L.C.A. project v1.2.1 - CLOSE

Alcentar

6 hours ago, Alcentar said:

And yet, @DECQ and @CobaltWolf work in different directions and each has its own unique style, I think their work motivates many, including me. :)

I'll do it soon, as soon as I finalize Energia. :wink:

And here is Energia.

With simple manipulations, he will be able to carry on  his ridge any your whim. :P

Hide contents

5rfouadvab.png

jpayhwnpb3.png

7wtloujapl.png

Landing legs. This works quite roughly, but the animation is activated with the "G" button. 

Hide contents

oaur98aibb.gif

ye5wzosvr6.png

Uhh so when is it comming out plus does it fit on the launch pad cuz DECQ,s didn’t: reason for launchpad!

11 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Actually there IS a Buran that is 1.3.1 compliant.   Cormorant Technologies has a Buran analog in it's catalog.  It is not 100% accurate but much of that appears to be due to scaling it to match with the Mk3 fuselage.

@Alcentar   Nice work on these parts.  They look AWESOME!  I will TRY to wait patently for you to finish Energa.  But since I am mid career and not downloading new mods yet, I have a question.   The the R-0120 Hydrolox main engines 1 part or are each of the 4 engines separate?  

Also if you are having issues with your landing gears have you looked into KSPWheel by Shadowmage?  Per several other mod authors I have seen they state using that mod fixes or at least makes it easier make functional landing gears in KSP.

Thanks, I'll try to finish Energia pretty soon, maybe this week,I think  should put "Cormorant Technologies" in the list of recommended add-ons.
The engines RD-0120 will be a separate part, I do not want to repeat the error  "AB Launcher" add-on.
By the way, the chassis is one of the reasons why the shuttles will stay in place even if I want to do them right now ...

11 hours ago, Abpilot said:

Uhh so when is it comming out plus does it fit on the launch pad cuz DECQ,s didn’t: reason for launchpad!

I have a launch pad, but it's very thematic and is only suitable for the real version of Energia rocket, energia and spaceshuttle have original starting tables, it's quite difficult to make them in FASA style.

12 hours ago, Alcentar said:

Thanks, I'll try to finish Energia pretty soon, maybe this week,I think  should put "Cormorant Technologies" in the list of recommended add-ons.
The engines RD-0120 will be a separate part, I do not want to repeat the error  "AB Launcher" add-on.
By the way, the chassis is one of the reasons why the shuttles will stay in place even if I want to do them right now ...

I have a launch pad, but it's very thematic and is only suitable for the real version of Energia rocket, energia and spaceshuttle have original starting tables, it's quite difficult to make them in FASA style.

Okdoky that’ll be all from me now...unless i have more questions just gonna sit back and wait for the buran...AAhh:wink:

3 hours ago, Alcentar said:

Added details for the creation of Energia-M, capable of outputting 25t approximately to orbit 180x180. This is the last addition at the moment, need to do some strokes in general and I will finally release it.

wfrsolvru4.png

BTW when is the next update to release these butiful things

13 hours ago, Abpilot said:

BTW when is the next update to release these butiful things

At the moment I do not know, it became quite difficult together with the system of saving the first blocks, it will be necessary to make a tutorial on the assembly, just need to correct the balance, above I wrote that the energia-M outputs 25t into the orbit 180x180, but I did not test it correctly, it starts such a cargo into orbit approximately 700x700, this is not correct...

11 hours ago, Alcentar said:

At the moment I do not know, it became quite difficult together with the system of saving the first blocks, it will be necessary to make a tutorial on the assembly, just need to correct the balance, above I wrote that the energia-M outputs 25t into the orbit 180x180, but I did not test it correctly, it starts such a cargo into orbit approximately 700x700, this is not correct...

Ok ok but say...camorant aronolagy...will the energia have any trouble lifting its buran?

17 hours ago, Abpilot said:

Ok ok but say...camorant aronolagy...will the energia have any trouble lifting its buran?

The engines will be tuned by you using the standard functions built into the KSP, so any cargo in the range of 64 tons is fairly easy to send into orbit.

Buran is just a useful load, and in my opinion, the impasse, to use such a missile for the sake of a stupid plane is nonsense. :sealed:

6 hours ago, Alcentar said:

The engines will be tuned by you using the standard functions built into the KSP, so any cargo in the range of 64 tons is fairly easy to send into orbit.

Buran is just a useful load, and in my opinion, the impasse, to use such a missile for the sake of a stupid plane is nonsense. :sealed:

Aircraft ain’t stupid...in fact I actually focus in ksp to reuse things, shuttle style

2 hours ago, Abpilot said:

Aircraft ain’t stupid...in fact I actually focus in ksp to reuse things, shuttle style

Reuse is not always an option. Especially in upcoming RO/RP-1. It is nice that this Energia is built also considering standalone usage. As long as it is able to lift actual Buran with 25-30t of his payload to LEO of cause.

10 hours ago, KvaNTy said:

Reuse is not always an option. Especially in upcoming RO/RP-1. It is nice that this Energia is built also considering standalone usage. As long as it is able to lift actual Buran with 25-30t of his payload to LEO of cause.

OHH ok...that’s good cuz Alcentar is not 100% sure on a detailed buran orbiter, so in the meantime ima gonna use camorant areonolagy.

On 23.10.2017 at 11:34 PM, Abpilot said:

This is your choice, I just expressed my opinion about the rocket, when I got acquainted with this system, it seemed to me that Buran was necessary, but after closer acquaintance I understood that Energy could serve more important purposes than simply transporting the shuttle. :P

2 hours ago, Abpilot said:

Do you know how to implement a model like the buran into ksp cuz if your not going to add a buran...THEN I WILL:P

Create your own model? All in your hands. :D

On 24.10.2017 at 2:09 AM, KvaNTy said:

I'll put in the package several options for using Energy to show that it's not just a shuttle carrier. :) 

8 hours ago, Alcentar said:

This is your choice, I just expressed my opinion about the rocket, when I got acquainted with this system, it seemed to me that Buran was necessary, but after closer acquaintance I understood that Energy could serve more important purposes than simply transporting the shuttle. :P

Create your own model? All in your hands. :D

I'll put in the package several options for using Energy to show that it's not just a shuttle carrier. :) 

No cuz I’m gonna use Sketchfab 

26 minutes ago, Alcentar said:

Is it super detailed? Most likely it's just taken from the site Buran.ru, I can say that this is the same model, just looking from the bottom to the location of Mesh ...

Oh...lol, any way wanna revive a bug i sent in that wasn’t addressed which was when the parachutes deploy on the energies booster the kraken pays me a visit

I made a ModuleManager patch that makes it a little bit easier to build Energia.

slIwAx.jpgjLQyYO.jpg

It adds attach nodes on the side of the E600 tank for the Blok A boosters, it copies the stock Hydraulic Detachment Manifold part to create an "Energia Booster Decoupler", and it adds a side node to the Zenit Block A fuel tank to attach to the decoupler.  The boosters are correctly placed and rotated at +13.5 degrees and -30.0 degrees when using these nodes.

It does not work with symmetry because of a KSP bug, so you have to manually attach each part.  And, because it does not work with symmetry, you have to adjust fuel and engine settings on each booster.

What I find works easiest is:

1) Surface attach the booster fuel tank, add the nose cone, engine, and other parts.  Adjust fuel, engine thrust, gimbal, and autostrut settings.

2) Attach one Energia Booster Decoupler to a node.  Remove the surface-attach fuel tank from step 1.  Node attach it to the decoupler.

3) Alt-select the decoupler so you clone the decoupler + Block A.  Attach to the next side node.  Repeat for the other side of the craft.

ModuleManager config (place somewhere in GameData) on DropBox.  Config is public domain, so anyone may do anything with it.

No guarantees / no warranty.  It worked for me,. :) but I also have modified my installation a lot.