 5 September 2022

Hi everyone,

I know development on this mod has been (extremely) slow due to much of my time being spent on college, but I recently got accepted for a full-time job, which will demand most of my time.  As such, I'll be suspending any attempts at regular development for the foreseeable future. I will continue to attempt to solve game-breaking issues that anyone is having, but any new features/terrain improvements will likely never come, unless I can find any motivation to work on this thing again.  I'll be honest, whenever I try to work on this mod (and mainly its terrain maps), it becomes very easy to lose motivation to continue. I started this project almost 5 years ago, and it was definitely fun and exciting to work on for a little while, crafting my own star system. I'm sorry if this is disappointing news, but I never wanted this to happen either. Thanks for reading, and I hope to maybe return to this in some capacity someday...

Known issues

-Solace terrain appears dark on some graphics settings.

To Do

-Fix gas giant atmosphere pressure curves and appearances

-Fix seriously bad-looking terrain on some bodies

-Make proper scatterer configs

-Add hidden planets

Download

GitHub release page

To install, extract the downloaded file and drag the WPlanetPack folder into your GameData folder.

Screenshots and Bodies

Myna, the new Mun. Very green.

unknown.png

Klip, much larger and heavier than Minmus. Filled with hills and some sharp ridges.

unknown.png

Grasse, a heavy rock close to Eve's old orbit. It doesn't look pleasant from space, but it makes for a great drive.

unknown.png

Bedu, a gas dwarf close to Moho's orbit. It harbors two small moons, neither of which have atmospheres. Kase, one of them,  can be seen here.

unknown.png

Cinder, a moon made of popcorn. Confirmation needed.

unknown.png

Argent, a planet so close to the sun that its surface has been blasted away. Touch up in progress.

unknown.png

Aeris and its moon Sedra. I plan on reworking Aeris's terrain soon, but I think I'll keep the color scheme.

unknown.png

Byte, a barren desert world with lots of craters.

unknown.png

Bit, Moon of Byte. 1/8 the size, too.

unknown.png

Vita and one of its moons, Ola (serious work needed on terrain at the moment)

unknown.png

Joule, the new Jool (needs polar distortions still).

unknown.png

Ohm, a large moon with a thin atmosphere. It has high peaks for its size, and a lot of islands.

unknown.png

Amp, a very large rocky moon without an atmosphere. Rework is mostly complete, just messing with colors and a few areas of terrain.

unknown.png

Spark, a spherical asteroid only a few km across. I'd remake it, but the surface is too fun.

unknown.png

Volt, a large desert moon. The atmosphere isn't as thick as it looks, I'll fix it eventually.

unknown.png

Ira, a small, dense ice moon. It has a thin-ish atmosphere, but planes shouldn't be too hard to land here if they're light enough. No oxygen.

unknown.png

Elias, the current replacement for Eeloo. It will be moved out much farther than its current position.

unknown.png

Any thoughts/criticism? Please share it with me, I need every bit I can get. Please don't redistribute this mod as your own. If you want to make any modifications to it and rerelease it, contact me first.

Edited by TheWanderer05
Major status update & issue acknowledgement

23 minutes ago, Galacticvoyager said:

Im using chrome, so I dont think its the browser...

Yeah, I'm also on Chrome, works for me.

@TheWanderer05- I thought Ira was for @Cabbink and his Blender/Community Planet Pack.

If it's part of this, too, I posted a config on that thread, because Ira's atmosphere was  going to be not functional.

Edited by Mrcarrot

2 hours ago, Mrcarrot said:

Yeah, I'm also on Chrome, works for me.

@TheWanderer05- I thought Ira was for @Cabbink and his Blender/Community Planet Pack.

If it's part of this, too, I posted a config on that thread, because Ira's atmosphere was  going to be not functional.

It was originally for this pack, but I decided to use it for the Community pack as well. What was wrong with its current atmosphere?

1 hour ago, TheWanderer05 said:

It was originally for this pack, but I decided to use it for the Community pack as well. What was wrong with its current atmosphere?

Missing a bunch of curves and the derivatives for PressureCurve.

On 10/4/2017 at 7:05 PM, TheWanderer05 said:

-Add hidden planets (good luck finding em)

I don't think you can have "hidden" planets, because the game will allow you to zoom out in the map view/ tracking station until you can see everything there is to see, and you can tab through all the planets anyway. Would require some c# coding.

14 hours ago, Mrcarrot said:

I don't think you can have "hidden" planets, because the game will allow you to zoom out in the map view/ tracking station until you can see everything there is to see, and you can tab through all the planets anyway. Would require some c# coding.

I believe you can have a line that makes the planet in question unselectable, and I can make the orbit clear as well.

1 hour ago, TheWanderer05 said:

I believe you can have a line that makes the planet in question unselectable, and I can make the orbit clear as well.

Right, but making the icon invisible is (to my knowledge) impossible.

Plus, I was going to try making a plugin (my first) to decrease max zoom until one cannot find the hidden planet.

Edited by Mrcarrot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.