Chinese Space Program (CNSA) & Ch. commercial launch and discussion

tater

A vedio about Shenzhou-14 crew's training, including the EVA training  by VR and in the pool, docking training, training in the Tianhe's training module, and wilderness and sea survival training: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1dr4y1G7ge?spm_id_from=333.337.search-card.all.click&vd_source=6fef304b8d0c4737896e6b702ddfbfb3

Edited by steve9728

image.png

An official promotion board appeared in the CCTV news and the words in the red box are: The space station project will be finished at around 2022. An optical module (Xuntian telescope) and an extended core module will be launched during the operation phase. Two manned spacecraft will be launched every year and one cargo spacecraft every eight months, enabling astronauts to reside on the space station and carry out maintenance and repair and scientific experiments on the space station. (via Weibo)

image.png

A group photo of the space station development team shot before the Tianhe was launched. Quite curious to see what improvements they will make based on the experience of using it in these missions.

How to maximum use sunlight?

fa5fa3599a012d0a74b6a119d115149.jpg

This is because the entire station's power grid is integrated, meaning that while the station itself can supply power to the manned and cargo spacecraft, the manned and cargo spacecraft can also transmit power to the station in the opposite direction.

Edited by steve9728

18 hours ago, steve9728 said:

image.png

A group photo of the space station development team shot before the Tianhe was launched. Quite curious to see what improvements they will make based on the experience of using it in these missions.

Is that a backup Tianhe I see?

Or are these mock-ups?

18 hours ago, steve9728 said:

An optical module (Xuntian telescope) and an extended core module will be launched during the operation phase.

Nice! Kind of reminds me of how DOS-8 was a Mir Core Module backup, but was later modified and became the Zvezda module of the ISS.

Assuming this is a modification of the rumored backup Tianhe.

1 hour ago, SunlitZelkova said:

Is that a backup Tianhe I see?

Or are these mock-ups?

I think it's more likely to be the one that can really 'do something'. The another one don't need it to do something, the 'initial prototype on the ground', was already in the museum (via Weibo):

image.png

001xu-BZ0ly1gum3zgm4fej62tc240kjm02.jpg

001xu-BZ0ly1gum3ze7pq6j62tc240e8202.jpg

001xu-BZ0ly1gum3zl6024j62402tc7wj02.jpg

001xu-BZ0ly1gum3zpmpmpj62tc240x6q02.jpg

On 6/10/2022 at 6:18 PM, steve9728 said:

An optical module (Xuntian telescope) and an extended core module will be launched during the operation phase.

So there will be ANOTHER module, guessing it will be based of of the unused module built.

It would be a waste to make a backup and not ever use it for an expanding program like the CNSA.

Edited by Minmus Taster

2 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

It would be a waste to make a backup and not ever use it for an expanding program like the CNSA.

It fits one of the top three excuses for Chinese forgiveness:ph34r:

Spoiler
  • Since we're already here
  • The kid's still young
  • That guy was already dead

Edited by steve9728

When I was watching the Shenzhou-14's launch live, when the spacecraft was seprate with the rocket, the lvie feed lags for 2-3 seconds. And when it came back to normal, I felt as if it was a little sharper than it was before the lag (although it still looks like the resolution of a phone camera from almost a decade ago - quite blurry). And now there's an official report confirming that it wasn't my eyes that were deceiving me: a group at the University of Science and Technology of China has improved the picture quality with a streaming image quality enhancement system (original source).

Spoiler

Before:

image.png

After:

image.png

Simply put, probably was like: a certain leader: no change in bandwidth, give me an upgrade from 288p to 1080p resolution
The subject team: F@%^&#$!
Then they rebuilt the image with a new compression algorithm + AI super-resolution processing and seems like it really worked.

Spoiler

"Unlike the space station in orbit, the communication link resources between the return module and the ground are extremely limited, and the traditional video communication technology seriously affects the resolution and picture quality of the return module images. In Shenzhou 13 and previous spacecraft, the effective resolution of the return capsule image was only 352 x 288, which is difficult to adapt to the current requirements of high-resolution, large-screen display images.", said the news, "After receiving the demand in November 2021, Wu Feng's group organised scientific research and development. Based on the non-uniform rate-distortion theory, they proposed a deep-learning compressed video super-resolution enhancement technique that improves the resolution of images by more than 16 times to 1920 x 1080 and increases the peak signal-to-noise ratio of images by more than 4 decibels. The group further developed an image enhancement system that supports real-time streaming media processing, with a system processing speed of 25 frames per second and an end-to-end processing time delay of less than 1 second. The system is used to enhance the image clarity and picture quality in video communication between the return module and the ground. After the application of the system, the subjective perception of the video picture quality has been significantly improved, which is more obvious in large-screen displays above 4K."

But atually if the resolution can be like this in the future for the 'Next-generation crewed spacecraft' launch live:

image.png

I don't know how happy I will be:lol:

Edited by steve9728

One more bad news: the i-Space, which have three consecutive failed rocket launches (Hyperbola Rocket), now the company advertised "We undertake external rentals of plant and testing and production of valves, pumps and seal assemblies."

I can't say they're 'done', but I think the current moment for them must be very hard

Edited by steve9728

If it is Kuaizhou rocket, the closest recorded failure to a date were 27 September 2021, the Kuaizhou-1A Y13 launched Jilin-1 (Inner Mongolia-1) Satellite, and 15 December 2021, the Kuaizhou-1A Y16 rocket launched GeeSAT Dual Satellites. I think it more likely was an accident on the test-run. After all, even the CZ-5 rocket's engines also exploded at least once before.

Edited by steve9728

New scientific research results from Chang'e 5: Through the international first joint experimental analysis results of lunar samples and spectral data from lunar surface in-situ probing, the presence, form and amount of water in lunar samples were examined, answering the question of the distribution characteristics and sources of water in the Chang'e 5 landing zone, and providing ground truth values for the interpretation and estimation of water signals in remote sensing probing data.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-022-30807-5

Something 'interesting' is likely to occur in a few hours later. Considering that it will be 19:30 at this point, the inhabitants along the route should see an aesthetically quite interesting sight in the sky if something really wild has been done. Although none of the places framed by this yellow box will have any major cities, basically places where you can look up at night and see the Milky Way.

I guess it could be a mid-range ABM test.

Edited by steve9728

Yep it was a mid-range ABM test

"According to the Ministry of National Defense: On the evening of June 19, China conducted a test of land-based mid-range anti-missile interception technology in its territory, and the test achieved its intended purpose. This test was defensive in nature and was not targeted at any country. "

And there really have some interesting sight in the sky:

61ab5cebly1h3dzxr0t3lj218y0u0jv3.jpg

61ab5cebly1h3dzxrasr7j20u0140jsf.jpg

7223594bly1h3dymeivc9j20u00u0761.jpg

005-Wf-Tcily1h3dzjewhauj32402tc7wi.jpg

Via: https://weibo.com/1914919243/LyuJC4GM6https://weibo.com/1142487595/Lyuznlyii

Edited by steve9728

18 minutes ago, Beccab said:

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but CNSA's current plans would make China the first nation to obtain a martian sample if they don't slip

Interesting. It was known that the schedules basically lined up. I believed and had mentioned last year that China could theoretically end up bringing back the first Mars samples some weeks or months prior to NASA’s depending on how the schedule works out.

So NASA’s schedule slipped then I guess? 2031 is the same date for China’s MSR as it was when I mentioned it last year.

Regarding the slippage, it will be interesting to see. Chang’e 5 was on time but I think Tianwen-1 was originally supposed to launch in 2018 but slipped to 2020. They won’t be doing it for the first time next time though.

Also, China has so far notoriously been careful not to engage in direct space competition, at least not in petty firsts. A late Chinese MSR that works would be preferable over a rushed 2031 one.

Finally, this is interesting as it indicates they have completely dropped the use of the Long March 9 for MSR. This could be interpreted in a number of ways-

1. Problems may be encountered with the LM-9’s development and they aren’t confident it would be ready in time for the launch window

2. They have decided to prioritize a timely MSR mission and are dropping the iffy LM-9 in favor of the dependable LM-5B and LM-3B in order to maintain the schedule

3. OR, this is unlikely but an intriguing possibility, they want to use a multiple-launch mission profile in order to gain experience in planetary spacecraft operations, in order to prepare for a crewed Mars landing at some point in the future. A single launch spacecraft would not be useful for this. A similar decision was made with Chang’e 5’s overly complex rendezvous and docking mission profile

4. The boring option- they are experienced with Tianwen-1 sized probes and want to stick to that and the existing medium lift LM series instead of the unknown LM-9 and single stack Mars spacecraft

10 minutes ago, SunlitZelkova said:

So NASA’s schedule slipped then I guess?

Yup

And the worst part is, this delay is mainly due to the way the mars transfer window works - if the landers could do their thing a few months faster, or launch a few months earlier, or take a few months less to get to mars, they would be able to return the sample to earth more than two years earlier than currently planned

Looks like CNSA try to copy the way of Chang'e-4 and Chang'e 5 missions to Mars project.

But however, as a robot avid fan and a guy grow up with dogs, I really like this one below:

Considering the number of videos and images already available, the PLA has already applied robotic dogs in training for urban street fighting. It's only 2022, and who knows how far the technology will have matured by 2031.

Spoiler

60212342ly1h36r3cmzvsj20zk0k0ac9.jpg

Spoiler

Add: and also used as a firefighter's reconnaissance robot dog:

image.png

image.png

Edited by steve9728

1 hour ago, DDE said:

Only now when the gun was putting on the table those guys finally start talking about "politeness".

The article made me want to laugh, and a certain comment at the bottom made me even happier

5da82d665edb1.jpg

8 hours ago, steve9728 said:

Only now when the gun was putting on the table those guys finally start talking about "politeness".

The article made me want to laugh, and a certain comment at the bottom made me even happier

5da82d665edb1.jpg

It’s funny how often that scene from Space Force gets used by the real Space Force in different hearings and PR.

“Shijian-17 and Shijian-21, which are satellites with robotic arm technology, could be used in a future system for grappling and disabling other satellites,” U.S. Army Gen. James Dickinson, Commander of the U.S. Space Command, told the Senate Armed Services Committee in March.

I would link the scene but it contains profanity and thus isn’t allowed.

(I’m on mobile so it won’t let me add a quote)

Kuaizhou-1A rocket successfully resumes: the last launch was the failed one last December.

Kuaizhou-1A Y15 successfully launch the Tianxing(天行, Sky Walk)-1 Testing Satellite at 10:08 BST. The satellite is mainly used to carry out experiments such as space environment exploration (Via: PLA Daily's Weibo).

9da82ba5gy1h3gu2amz6sj21bt0u0jyw.jpg

(This launch could be an order from the PLA)

Edited by steve9728

Another 8K video shot by Shenzhou-13 crew finished edited: The window outside is the blue star

00:21: There's nothing easy in  the space. But we can enjoy the stunning view of the gift from the universe through the window.

1:14: Human civilisation shines with a golden sheen.

I think if this video authorized to use this for bgm will be much more better:lol:

Using 2k screen to watch something 8k. That's my problem: I can't afford it after all

Edited by steve9728

CZ-2D Y64 rocket successfully launched the Yaogan(Remote Sensor)-35 02 group A,B, and C satellites into LEO SSO. The three satellites are mainly used for scientific experiments and census of land and resources.

image.png

image.png

image.png

And the photogragher probably took the photo too hurry, taken this while the satellite was obscuring the banner behind it. And published!:D

d93b4b1ea7f0bc16880dab607e582ba.jpg

Before, all the banner should be "Seriousness, Meticulous, Secure and Reliable, Absolutely Safe, Perfectly Success (严肃认真,一丝不苟,稳妥可靠,万无一,圆满成功)"

After, in this picture covered one characters: Never Perfectly Success:mad:

Edited by steve9728

4 hours ago, steve9728 said:

Before, all the banner should be "Seriousness, Meticulous, Secure and Reliable, Absolutely Safe, Perfectly Success (严肃认真,一丝不苟,稳妥可靠,万无一,圆满成功)"

Heh, that's one of the cultural things that are different to understand on the other side of the world: the fixation with what we perceive as overly long and detailed slogans. A Western company might put "Seriousness, reliability, safety" as core values somewhere in a document of project values, but rarely more than three individual points, and it'd be seen as overly cheesy to put it on a banner.  Writing your goals and aspirations in huge letters on the side of a wall would be quite unthinkable. 

At least it's even worse in North Korea. "We must work with supreme diligence to execute the plan of the 49th workers' party congress and produce more potatoes to feed the motherland!" or stuff like that seems to decorate every wall over there. If you can say it in a single breath, it's not a proper North Korean slogan.