Kerbal Space Program 1.3.1 is live!

UomoCapra

1 hour ago, Tyko said:

thanks so much for creating and supporting those mods :)

I'm just glad to be of assistance, no thanks required, but greatly appreciated.

However, I'd like to see SnapDock, SASAG, Off Stage, and Separator Destroyer put into stock as well. Perhaps in a future update, I suppose.
(SASAG makes Stock VTOL easier to control when combined with Control From Here)

Edited by Xyphos

22 hours ago, BigTree said:

After many messages about incompatible mods and going completely through the loading process, but before opening, the game crashes.  It's broke for me.

Same for me. The game crashes before it even comes to the start menu. :mad:

I think it's a very bad idea to do automatic updates in this manner. Out of nowhere the whole game is broken. True, using mods is always a risk, but once I start to fiddle with the installation, I don't want Steam or anybody else change anything without my knowledge! This is a real show-stopper.

Well, its awesome that you guys update the game to a better version, only ''bad'' side effect is the crashing.
Probably because the mods in Ckan isnt compatible with the main game, and force it to freeze and ''crash'' i guess?

Just happened  today after the update, several times, so I cant think of any other causes xD 

I just hope the modders will update their Ckan mods soon so I can try the new version of KSP, until then im just going to go back on the earlier beta. :P

Keep it up guys, well done! (Not ironically, seriously, nice job!)

Do anyone know Ckans plans with this?

Edited by Zetlex

19 minutes ago, spekulatius said:

Same for me. The game crashes before it even comes to the start menu. :mad:

I think it's a very bad idea to do automatic updates in this manner. Out of nowhere the whole game is broken. True, using mods is always a risk, but once I start to fiddle with the installation, I don't want Steam or anybody else change anything without my knowledge! This is a real show-stopper.

just don't play on the steam folder, you can copy the game directory and play on the copy without worrying about steam autoupdating stuff

or set steam to ask before updating, it's not like autoupdate is the only option

Okay, we get it. Several of you think the game is over-reacting to profanity. But since Squad could get into legal trouble about it, how about we all just accept it as an annoying fact of life, move on, stop talking about it, stop asking for examples of it, and stop linking to examples of it? Please? 

7 hours ago, TheSaint said:

I would pay money (not a lot, but a little) for a Klingon language pack, just because I know the YouTube videos would be entertaining beyond all measure. :D

I might too.  The first thing that went through my mind was "What's Klingon for 'Oops!'?"  Does it translate out to "I meant to do that."?

4 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

just don't play on the steam folder, you can copy the game directory and play on the copy without worrying about steam autoupdating stuff

or set steam to ask before updating, it's not like autoupdate is the only option

Well, that would be good advice...before the update. I've got some last minute tweaks to do for a fighter competition, and tonight's the only time I can do it before the deadline.

40 minutes ago, Grenartia said:

Well, that would be good advice...before the update. I've got some last minute tweaks to do for a fighter competition, and tonight's the only time I can do it before the deadline.

Well then be glad this is the last time you'll ever be surprised by an update.

I realise this is on the last page and may help no one but if you wish to continue to play KSP using all your mods that are only compatible with KSP 1.3.0 and you're using steam, follow these instructions.

1. Right-click Kerbal Space Program in your games list.

2. Click Properties.

3. Click BETAS.

4. Select from the drop down menu "previous_1.3.0 - 1.3.0 Kerbal Space Program"

It will regress to 1.3.0 which I believe is roughly a 40MB download.

5. ???

6. Profit

The game will be playable with all your mods like there was never an update.

On 10/5/2017 at 7:19 PM, DeltaDizzy said:

probably 1 or 2, considering its a mainly patch. Planet packs are ones most likely to be affected

Kopernicus has been updated for 1.3.1, and planet packs require one tiny config edit to function.

16 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

You are aware that there's no stock UI to enter Kerbal names manually, right?

The alt+F12 debug menu has one...

Edited by Mrcarrot

And the MAC launcher still locks up while loading asset bundles...

Other than issue (which will likely never get resolved) everything seems like it is nicely done.

Congrats @SQUAD

EDIT (and minor peeve):  By the way - Since the forum rules strictly prohibits conspiracy and other types of threads --> Why is there STILL a loading tip that states "Staging Mun landing..."????   Can that particular tip be removed?  Seems it is poorly framed in my opinion.  OR is it ok to allow it since it is only talking about the Mun rather than the Moon?    I know it is supposed to be humorous - but this particular tip always make me cringe a little and think "On no, not again' when it pops up.  @SQUAD, thoughts?

Even a 'humorous' acknowledgement of an 'Anti-science" conspiracy theory in a "Pro-science" game acknowledges and propagates a dangerously negative meme in my opinion.  There are plenty of other humorous loading tips that can make everyone smile - I don't think folks are going to miss this one if it were to disappear.

Edited by Wallygator

54 minutes ago, Wallygator said:

EDIT (and minor peeve):  By the way - Since the forum rules strictly prohibits conspiracy and other types of threads --> Why is there STILL a loading tip that states "Staging Mun landing..."????   Can that particular tip be removed?  Seems it is poorly framed in my opinion.  OR is it ok to allow it since it is only talking about the Mun rather than the Moon?    I know it is supposed to be humorous - but this particular tip always make me cringe a little and think "On no, not again' when it pops up.  @SQUAD, thoughts?

Even a 'humorous' acknowledgement of an 'Anti-science" conspiracy theory in a "Pro-science" game acknowledges and propagates a dangerously negative meme in my opinion.  There are plenty of other humorous loading tips that can make everyone smile - I don't think folks are going to miss this one if it were to disappear.

relax

23 minutes ago, memes in space said:

I'm not "updating" if there are literally no advantages. Throttle is set to 0% which is literally useless, kerbals can't make maneuver nodes because Take Two hates fun, and for some reason they put a swear filter in a singleplayer game???

Your choice.  There are mods to control the throttle at launch, Kerbals and maneuver nodes had problems, and the "swear filter" is required BY LAW in the European Union.

Lots of bug fixes, if you don't think they are necessary, stay on 1.3.0.

Be warned, that my (and most of mods) will only be supporting 1.3.1 going forward.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, memes in space said:

[…] kerbals can't make maneuver nodes because Take Two hates fun […]

Proof? And not just some half-arsed proof that you pulled the last time on that DLC petition thread – I want a credible source.

Edited by TotallyNotHuman
Wrong thread.

On 05/10/2017 at 9:57 PM, adsii1970 said:

4. Makes moders so frustrated many of them begin wondering why they decided to begin moding to start with. Makes players wonder why they ever began installing mods and the "virtue" of playing a vanilla game.

I too hate when a new version ruins my mod build,  which is usually 50+ mods.

What i've been doing since 1.2.1 is to copy the whole game to another directory and play from there. And then  wait for the community to update their mods and do another build from scratch. 

I know there is no stopping progress,  but the updates could be fewer and more hefty,  instead of a new version every 3 months or so,  with not that many changes.

I mean,  I have been reading the website news and a lot of fuss was made about new parts,  making history,  mission builder and whatnot. Little of that actually came to the game. So my first reaction will have to be to ignore 1.3.1. completelly,  play my tested and proven modded 1.3.0 for another 6 months,  and wait for 1.3.2,  perhaps .3 or .4 even.

Not complaining,  though.

Edited by Daniel Prates

On 10/5/2017 at 7:56 PM, memes in space said:

* Default throttle setting to 0%.

Why? What use is a 0% throttle? It should default to 100%. Also why did you take away kerbal maneuver nodes

Zero percent throttle is very useful when you want to stage an engine without turning it on.

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Be warned, that my (and most of mods) will only be supporting 1.3.1 going forward.

[Edited by adsii1970 for content I wish to comment upon]

Just asking for clarification... so what you are saying is that of say, KSP 1.4 comes out, you're not going to update beyond 1.3.1?

34 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Just asking for clarification... so what you are saying is that of say, KSP 1.4 comes out, you're not going to update beyond 1.3.1?

I think you got that one the wrong way round. Most mods have no interest in supporting KSP 1.3.0 when they can target KSP 1.3.1, unless something comes up with 1.3.1 that we just haven't noticed yet.