Unofficial Mod Updates for 1.3.1

Xyphos

2 hours ago, plubbsbuildsships said:

Hyperedit does not work for me, it spawns me on a different place when ever I try to land my ships.

If you can, fix it so that it doesn't spawn me in different areas.

that's an actual bug, it happens to me too. no idea what causes it, but at least it doesn't crash the game :D

Edited by Xyphos

5 minutes ago, Deddly said:

@Xyphos, since you are redistributing mods, please make sure the license is in the OP of this thread for each mod you intend to fork. Thanks :)

I'm not forking, these are downloaded source code fixes, reference updates and recompiled binaries.

the zip files I'm sharing are the creator's original zip files with the updated binaries added which means their original licences remain in-tact and included in their zip files.
I'll add their licenses to the OP like you asked tho.

Edited by Xyphos

7 minutes ago, Mrcarrot said:

K2 Command Pod Continued (crashes the game no matter what)

I'll see what I can do.

UPDATE: Confirmed working - something else is causing the crash.
GZw74pT.jpg

Edited by Xyphos

@Xyphos

This really isn't a good idea, and I am politely requesting that you do NOT POST LINKS to any unofficial updates for mods I maintain.

This will merely generate bug reports for mod authors, who won't have any idea where they are coming from.

I am in the process of updating my mods.  I have no problem with you doing updates for yourself, but I've already had to deal with bug report of one of my mods by someone who didn't update it properly and posted the link.

For now, this request is specifically referencing the Better Time Warp Continued.

Also, Hanger Extender Continued

Thank you

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This really isn't a good idea, and I am politely requesting that you do NOT POST LINKS to any unofficial updates for mods I maintain.

This will merely generate bug reports for mod authors, who won't have any idea where they are coming from.

From what I understand, Sections 4 and 5 of the GPL v3 licence permits me to copy, modify and redistribute modified copies of the software under the conditions of sections 5a- notice of modification, which has been included in the zip files. section 6 allows the binaries to be redistributed under the same terms as sections 4 and 5.

as the OP says, until the original authors and maintainers update their mods, I'll step in and do unofficial updates.
when you do officially update your mod(s), just contact me and I'll remove the link and replace it with a link to the official forum thread for that mod.
until then, this thread isn't a violation of any rules and I've done nothing wrong.

However, I understand and will respect your wishes on the bug reports and so to supplement Section 5a, I have modified the OP with a big red clause about not filing bug reports.

if you do not wish for people to do as I do, then you'll need to change your licence to something more restrictive, or add me as a maintainer on your works; you can find my github profile under the same name. I only wish to help the community, not harm it.

Happy Landings!

Edited by Xyphos

52 minutes ago, Xyphos said:

From what I understand, Sections 4 and 5 of the GPL v3 licence permits me to copy, modify and redistribute modified copies of the software under the conditions of sections 5a- notice of modification, which has been included in the zip files. section 6 allows the binaries to be redistributed under the same terms as sections 4 and 5.

as the OP says, until the original authors and maintainers update their mods, I'll step in and do unofficial updates.
when you do officially update your mod(s), just contact me and I'll remove the link and replace it with a link to the official forum thread for that mod.
until then, this thread isn't a violation of any rules and I've done nothing wrong.

However, I understand and will respect your wishes on the bug reports and so to supplement Section 5a, I have modified the OP with a big red clause about not filing bug reports.

if you do not wish for people to do as I do, then you'll need to change your licence to something more restrictive, or add me as a maintainer on your works; you can find my github profile under the same name. I only wish to help the community, not harm it.

Happy Landings!

This is pretty disrespectful. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should, especially when the mod dev is still active, and asks politely.

And you giving him an ultimatum of adding you as a maintainer is a slap in the face to LGG, who is one of the unsung hero’s of KSP modding. He doesn’t need your help, dude. He maintains A LOT of mods and the least you can do is be patient and respect his suggestion, or use them personally. I mean, you didn’t even ask for permission, not even out of courtesy.

I WILL NOT SUPPORT THESE UNOFFICIAL RECOMPILES, AND I WILL ASK OTHERS TO DO THE SAME. 

People can wait patiently. Modders do this on their own free time in between family, work and school. It’s the least we can do. 

The impatience and entitlement of some users never cease to amaze me.

Edited by Galileo

@Galileo I think you totally misunderstood. I'm not disrespecting anyone, and I understand that LGG is a maintainer for A LOT of mods, which is why I want to help him, he can't do everything all at once. I'm simply offering my help, and whether or not he needs or wants help, is not for you to decide. you're the disrespectful one here, having assumed that. besides, god forbid something should happen that would prevent LGG from maintaining all of those mods, what will you do then, hmm?

Edited by Xyphos

When the dev literally comes to your thread and asks you to remove the links to his mods, that should be it. You should not respond with “well, if you only did this, or that or MAKE ME A MAINTAINER” , basically trying to strong arm yourself into being a “modder”. You are being disrespectful and should be called out on it.

And kudos to @linuxgurugamer for being as cool as he was about it. I can’t say I would have done the same.

Edited by Galileo

7 minutes ago, Xyphos said:

@Galileo I think you totally misunderstood. I'm not disrespecting anyone, and I understand that LGG is a maintainer for A LOT of mods, which is why I want to help him, he can't do everything all at once. I'm simply offering my help, and whether or not he needs or wants help, is not for you to decide. you're the disrespectful one here, having assumed that. besides, god forbid something should happen that would prevent LGG from maintaining all of those mods, what will you do then, hmm?

You are disrespecting me, by ignoring my stated wishes.

I am updating them as fast as I can, but if I start getting bogged down with support requests for mod updates which I didn't do, then I'm not sure if I'll continue

6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I am updating them as fast as I can

which is why I want to share the workload and help you. the both of us can get more work done faster.

fine, I'll remove the links, but my offer still stands. if you ever grow past the 93+ current mods and need help, you'll know who to ask.

Edited by Xyphos