A huge thankyou.

sisyphean

So i just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone involved in the making of KSP and the fantastic community.

When i bought this game in dec 2014 i had no direction in life was, unable to hold down a job and was suffering with poor mental health, but after falling in love with the game, pouring hundreds and now thousands, of hours into it and then discovering realism overhaul, i found something im passionate about. ROCKETS!!!!

now 3 years on after a long and difficult journey and im a month into my first year of my aerospace engineering degree, in one of the elite Russel group universities.

now i know the hard bit has only just begun but i feel the need to thank you all. Without KSP and the fantastic community that surrounds it i wouldnt have discovered what my passion is or the motivation to do something with it.

anyway im not one for sentiment i just really needed to say thanks and let you know how important this game is to me, it inspired me and i hope it inspires others too.

THANKYOU

On 10/6/2017 at 10:50 PM, Geonovast said:

Awesome!  I can't say KSP has been life changing for me, other than now NewEgg is boosting my credit score..

Hopefully learning how real rockets work won't affect your love for the game!

As always, there's a relevant xkcd.

https://xkcd.com/1356/

orbital_mechanics.png

hahahaha thats perfect!

im still loving the game, when i have time to play it that is, am currently in the process of launching a manned return mission to titan in RP0 but its taking a while to build the infrastructure in orbit, so im not sure when it will be finished :D

i find i have a slight head start already thanks to playing kerbal. i was explaining the fundamentals of gravity assists to a guy from my course today... he laughed when i told him i learned about it from kerbal.

i truly think this game should be in every school, it makes learning hard science fun and i  think it could really inspire a lot kids to get involved with space.

anyway thanks again guys your all awesome.

On 10/8/2017 at 7:32 AM, sisyphean said:

-snip-

i find i have a slight head start already thanks to playing kerbal. i was explaining the fundamentals of gravity assists to a guy from my course today... he laughed when i told him i learned about it from kerbal.

i truly think this game should be in every school, it makes learning hard science fun and i  think it could really inspire a lot kids to get involved with space.

anyway thanks again guys your all awesome.

That guy shouldn't have laughed, that's exactly how I learned about gravity assists too! 

Good luck with your studies, and fair winds for all your hopes and dreams in your endeavors. :)

I don't remember when exactly did I hear about KSP for the first time, but I certainly didn't give it the chance to impress me. I've got to be honest, the little green guys put me off -and they were all that I saw at the time.

Anyway, fast forward around 1.0 release and I kept hearing about it more and more. Then a friend mentioned it -he didn't say much, only that it's a good game. So I decided for the heck of it, to take a look at videos and livestreams -see what's this all about anyway.

The little green guys I initially dismissed, were doing actual rocketry, EVAs, docking in space, interplanetary travel, resource mining and things I always wanted to have and do in a single package. Been playing eversince.

So yes, a huge thank you from me too -for the little green guys who opened my eyes, even though I can't play any other space game/sim anymore without thinking "this ain't right, they're doing it wrong" :P 

Edited by Atkara

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.