Chinese Space Program (CNSA) & Ch. commercial launch and discussion

tater

43 minutes ago, steve9728 said:

To be honest, I can't think of any application scenarios for this thing:

Nice, looks like a technology demonstrator for a future maglev rail line (on Earth), and maybe some day this could even evolve towards lunar high speed long distance transport.

45 minutes ago, steve9728 said:

Have you guys considered putting this thing up on a hillside and warp it up?

I feel like it would snap in half during the warp lol.

The upcoming Mengtian module has a airlock for the payload and equipment access. Normally, this airlock chamber appears to be non-pressurized. How those payloads in future get into the airlock? I found an article (but is fully Chinese) and the answer is:

qkimagesyuceyuce202203yuce20220301-5-l.j

Words for top to button are: 

• The payload transfer mechanism pushes into the working chamber
  • The payload transfer mechanism pushes it out of the airlock
  • Diagram of the cargo exiting the Experiment Module II cargo airlock

The cargo airlock hatch can allow the payloads to be at least 1.2m wide.

Chang Guang Satellite Technology Co.: Tests are being carried out on the 19 new Jilin-1 satellites due to be launched at the end of the year. The highest number of launches on record was 16 satellites on one launch mission carried out by CZ-6 rocket on 10 August.

image.png

The company's deputy managing director is pictured with the satellite.

Patent for a new lunar soil sample sampler/encapsulator: "Scientists believe that there may be some special material in the surface lunar soil at the Moon's south pole where it interacts with the solar wind over time, and to test this idea, multi-point gram-scale sampling of the surface lunar soil at a fixed depth and independent encapsulation of the Moon's south pole is required. However, the sampler of Chang'e-5 cannot achieve functions such as independent encapsulation, so a new type of arm-loaded surface lunar soil sampling encapsulator at constant depth needs to be designed on the basis of the Chang'e-5 end sampler"

Spoiler

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

The Chang'e-5 's sampler was designed by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. And this new sampler is from Harbin Institute of Technology.

More photos from the CSS:

image.png

The lakes of the Tibetan Plateau. Photo taken by Liu Yang. These lakes are close to being pollution-free, as they are sacred in Tibetan culture: they don't even eat fish. And as these lakes are within the uninhabited area of Cocosili, it is somehow safer to see them from space than to visit them like a car expedition: after all, the average altitude here is over 4,000 to 5,000m and ordinary car engines don't always have enough horsepower in such places.
image.png

The coast of Santa Catarina in Brazil.  Photo also taken by Liu Yang
image.png

The mouth of the Yellow River and the Shandong province in which it is located. This photo taken by Chen Dong. In the bottom right corner is the city of Weifang, the same place where all sorts of strange kites are flying in the sky on a YouTube video.
image.png

Pearl River Delta in Guangdong province, my home. This photo taken by Chen Dong either. Although I still couldn't see it now because of the cloud. The weird purple light spots are caused by the laser focus of the Huawei phone.
image.png

Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei province, photo by Cai Xuzhe. The city near the sea is Tianjin, to the left of Tianjin is Beijing and the rest is Hebei province
image.png

Lake Tai and Yangtze River, also photo by Cai Xuzhe. There is a theory that Lake Tai was formed because of a meteorite. Given that it's only three meters deep, I agree with this idea.

(Further reading about this meteorite: Iron-Rich Spherules of Taihu Lake: Origin Hypothesis of TaihuLake Basin in China)

Edited by steve9728

I found the Cupola-like module's patent which probably will be mounted on the CSS. It has been designed to be a foldable and inflatable module, kind like BEAM + Cupola:

image.png
image.png
image.png

"...The porthole provides a large viewing window and serves to improve the living environment of the astronauts and to relieve the psychological stress of the confined space environment; the protective cover on the outside of the porthole can be opened and closed automatically, and when the porthole is not in use, its protective device is closed, insulating most of the space radiation, micrometeorites or debris." ... "A flexible foldable large porthole spacecraft configuration as claimed in claim 1, characterized in that said hatch is mounted inside the docking mechanism, which is normally closed and can be opened outwards manually by the astronaut when required, forming a passage of 850mm diameter; the door frame is fitted with a pressure relief and re-pressure assembly and the door is fitted with a counterbalance valve."

However, the most exciting part I think is, when I looked at what else the applicant of this patent, the Shanghai Institute of Aerospace Systems Engineering, had applied for, I found something called a "manned lunar rover". Then when I used "manned lunar rover" as keyword to search, here's what I found:

A manned lunar rover frame folding mechanism (CN106114631A):

Spoiler

image.png
image.png

A multi-purpose manned lunar rover (CN104108475A):

Spoiler

image.png
image.png

Semi-enclosed split manned lunar rover (CN204452956U):

Spoiler

image.png
image.png
image.png

A manned lunar rover (CN111547272A):

Spoiler

image.png
image.png
image.png

Any car that can break, will break. So, we need a 'Plan B'. And here's the best one I give it that: "High fold-to-spread ratio emergency return device for manned lunar rover applications" (CN113562196A):

Spoiler

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

Edited by steve9728

LandSpace: Zhuque-2 Y1 rocket will be launched at JSLC(Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center)'s Launch Site 96 on 3 December.

Spoiler

image.png

Translate:

LandSpace Technology Co.

Notification letter on the update of the launch plan of the Zhuque-2 Y1 launch vehicle

To all satellite users:

According to the latest space launch mission schedule of the Space Systems Department of the PLASSF for the second half of 2022, the Zhuquan-2first flight (Y1) launch vehicle will carry out a launch mission on December 3, 2022, at JSLC's Launch Site 96.

Giving the Zhuque-2 Y1 rocket completed the rehearsal and in-situ standby launch on 12 September 2022 and is scheduled to enter the official mission process in mid-to-late October 2022. All satellite user units are requested to carry out all preparatory work in accordance with the satellite launch readiness on 20 Oct. 2022, and standby for notification of entry (specific entry time will be notified in subsequent coordination).

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to your company due to the postponement of the launch mission! At the same time, LandSpace will do the best in all the work before the launch, carefully preparing, organizing and implementing, and effectively in guaranteeing the launch services.

We hereby write to you and wish you all the best!

LandSpace Technology Co.

16 Sep. 2022

The first batch of Zhuque-2 rocket was produced in two: The first one, Y1 was already standby at Jiuquan. And the second one, Y2's assembly work is being carried out in their assembly plant at the Jiaxing LandSpace Centre. On 16 Oct., they successfully test run the TQ15A engine for the second stage of Zhuque-2 rocket in second batch.

Edited by steve9728

The launch tower's swinging platform of 101 launch pad in WSLC (Wenchang Satellite Launch Center) is opening. The CZ-5B rocket with the Mengtian module on board should be transferred from the VAB soon. But however, according to the weather forecast, it doesn't seem good in these three days.

image.png

via. https://weibo.com/7594961311/MbOrzDBxc

Edited by steve9728

Weird... a large, four engines, multipurpose, medium-altitude, long-endurance fixed-wing UAV, Two-tailed Scorpion D from Tengden company. Was successfully finished its maiden flight.

Spoiler

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

"The aircraft has wingspan 20m, length10.5m, height 3.1m, maximum take-off weight 4.35t, maximum load weight 1.5t and a maximum loading space 5m3". They also said that this new UAV will be exhibiting at the Zhuhai Airshow.

Stunning

Some more information about the future of CZ-5B rocket: according to the news report about interviewed the CZ-5B rocket's deputy chief designer. He said that in the future the CZ-5B will not only keeping carried out the launch mission of CSS's future modules such as Xuntian telescope, but also will combined with YZ-2 upper stage for future launch missions of additional satellite constellations.

Ah, combined with upper stage, hope we can no longer need to 'place our bets' every its launch in the future:confused:

Spoiler

The original resource, for anyone who want to challenge his Chinese skills: no English subtitles or even Chinese: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Qe4y1e78C/?spm_id_from=333.337.search-card.all.click&vd_source=6fef304b8d0c4737896e6b702ddfbfb3

Spoiler

I would place mine at K3 & L3:ph34r:

Edited by steve9728

After further study of the lunar samples brought back from Chang'e 5, scientists have a preliminary understanding of why the Moon was still volcanically active two billion years ago: Fusible mantle cumulates trigger young mare volcanism on the cooling Moon

If I understand correctly, it is the product of magma that has crystallized with a low melting point. And this product also continued to seep into the deep lunar mantle, causing the mantle to have a lower melting point, which then caused the Moon to actually cool later than we would expect before.

Caught the stream two minutes before launch!

Crazy to think that not counting Xuntian (a free flying element) the baseline configuration of Tiangong is basically complete now.

From here on out it is more akin to how the ISS continues to evolve (2011-present with Nauka and what have you), whereas up until now (or a matter of hours from now until docking) was 1998-2011 (first element launch to “completion”).

———

Here is a thread for discussing the core stage and sharing updates on its orbit. Please take discussion about the core stage here so as to avoid cluttering the CNSA thread.

8077515faa0e4241de97b39b3a483f9.jpg

Success!

Currently Mengtian is deploying the solar panels and signal relay antenna

Add: the Mengtian's transposition manoeuvre will be carried out immediately after the docking and the entire station shifted to the gravity gradient stabilised attitude, which means perpendicular to the earth.

Edited by steve9728

What Mengtian inside looks like now?

image.png

At the bottom right of the flag is an artistic design of the Chinese character '梦‘(dream)

And a photo of the interior of the airlock chamber before the cargo airlock was sealed:
image.png

Via. https://weibo.com/5616492130/McRY7Evrl?refer_flag=1001030103_

Edited by steve9728

15 minutes ago, steve9728 said:

At the bottom right of the flag is an artistic design of the Chinese character '梦‘(dream)

It just occurred to me there has never been a calligraphy contest for an Asian language in space. There was never more than one Japanese astronaut in space so it wasn’t possible before, but with a trio of taikonauts on orbit permanently soon, I wonder if we will see one.

Just now, SunlitZelkova said:

Japanese astronaut in space so it wasn’t possible before

At least Japanese handwriting must be better than me if there's a competition, especially by ink brush:D 

And giving that during the Spring Festival, the Shenzhou-13 crew wrote several Spring Festival couplets by ink brush. So, if there can have Japanese astronaut come to CSS in the future and fortunately enough to catch it, there definitely will do such things such as write a '' on red square papers. 

Spoiler

Actually, I'm looking forward to the crew flying pizzas in CSS. And there's already 'ISSpresso' in the ISS, what do we call if CNSA can really do something similar with Italian?

8 hours ago, steve9728 said:

Actually, I'm looking forward to the crew flying pizzas in CSS. And there's already 'ISSpresso' in the ISS, what do we call if CNSA can really do something similar with Italian?

With zero knowledge of Chinese word play I have come up with turning “Tiangong” (天宮) into “Miangong” (面宮) and sending world class noodle dishes there (maybe with space grown vegetables added in).

The pronunciation isn’t exact though, as you are certainly aware. Tian is Tiān and Mian is Miàn.

I also need to gain more knowledge of Chinese dishes. Preferably direct first hand knowledge *licks lips*

Hello there

image.png

The bottom left words is Tianhe looking to Mengtian

image.png

I believe these pictures were taken from the big screen in Beijing Flight Control Hall

And Mengtian's solar panels are fully deployed

image.png

Photo by panoramic camera on Mengtian

image.png

Photo by panoramic camera on Wentian

Via. https://weibo.com/1971177973/McXB2nunT/https://weibo.com/1971177973/McXrQCDNN

Edited by steve9728