[SOLVED] Modded Install

I have played this game since 2012 before there was docking ports. heck. before there were even landing gear.

I have never had an issue adding mods to my installs. However since reinstalling the game, I can not add more than 12 mods. No matter how large or small the 13th the game crashes after the loading screen completes.

Let me know what some thoughts are!

edit: it does this on 32bit and 64bit

here is the output:

edit 2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ookgf39q8tcyo6l/2017-10-06_134052.rar?dl=0

Edited by Jagrov
added link instead of code

Hi Jagrov. I'm one of the moderators here. :)

I'm afraid we had to remove the log file from your post, because those are so large that they cause page loading problems on our forum. Please upload the file to a sharing site and copy the link they provide into your post here. 

And good luck with your issue. 

On 10/6/2017 at 4:24 AM, Jagrov said:

Let me know what some thoughts are!

Hi a  quick look at your log shows you are running KSP 1.3.1 with mods that are not just incompatible with KSP 1.3.1 ,  but have compatibility checkers built in that will actively stop them running in KSP 1.3.1

It's a fairly safe bet  now( now the update fallout has started to rain  down)  that any mod that creates a custom category  or a gui button is going to need recompiling.   In order  to get your game running remove all those mods you have installed and ONLY install mods that state that they are 1.3.1 ready.  

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

18 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi a  quick look at your log shows you are running KSP 1.3.1 with mods that are not just incompatible with KSP 1.3.1 ,  but have compatibility checkers built in that will actively stop them running in KSP 1.3.1

It's a fairly safe bet  now( now the update fallout has started to rain  down)  that any mod that creates a custom category  or a gui button is going to need recompiling.   In order  to get your game running remove all those mods you have installed and ONLY install mods that state that they are 1.3.1 ready.  

I was under the impression the CKAN was to automatically check for compatibility  between the mods and current game versions 

On 10/8/2017 at 10:24 PM, Jagrov said:

I was under the impression the CKAN was to automatically check for compatibility  between the mods and current game versions 

In theory, yes. In practice, it screws up peoples installs pretty much every game update.

On 2017-10-08 at 11:24 AM, Jagrov said:

CKAN relies on the meta data provided about the mod(s).

Sometimes this means that incompatible mods are flagged as compatible :/
(and the reverse ...)

Edited by Curveball Anders

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.