Wanderer's Planet Pack - V0.76.3 Beta (KSP 1.12)

TheWanderer05

Good news. I'm resuming development of this planet pack, albeit slowly. I've recently created a new moon, Bit, for the planet Byte. Since I have a decent amount of celestial objects added in, I will begin revisiting and improving existing objects so that they look a bit better than their current selves. I will keep you all updated as improvements are made as time passes. For now, enjoy an image of Bit, the moon that looks a bit too much like a pizza crust. Thanks for reading.

unknown.png

Edited by TheWanderer05
added a little detail.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't shown the replacement home planet "Solace" yet, but it has been in development for a long time (with much procrastination). Over the months of its existence, it has gone through 2 major overhauls, and this is the version I think looks best. I still need to add ice caps, however.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ohm's atmospheric pressure curve has been overhauled and fixed, and the atmosphere color has been changed from a horrible solid white to a nice pale green gradient. I'll be updating the pressure curves for the rest of the planets now. After that, I'll resume working on terrain overhauls.

unknown.png

Edited by TheWanderer05
spelling mistake

These look absolutly amazing!I cant belive this is your first planet pack!.they look so good :rolleyes:

unknown.png

Specially this one it looks like a meteor crashed there or a weird kind of mountain rage.

And is the skybox yours?....It looks so nice and mistirius looks nice!

BTW i have seen alpha on the title....Is there a download link?...becasue i cant seem to see it :huh:

On 4/7/2019 at 3:40 PM, KerbolExplorer said:

These look absolutly amazing!I cant belive this is your first planet pack!.they look so good :rolleyes:

Thank you! And to answer your questions:

The skybox is an export from Space Engine, although I plan to change it a little in the future.

As for a download link, I have not set one up yet, as there are still some problems with the current bodies that need fixing. I'll likely release it once I've overhauled the atmospheres and terrain on those that still need updates.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2019 at 8:29 PM, Shawn Kerman said:

When will this ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL THING be realseased?

I haven't been able to work on it much lately due to final exams coming up, but once those are done, I'll resume working on a few things that need fixing. These mainly include atmospheric pressure curves and some terrain improvements, but I plan to  have a release sometime this summer if all goes well.

On 4/18/2019 at 7:44 AM, Mythical Donuts said:

I find it weird how i’m working on like my 6th planet pack, but there’s people like Wanderer who’re making planets much better than mine in their first packs! This is absolutely awesome!

Thank you!

On 4/18/2019 at 4:14 PM, Noah the Smol said:

I like Elias' appearance. It's a good version of uniqueness.

What about it do you like? I plan on redoing it, but if there's something specific that you like about it, I may try to keep certain aspects of it intact when I get around to it.

Edited by TheWanderer05

I like Elias' appearance because I actually like its odd colors. It is unique and not bad, I've rarely seen ones like it. Maybe have it as an almost-ejected once-Kerbinlike, where those odd depressions are ancient seas frozen over.

• 3 months later...

Hello, everyone. I've got some good and bad news regarding development. The good news is that I am about ready to release the mod (albeit in an unfinished state, reason mentioned in the status update in the main post). The bad news is that I am having trouble setting up an account with the site I am trying to host the files on. Another part of bad news is that development is about to get even slower due to college starting again soon, but the rest of the things needed are somewhat simple. Thanks for reading.

Below: Joule texture updated - no longer a space engine export (top) and WIP of Ola's terrain rework (some glaring issues are present, bottom)

unknown.png

unknown.png

• 4 weeks later...

The Beta release is taking a bit longer than expected; I recently tested the mod on KSP 1.7.3 (previously 1.3.2) and some values for aesthetics (atmo colors, main textures, etc) were wrong. Byte is also in need of a serious rework, as it has been causing some concerning performance issues on approach.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 10:01 PM, Shawn Kerman said:

The thread has been quiet? making a bunch of small updates?

At the moment, my main focus for preparing the pack for a beta release is getting some performance issues fixed involving some of the terrains for a few of the planets and moons. Usually this wouldn't take so long, but I have had 2 exams in the past week and 3 more to come this next week. Once I'm done with those, I should be able to finish the fixes for the problematic areas of the mod.

Edited by TheWanderer05

51 minutes ago, Noah the Smol said:

How are you gonna pull this off?

You can make them "undiscoverable" in the tracking station and also hide their orbit line. All in kopernicus.

magic.

Edited by Galileo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.