Kerbal Space Program 1.3.1 is live!

UomoCapra

5 minutes ago, Rodhern said:

I think you got that one the wrong way round. Most mods have no interest in supporting KSP 1.3.0 when they can target KSP 1.3.1, unless something comes up with 1.3.1 that we just haven't noticed yet.

I could have. But I know I will continue to keep the mod I am correctly working on AND the InFlightFlagSwitcher mod updated. If I ever decide to quit doing them, I will let you folks know.

Just now, adsii1970 said:

I could have. But I know I will continue to keep the mod I am correctly working on AND the InFlightFlagSwitcher mod updated. If I ever decide to quit doing them, I will let you folks know.

Thanks.

Now you got me curious though - do you see a point in mod support for KSP 1.3.0 for mods that are already upgraded to work with KSP 1.3.1 ?

Just now, Rodhern said:

Thanks.

Now you got me curious though - do you see a point in mod support for KSP 1.3.0 for mods that are already upgraded to work with KSP 1.3.1 ?

Yes. There are some folks who are still using 1.2 and imagine there will be some folks who will stick with 1.3.0...

46 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Just asking for clarification... so what you are saying is that of say, KSP 1.4 comes out, you're not going to update beyond 1.3.1?

No,  I didn't say that.  I'm saying that once I start converting the mods to 1.3.1, I won't be going back to 1.3

Thanks for the hard work with the updates, but I'm having an issue with the improved surface collision.

My ship landed on Gilly explodes as soon as physics kicks in.

I've tried to restore a previous version to continue my saved game but I can only go back to 1.3.0 using Steam...

I'm the only one with this problem?

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

GOG is sad. I stopped buying from them years ago because they're always late on updates.

GOG ships only DRM free software, for that alone I support them. I'll take late updates over distributing malware anyday.

Yep 1.3.1 with the Mods I have fails to "launch" the game.

Time to unload the mods and add them in one by one to see which one is causing the problem.

Feels like we just did this a month ago - ish.   Good to see the game is being supported.  Glad I have my backup of 1.3.0.   Really wish the patch team would focus on the memory leak in the 64 bit version.  That would make the jumping through hoops more worth while.  Can play the game (1.3.0) for about 3 hours on a 4GB system before it just chokes on itself and I have to quit.

6 minutes ago, DaveLChgo said:

Really wish the patch team would focus on the memory leak in the 64 bit version.

Really wish the patch team would focus on [insert game engine fault here]. My top issue is the Dog awful garbage collection stutter. Even without leaks, the memory management in this game sucks.

Edited by steve_v

6 minutes ago, steve_v said:

Really wish the patch team would focus on [insert game engine fault here]. My top issue is the Dog awful garbage collection stutter. Even without leaks, the memory management in this game sucks.

That's exactly the memory issue I was referring to.  Just could not remember the terminology this fine evening.  But my tired brain kept seeing it as a leak.  Thanks for the refresher.

Edited by DaveLChgo

On 5.10.2017 at 6:23 PM, jerrylee22 said:

How do I not update right away and instead play on the highest version of 1.3 to keep my mods? (Steam version)

I suppose somebody may have answered already.

Basically, just rename your KSP folder (to avoid Steam patching it). 

And make a shortcut or launch directly via the ksp64bit exe file. 

If you want to launch from steam without it patching your game, you would have to go to steam menu and look for the "Add a non-steam game" and add KSP. I would not put my hand in fire for this method though. I'd say just launch KSP exe manually (And rename the folder as said above. Just to be safe :)).

On 10/6/2017 at 2:23 AM, jerrylee22 said:

How do I not update right away and instead play on the highest version of 1.3 to keep my mods? (Steam version)

Right Click KSP in steam, go to properties and then Betas. Select the beta.....previous_1.3.0 - 1.3.0 Kerbal Space Program

On 10/7/2017 at 11:29 PM, melomandasaqui said:

Thanks for the hard work with the updates, but I'm having an issue with the improved surface collision.

My ship landed on Gilly explodes as soon as physics kicks in.

I've tried to restore a previous version to continue my saved game but I can only go back to 1.3.0 using Steam...

I'm the only one with this problem?

Yeah, only have 1.0.5/1.1.3/ 1.2.2 and 1.3.0 too.

Even though I go back on 1.3.0, starting KSP with Ckan still stops and crashes after it has loaded..
I've tried to completely delete both KSP and Ckan, so I got a pure file for KSP and Ckan without any memory of old mods, and downloaded only new ''Compatible'' mods, but it still crashes. 

On 10/7/2017 at 6:27 AM, Wallygator said:

Since the forum rules strictly prohibits conspiracy and other types of threads --> Why is there STILL a loading tip that states "Staging Mun landing..."????   Can that particular tip be removed?  

The forum had a rule about conspiracy theories because it tended to result in nasty arguments. But Squad is not part of the forum, and they, presumably, can discuss these things without attacking each other, so the rule is not binding on them. :)

7 hours ago, DaveLChgo said:

Anyone else missing the parachute tab in the build window after the 1.3.1 update?

To get the parachutes now, I have to go to advanced then choose modules and one of the 2 dozen or so question mark tabs.

PITA.

Stock doesn't have a 'parachute' tab in the default/simple mode (in stock they are in the utility tab, and just checked - still there in 1.3.1), so you are likely using a mod that changes the tabs/filters. It so happens that 1.3.1 makes some changes that require such mods to be adapted/recompiled to work. This may explain.

Btw, in stock as well: under Advanced mode, filter by module, there is a separate entry called 'Parachute' with a distinctive icon. Just checked, and it is there and contains the stock chutes.  It is rather down the list (on a 1920x1200 screen it goes on beyond the bottom of the screen), so you may need to scroll it up - hover over the icons and use the mouse wheel.

Edited by swjr-swis
checked advanced mode as well

5 minutes ago, Delay said:

I actually like that the images are now changing on the loading screen.

But it could be more frequent, and the first time I loaded the game I already got the same image twice in a row.

You could try the Loading Screen Manager mod.  I hope to have it updated for 1.3.1 today

* Turn on Goliath and Wheesley Exhaust damage.

I fear this just destroyed one of my favorite Marine Engine designs...  ;.;

Come to think of it...  the Wheesley will probably destroy my 3-man submersible too.  This is disappointing, can it be something added to the tweakables for these engines maybe?  Else I may be stuck in 1.3 now.

Is there a way to toggle it?

HCS-16_Hurricane_2.png

Edited by XLjedi

7 minutes ago, Mrcarrot said:

Probably just config edits.

Folks that D/L my craft won't care for that...  may have to just scrap my Marine designs that used the stacked Goliaths. :(

...or hope they might add it as a tweakable.