Chinese Space Program (CNSA) & Ch. commercial launch and discussion

tater

2 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

It's getting close to noon at that location, if I'm understanding things correctly, and that's the point at which it's hardest to reject heat from the rover's systems.

Understand, and yes it should affect the heating on the ground. 

New photos!

360° Photo captured by Chang'e-4 landscape camera. 

Jq8kx87.jpg

Azimuthal Projection

1hcreN4.jpg

Cylinder Projection

Now the white balance is correct.:D

You can see three 5m antennas, solar panel,and Yutu-2.

BTW, Yuty-2 was awake at 20:00 Jan 10 UTC.

Besides, CNSA has provided precise landing location to LRO team. We may see the image from LRO satellite soon.

dTFN41A.jpg

Finally, here is a photo captured by camera developed by Saudi Arabia on the micro satellite Longjiang-2 which released at the same time.

akuvBdA.jpg

CCTV recently interviewed the main designer of China Lunar Exploration Project--Wu Weiren.

About the relay satellite "Queqiao", he said:

"American asked us: "If you want to launch a relay satellite, can you make it work longer? Besides, if Chang'e-4 land on the far side of the moon, can you placed a beacon on it?" I said ok we will, but why? Originally we have 3-year lifetime, and they want 5-year. (10 year estimated now). He answered: "We are going to the far side of the moon and we can use the relay satellite if it has longer lifetime. And we will know the landing position by the beacon."

(Sorry for my poor translation)

BTW, CNSA released some future mission of Chang'e series:

In the end of this year , Chang'e-5 will take the lunar surface sample and return.

Chang'e-6 planned to take the sample of the south pole of the moon and return.

Chang'e-7 planned to explore the terrain, material, environment of the south pole of the moon.

Chang'e-8 planned to further the exploration and test some key technology such as building lunar base with 3D Printing.

Source:https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/pBr2GL3x3st-010tVaBmew

Edited by 050644zf

On 1/11/2019 at 3:04 PM, 050644zf said:

Streaming Link: (Chinese)

http://live.weibo.com/show?id=1042152:0264ac5f9c53dd866581d49f9d1183c8

Yay !

Maybe they will stream more things once again...

And good ones on the moon I suppose !

1 hour ago, StrandedonEarth said:

*sigh* On this morning's news they referred to these probes as being on the "dark side" of the moon. I just sent them a message telling them that they are currently in sunshine on the Far Side of the moon, and to get their terminology right.

I gave up on this a while back.

"Dark" can, after all, be a metaphor...like the Dark Ages. If it's unseen, it's "dark" to us even if the sun might be lighting it quite nicely.

8 hours ago, NSEP said:

Are the seeds growing under direct sunlight?

2 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

*sigh* On this morning's news they referred to these probes as being on the "dark side" of the moon. I just sent them a message telling them that they are currently in sunshine on the Far Side of the moon, and to get their terminology right.

I still have to periodically tell people exactly that.

Anyways, to get back on topic, I think it's a combination of both- sunlight during the day, and LEDs during the munar lunar night. I think it's going to be somewhat similar to the way lunar base crew would farm plants- sunlight during the day to conserve electricity, and LEDs during the night to keep them from dying.

15 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Someone watched too much Transformers.