Cratercracker mod idea repositry [Illustrations] [Ideas]

cratercracker

You can take on any of the ideas presented below.

As of i am too untalanted and dumb to complete any of them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pro tip: i dumb

----------------------

po4huEFKp

---------------------

poDGIt9Vp

------------------------

pogyzjPip

---------------------------

Yes, that is it, youR cringe-hatred feelings can stop if you leave this thread.

Don't like it?

-Sorry

There is a problem?

-Sorry

I want to take on one of them

-Sorry whait, what? really? HOLY CRAP!

-------------------------

bYE.

Edited by cratercracker

Quick reaction on the paint of heatshield of  the cockpits:
Those have to be a seperate part, why? Because you can just make 1 side of the part heat resistance. Thankfully, there's a mod called Cormorant Aeronology which add's that extra part, however, that part isn't set as a heatshield. In my RO path I'll include that in the next update.

(edit: I love your artwork :) )

Edited by DrLicor

5 minutes ago, DrLicor said:

Quick reaction on the paint of heatshield of  the cockpits:
Those have to be a seperate part, why? Because you can just make 1 side of the part heat resistance. Thankfully, there's a mod called Cormorant Aeronology which add's that extra part, however, that part isn't set as a heatshield. In my RO path I'll include that in the next update.

(edit: I love your artwork :) )

The heatshield itself doesn't need to be a seperate part, it is just the Mk3 cockpit, with an ablator built-in.

Or do you mena something different?

19 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

The heatshield itself doesn't need to be a seperate part, it is just the Mk3 cockpit, with an ablator built-in.

Or do you mena something different?

Yep, but that means that all the sides are heat resistant. not just it's belly. Unless that's on purpose, but I think it will unbalance some things. :) 

Lol, I'll explain a little further.The real shuttle, only has heattiles on it's belly, it also reenters on it's belly due it's aerodynamics. 
An extra factor is that heattiles weight quitte a lot compared to the rest of the cockpit. 
IMG_0668_2.jpgmain-qimg-d9becb757dd117e24ac9603525e3abda

By giving the cockpit.cfg the parameters of a heatshield module, you're saying that the whole cockpit is a heatshield, not just the tiles on his belly. You could even reenter the cockpit upside down, sideways etc, while the shuttle can only have a A0A with no extra roll or yaw. (just banking)

If you want the whole cockpit heat resistant, the whole cockpit should be covered in black tiles, not just his belly. (this should be when you add a heatshield module inside the .cfg of the cockpit)
When you want only it's belly protected, an extra party is essential like CA does.. :) 

Edited by DrLicor

I like the idea if Virgo. But im not sure how you would add an atmosphere to a planet and save it though. Im not a programmer, but i would love see easily ajustable and saveable atmospheres

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler
On 06.10.2017 at 11:02 AM, cratercracker said:

-----------------

poDGIt9Vp

------------------------

The model prototype looks not very complicated. Also, the texture looks simple.

Spoiler

301px-Silica_Space_Shuttle_thermal_prote

Spoiler

But can the fuselage support 20548 attach nodes at once?

The terraforming machine could be just modifying the Kopernicus script which redefines the atmosphere.
But it anyway would require KSP restarts to apply changes.

Spoiler

Iron and xenon are what the trees are usually made of.

Edited by kerbiloid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.