Should I start over?

phantom000

I have had KSP for about a year now and my 'current' game is just as old and so it doesn't seem to have stuff that comes with the new patches. With all the new updates i am wondering if i should just delete it and start over from the beginning.

What are you thoughts?

NO!!

I already deleted my 1st save and several others and wish I didn't.

These days I save such files in a separate folder.
This way I can always still replay it for nostalgic sakes when my beard turns grey and yellowish

Just as is with pictures. You store them to look back upon.

Delete it and a year from now your dreaming back to your pre 2018 savegame and that you never wanted it gone.

That is my thought...

Edited by Helmetman

Naaah. My experience so far contains three savegames: first, from I believe 0.23 to 0.90 (because aero in 1.0 broke everything), then second from 1.0 to 1.2, it was fun but I got bored from keeping it almost stock, so then I started my current save, still on 1.2.2 because mods. As soon as they're compatible with 1.3, I'm gonna switch there too, but not planning to leave the save anytime soon. 

Yay 500th post!

Edited by The Aziz

I'm starting over for 1.3.1 because my last epic game was in 1.2.2 and honestly the newest version runs great for me.  1.2.2 had a massive memory leak for me...could only play a couple hours before it became impossible to play.  Yeah when I got 1.3 I knew there was another patch around the corner so I just messed around with it and noticed how much better it runs on my rig.  I was going to wait for the DLC, but I think I'm just going to update all my fave mods for 1.3.1 and then joyfully begin another game.  Absolutely my favorite game ever...

Just start again, and again, and again if need be......ive been playing KSP for the past 3 or 4 years and restarting never feels old....in fact its normal to do so imo....new ideas, new mods, new challenges.....this game will keep on getting better and better without you even thinking about it :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.