Kerbal Space Program 1.3.1 is live!

UomoCapra

14 hours ago, memes in space said:

* Default throttle setting to 0%.

Why? What use is a 0% throttle? It should default to 100%.

12 hours ago, Confused Scientist said:

Thank you! Oh, thank you! Our collective OCD demands it!

12 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

You can change the default in the Settings from the Main Menu

Oh sweet Jeebus.....lets not re-open that can of dead horse. Please.

I know shiny new toys must be taken out to play imidiatly

SpaceDock now knows about 1.3.1. So give the Mod authors some time to update their code and the info to propagate to CKAN.
:)

Thank you for a strong heartbeat from the KSP coding cave in form of this update.
I would give it an A+ but i can only afford C# :wink:

54 minutes ago, Frozen_Heart said:

I've noticed that every time i finally break and install mods, an update for KSP comes out less than a week later.

Cool, I know who to call next time I long for a KSP update then. :P

14 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

I am aware of how long running undock problems have been raised. And I am also aware that several have been fixed as well in the past.
Hence I am specifically asking for which report. 10243 - contains not enough information to diagnose that particular report.
There have been several different reports fixed over the years, but each time their are different circumstances driving the problem.
The forums are not used to schedule bug fix work. The bug tracker is. So having good, reliable bug reports with a reliable reproduction steps and save files, info means the bug report is more likely to be looked at and fixed.

1,000 times THIS. The bug tracker exists for a reason, and the more info you can give to the devs, the more likely it'll get fixed.  Fixing bugs involves the following:

1. Reproducing the issue
2. Figuring out why the issue happens (root-causing the issue)
3. Figuring out how much work is involved (evaluating the root-cause to determine LoE - Level of Effort to correct, mitigate, or work around)
4. Addressing/Fixing the issue (writing code)
5. QA the issue (verify the fix, and iterate 4-5 until done)
6. Release the fix

There isn't anything WE can do about 3-6, but none of that happens until 1 and 2 are done. Step 2 can take A LOOOOOOOONG TIME. The more (and better) info you provide, the less work involved for the devs to complete Step 2 and move on to the rest of it. The "break points" in the process are steps 1, 2, and 3. If the devs can't easily reproduce the issue, then the issue will be dropped. If the devs can't root cause the issue in short order, the issue will be dropped. If correcting the issue takes 6 months, and it only impacts 1% of the user base, (or is trivial for the user to work around, or is cosmetic) then the issue will be shelved, dropped, or addressed next time that code is worked on.

It doesn't do anyone any good to simply complain that something doesn't work, or hasn't been fixed yet. (other than to make the poster feel better - and incidentally stress out everyone else) What does good is to be specific, to do some investigation first on your own as to when and how the problem happens, and to be polite and professional when dealing with Squad, or in cases of mods, the mod maker.  Especially since that mod maker might end up working for Squad.

5 hours ago, panarchist said:

There isn't anything WE can do about 3-6, but none of that happens until 1 and 2 are done. Step 2 can take A LOOOOOOOONG TIME. The more (and better) info you provide, the less work involved for the devs to complete Step 2 and move on to the rest of it.

I would go so far as to say that anyone cluttering this thread with, "What about bug X?" is announcing, "I don't know anything about how this works."

If you want to know the status, check the bug tracker entry for that bug. If there isn't one, then it's definitely not being worked on. Go create it!

Edited by HebaruSan

19 hours ago, Xyphos said:

Stock "Control From Here" in action groups is a welcome addition, but makes my mod obsolete.
I'll keep the mod on SpaceDock but I don't see a need to update it anymore.

EDIT: Three of my mods are now obsolete

• Control From Here
  • Drill Action Fix
  • Fix Seat Eject

@Xyphos thanks so much for creating and supporting those mods :)

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:40 PM, UomoCapra said:

* Fix Profanity filter for Kerbal Names in Russian.

First of all, why? And second of all, I hope you do understand that it's A) absolutely useless, as no-one invented yet an even remotely working profanity filter for russian language, and B) will only heat people up for the challenge. Do you know nothing about russian culture? Saying that something is "forbidden" is like saying "I dare you".

Edited by Morse

3 minutes ago, Morse said:

First of all, why? And second of all, I hope you do understand that it's A) absolutely useless, as no-one invented yet an even remotely working profanity filter for russian language, and B) will only heat people up for the challenge. Do you know nothing about russian culture? Saying that something is "forbidden" is like saying "I dare you".

You are aware that there's no stock UI to enter Kerbal names manually, right? Therefore this update means, "The name generator was creating obscene names in Russian, so we fixed that."

"that's my map and i do what i want" :3 oh hebaru :3 that comment remind so much when we shared the cityskyline map on steam ^^ still i prefer classic when playing city skyline than this old country music weird text ^^

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
btw i love coutnry, but this text ... and cgi are a shame

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Therefore this update means, "The name generator was creating obscene names in Russian, so we fixed that."

Such a horrible tease to proclaim the problem fixed without faulty examples. Does anyone have a bug report or some other leads?

upd:
https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/15787

[snip] 

A rather liberal filter, to say the least.

Edited by Vanamonde
[This is why we can't have nice things. -- Moderators.