Kerbal Space Program 1.3.1 is live!

UomoCapra

43 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

@JPLRepo any news on issue 13101? I was hoping a fix could be sneaked in 1.3.1 but from reading the changelog it wouldn't seem like it has

+1, are there any chances this will be fixed?

Edited by Walker

4 minutes ago, Stikkychaos said:

* Fix Profanity filter for Kerbal Names in Russian.

sounds like a nerf.

A profanity filter on Kerbal names sounds like a waste of perfectly good CPU cycles,  in any language... But we gotta be PC and all that rubbish. How sad.

11 minutes ago, steve_v said:

A profanity filter on Kerbal names sounds like a waste of perfectly good CPU cycles,  in any language... But we gotta be PC and all that rubbish. How sad.

it's not about being PC

this is a PEGI 3 game and there are rules to follow

when your names are randomly generated from a bunch of prefixes (eg: DIL) and suffixes (eg. DO) it's pretty easy to get some names that would break PEGI 3 rules

on a separate note, why the hell does the forum now change "ffi" to a single character? is that only me?

6 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

why the hell does the forum now change "ffi" to a single character? is that only me?

Hmmm:

echo ff{a..z}
ffa ffb ffc ffd ffe fff ffg ffh ffi ffj ffk ffl ffm ffn ffo ffp ffq ffr Darn it fft ffu ffv ffw ffx ffy ffz
Ridiculous. But "ffi" is ok.

Edited by steve_v

9 hours ago, BigTree said:

After many messages about incompatible mods and going completely through the loading process, but before opening, the game crashes.  It's broke for me.

The game isn't broken.  You are running incompatible mods, you need to wait for them to get updated

13 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

lol

This is why I have a special loathing for profanity filters, and a special pitchfork for those that implement them.
They never work properly, because they don't understand context, and they massacre innocent things like the above series.
The filters on this forum also operate on code boxes, where "Darn it" may be part of a string or function name, this is just plain stupid.
See, there it goes again. And I can be properly offensive without triggering it too, if I so choose. Dumb.

Edited by steve_v

2 minutes ago, steve_v said:

This is why I have a special loathing for profanity filters, and a special pitchfork for those that implement them.
They never work properly, because they don't understand context, and they massacre innocent things like the above series.
That they also operate on code boxes, where "Darn it" may be part of a string or function name, is just plain stupid.
See, there it goes again.

yes, I agree this kind of filters are funny

the kind used ingame tho is only there to make sure the kerbals don't have inappropriate names (or even weird names, like Kerman Kerman)

there is no other filter as far as I'm aware

1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

the kind used ingame tho is only there to make sure the kerbals don't have inappropriate names

So long as it doesn't stop me from generating an "offensively" named Kerbal, that's fine.

1 minute ago, steve_v said:

So long as it doesn't stop me from generating an "offensively" named Kerbal, that's fine.

I don't think it does as long as you do it for your own use, adding the feature into a mod might be against the rules, I'm not sure, you will need to check that

9 hours ago, Freds said:

Time to create a tar.gz with my current install, and update ksp!

I just use Git to backup. Since Squad were smart and use text files for all the saved games. :-)

Have you added toggle pitch, toggle yaw, and toggle roll as action groups? I don't understand why simply all actions can be put in action groups.

Edited by LostOblivion

1 minute ago, snkiz said:

Colour Me impressed a patch targeted at Linux :)

If it's what I think it is, it's not a patch. It's just a recompile against a GLIBC version that Ubuntu LTS actually includes. How this was missed in the first place is a bit baffling.

Just now, steve_v said:

If it's what I think it is, it's not a patch. It's just a recompile against a GLIBC version that Ubuntu LTS actually includes. How this was missed in the first place is a bit baffling.

It is work squad put in and documented targeting the linux platform. They could have just clicked the compile for Linux button in unity and called it a day.

7 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

It was known and raised during the prerelease. Mod authors should be aware of it. Or will become aware of it quickly. Thanks for raising it here also. Yes, there was a necessary change required for localization.

Unfortunately due to the way these settings work using reflection, we only became aware of a signature issue between 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 regarding this about a week ago which did not leave enough time to resolve it.
So it does mean any mods using the built in settings parameters will require a recompile.

Gaaaahhh!

That means most of my mods

Yuck!

6 minutes ago, snkiz said:

They could have just clicked the compile for Linux button in unity and called it a day.

That's almost certainly how it happened to begin with. Compiling against a library version not yet included in Ubuntu or Debian Stable, when your system requirements say "Debian based distro"... :confused:
I'm glad that it's fixed, but it shouldn't have happened to begin with. Smells like lack of testing to me.

A patch targeting Linux isn't a big deal unless Linux users are being treated as second-class citizens.
I'm not seeing "I'm impressed, a patch targeting Windoze" anywhere around here.

Edited by steve_v

Just now, steve_v said:

That's almost certainly how it happened to begin with. Compiling against a library version not yet included in Ubuntu or Debian Stable, when your system requirements say "Debian based distro"... :confused:
I'm glad that it's fixed, but it shouldn't have happened to begin with.

I'm sure it was how it started but they kept with it long after that probably doesn't work. Whether it was a bonehead mistake or unforeseen is irrelevant, I appreciate that it is being looked after, instead of being a jerk. If it was as you say compiled against a bleeding edge lib, well atleast they are looking forward, I'd hate to be stuck on Debian stable age LIbs just for KSP.

7 minutes ago, snkiz said:

I'd hate to be stuck on Debian stable age LIbs just for KSP.

The very reason it's "boneheaded" is because that library is backwards compatible. Compiling it against the version shipped in Debian stable would cause no problems at all.
Besides, I've been running stable for about 9  years. No urge to go "bleeding edge" at all.

If I'm "being a jerk", it's because fixing a bug in the Linux build shouldn't be a big deal. It should be business as usual, like the other supported platforms.

On that note, I see the system requirements still say "Mac OS X 10.8 or higher"... How's it running on High Sierra at the  moment? Patch coming?

Edited by steve_v

3 minutes ago, steve_v said:

If I'm "being a jerk", it's because fixing a bug in the Linux build shouldn't be a big deal. It should be business as usual, like the other supported platforms

Maybe thats why some people don't like us. I still feel privileged that our near 5% market share gets any attention and I  don't want to burn it.

13 minutes ago, snkiz said:

Maybe thats why some people don't like us.

I stopped caring if people like me many years ago.

13 minutes ago, snkiz said:

I still feel privileged that our near 5% market share gets any attention and I  don't want to burn it.

If a dev supports GNU/Linux, I buy their stuff. If they treat me like a second-class citizen, I don't buy from them again. If that's burning it, so be it.
I don't feel privileged to get support for a platform that is listed as supported, since it is stated as being supported.

If lingoona didn't work on Win 7, do you think Squad would sit on a simple fix for this long?

Edited by steve_v

11 hours ago, eloquentJane said:

I feel like it's just my luck that the day I get back into KSP and install a bunch of mods for the current version, a new version immediately gets released. At least I can revert to 1.3.0 for now.

I feel your pain! Just going through the same thing myself. 

It's all coming back to me now why I tried to keep tthe number of mods I used last time I played down to an absolute minimum but some of them are so useful and pretty. It's a shame some of the really popular ones such as engineer and the graphical mods mods aren't incorporated into the game by now, would take away some of the pain. 

Edited by tris2n

21 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

* Fix Duna Rock allows kerbals to climb and plant flags (no more ragdoll).

So what's this "Duna Rock?" Is this the boulder the Curiosity camera is embedded in or maybe the Kerbal Face?