Warp Drive

Kerbinidiel

hi all,

i'm searching for a warp drive system...

i know the "FTL Drive"

but i want to know what other mods can make long distance in few time...

what warp drive mods exists?

i seen on youtube some videos of a warp drive with a bubble around the ship (i think is the Alcubierre warp drive) and some videos without the bubble but with a blue and pink vector when the warp drive is activated... what are the difference between theese mods?

thanks for the help

As you already noted, there's the Alcubierre Warp Drive mod:

There's also Space Opera (but note that it's still a WIP):

Space Opera requires Alcubierre Warp Drive in order to work, but you get the warp through somewhat different means. 

Those are the only two warp drive mods I'm aware of.

1 hour ago, MaxxQ said:

No clue...

Edit: Maybe KSP Interstellar?

ad how works? like Alcubierre?

EDIT: i found this

it would be the same as Interstellar mod... but not work, my game crash while loading

i think i can try the interstellar mod... but i not need a complicated mod with a lot o parts and changes only for have a warpdrive....

Edited by Kerbinidiel

10 hours ago, Kerbinidiel said:

ad how works? like Alcubierre?

EDIT: i found this

it would be the same as Interstellar mod... but not work, my game crash while loading

i think i can try the interstellar mod... but i not need a complicated mod with a lot o parts and changes only for have a warpdrive....

First off, the mod is for KSP v.1.2.2.  If you're trying to install on 1.3.0 or 1.3.1, it isn't going to work.  Secondly, reading through the thread, it seems the mod didn't even work for 1.2.2.

As for just a warp drive mod without extra parts or less complications, I don't think there is one.  Most of the warp drive mods are balanced to not make the game so easy - there's the cheat menu for that, or HyperEdit.

2 hours ago, MaxxQ said:

First off, the mod is for KSP v.1.2.2.  If you're trying to install on 1.3.0 or 1.3.1, it isn't going to work.  Secondly, reading through the thread, it seems the mod didn't even work for 1.2.2.

As for just a warp drive mod without extra parts or less complications, I don't think there is one.  Most of the warp drive mods are balanced to not make the game so easy - there's the cheat menu for that, or HyperEdit.

the cheat menu or HyperEdit only teleport the ship... FLT Drive mae the same thing, but with a gameplay feature

i prefer see my ship fly very fast like that "interstellar warp drive"

Just now, Kerbinidiel said:

the cheat menu or HyperEdit only teleport the ship... FLT Drive mae the same thing, but with a gameplay feature

i prefer see my ship fly very fast like that "interstellar warp drive"

Then as far as I know, you'll need to use one of the warp drive mods that have already been mentioned, and deal with the extra parts and complexity needed to use them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.