Experimental Saves You Hesitate to Delete

Ty Tan Tu

I have this bad habit of starting a new sandbox game just to test one of my crazy ideas or some new part - and then forgetting about them? My saves have such creative names as ' Testing 123', 'New Parts Test', and 'Terrapin Station'. Nothing to give me a hint about what I was thinking about at the time,

'Terrapin Station' has a five story habitat on Minimus.

'Testing 123' has three asteroids orbiting Kerbin. I think the idea was to setup fueling stations in low, synchronous, and extra high Kerbin orbits.

'New Parts'Test' I had completely forgotten about, but it was a crazy idea that was pretty cool. It has the beginning of a floating base on Laythe. There is a Hitchhiker can attached to a science lab floating on Laythe, The idea was, you do not have to land on one of Laythe''s islands, you can just use boats to build a floating station on the planet.

Anyway, does anyone else have old saved games you are not actively playing, but do not want to delete quite yet?

I have one science mode, where I went a bit too far with timewarp, so most of stuff is basically gone, but I keep it, since it was my first. Then two sandboxes (not sure why two though, I could make everything in one?) that just sit there and, dunno, wait for better days, or crazier ideas.

soooo many saves! I'm a terrible data hoarder, so I tend to keep saves, even though there's probably nothing worthwhile in them. When I take a break from KSP and then come back, by which point I've forgotten what the point of each save was, but I can't bring myself to delete them on the off-chance there was something cool, or some useful bit of craft design.  So yeah, I've ended up with a large archive of past saves.  

In Realism Overhaul i have at least 7 saves named 'this is going to be my main save ok' or something like that. Sometimes im just stupid and demotivated to do anything.

soooo many saves! I'm a terrible data hoarder, so I tend to keep saves, even though there's probably nothing worthwhile in them. When I take a break from KSP and then come back, by which point I've forgotten what the point of each save was, but I can't bring myself to delete them on the off-chance there was something cool, or some useful bit of craft design.  So yeah, I've ended up with a large archive of past saves.  

^^ you are not alone! ^^

I delete saves with impunity. Unfortunately I also delete saves with craft designs I want to save with impunity. My problem is that I want an easy way to move craft I like to a central area that isn't with the stock craft but also doesn't rely on some online scheme.

11 hours ago, regex said:

I delete saves with impunity. Unfortunately I also delete saves with craft designs I want to save with impunity. My problem is that I want an easy way to move craft I like to a central area that isn't with the stock craft but also doesn't rely on some online scheme.

Symlink some directories?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.