Chinese Space Program (CNSA) & Ch. commercial launch and discussion

tater

A video about Shenzhou-15 from arrival to the assembly plant to launch to the station:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1484y1k7ro/?spm_id_from=333.337.search-card.all.click&vd_source=6fef304b8d0c4737896e6b702ddfbfb3

The three modules of Shenzhou were transported by Y-20. Seems like the number of Y-20 in PLAAF are already quite sufficient.

And another video about the CERES-1 Y4 'YOUNG FOR YOU' from manufacture to launch into orbit

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1NW4y1g7Fy/?spm_id_from=333.851.b_7265636f6d6d656e64.1&vd_source=6fef304b8d0c4737896e6b702ddfbfb3

CASIC didn't paint the truck green this time. Although I really thought that if paint it white or something will looks more 'peacefully' before, but... I don't think so now.

Edited by steve9728

oops, missed one

The mission patch this time

image.png

My friend shared me a Landspace's official online store. They're selling something like mission patches, shopping bags and phone cases etc. Unfortunately, their cases don't seem to be adapted to the size of the iPhone mini which means I can't give them some little support :(

Looks like the exposure experimental platforms of Mengtian Module has fully deployed. We can see both airlocks for astronauts and experimental payloads because they are in the I Quadrant of both Wentian and Mengtian Modules that always remain towards to the Earth. Quite curious did Tianzhou-5 has brought some experimental payloads that need to mount outside or not.

p.s.: CSS didn't use 'starboard side' and 'port side' to define the left or right. And different with ISS, CSS distinguishes between 'floor' and 'ceiling' in the cabin.

• I Quadrant: the floor, which always towards to the Earth
  • II Quadrant: port side
  • III Quadrant: towards the 'sky', which in space is the opposite direction to the earth
  • IV Quadrant: starboard side
Spoiler

image.png

image.png

image.png

12th Dec., 16:22 CST, the Shiyan-20 A/B satellites were successfully launched at JSLC by CZ-4C Y57 rocket.

image.png

CASC said that this launch also is the last launch this year in JSLC.

add: the mission patch this time:

image.png

Anyway, it's always good to working together. And Chinese halal food are quite tasty by the way: it's a bit like beer for me, I can skip it, but always want to do it once after a long time. So, if in the future there's really have someone from middle east can go to the station, I don't think there's any food problem:lol:

Edited by steve9728

https://spacenews.com/china-seeks-new-partners-for-lunar-and-deep-space-exploration/

Russia may be out from ILRS. Also, I don't know why, but it took me this long to realize that ILRS is basically Chinese Artemis. It will be interesting to see if anyone else joins on.

https://spacenews.com/china-outlines-pathway-for-lunar-and-deep-space-exploration/

Some interesting statements came out of the United Nations/China Global Partnership Workshop on Space Exploration and Innovation held on Hainan at the end of last month.

According to the official, China is aiming for a crewed lunar landing prior to 2030. The LM-5DY is not scheduled to have its first flight until 2026 at the earliest, so combined with the Ars Technica estimate for Artemis III, we could theoretically see both Chinese and American crewed lunar landings in 2028.

The official also said he thinks that 15 years from now, China should start preparing to send taikonauts to Mars. This is only the third official reference to planning for a crewed Mars mission to come out of China, based on my own tracking.

It's all quite exciting, but the Moon landing goal comes from Long Lehao (I'll take @steve9728's advice in not taking what he says too seriously), while the crewed Mars landing is certainly aspirational. These statements might amount to nothing more than Elon Time with Chinese characteristics, but they are fun to hear considering how quiet it can be at times.

4 hours ago, SunlitZelkova said:

Russia may be out from ILRS. Also, I don't know why, but it took me this long to realize that ILRS is basically Chinese Artemis. It will be interesting to see if anyone else joins on.

My understanding of the messages given by the Chinese domestic universities and the relevant experts is that "the 'dish' of cooperation from our Russian friends is indeed delicious, but we will not totally rely on it. We will try ourselves as we can". While it is true that there have been unpleasant incidents, large or small, in Sino-Russian and even Sino-Soviet cooperation, I don't think that the relevant Chinese authorities have developed what they perceive to be almost as anti-Russian a tendency as their European counterparts, as the article suggests (OK I hear the avoid politic alarm sorry). I wouldn't presume that "you didn't mention someone in one of your conversations" and assume that "you must have a bad experience with that guy these day"

Same thing on the CR929 civil aircraft project: there are always voices saying that China will leave Russia behind to work on this project itself. "It's time for get fully prepared to develop and make our wide-body civil aircraft independently!", shouted by an elder AVIC engineer in his article (careful it's fully Chinese). In general, China has 'eaten up' nearly all the technology from the Soviet and Russia over the last 2 to 3 decades, and the tendency I can see is learning from the forefront of European and American experience and technology, while incorporating China's own experience of use and manufacture to develop China's own technology. And this, with no offence, is really something that our Russian friends are finding it difficult to provide these days. 

But one thing is for sure: collaboration always is the best, whatever what you think about that and which side you pick. And collaboration is by no means superior or inferior, whether with Russia, Europe, Middle East, or other countries that are currently underdeveloped for the time being. At least that's what I believe.

Edited by steve9728

On 12/4/2022 at 10:09 PM, steve9728 said:

There may have been a slight glitch in the spacecraft's return: the parachute wasn't successfully disconnected after landing. Which made the ground crew had to saw it off after picking up the astronauts.

image.png

Looks like someone's going to get a scolding!

Via. https://weibo.com/5616492130/Mi4kMad43

Someone post a 4 second video about Shenzhou-9 landing and was flips over: https://weibo.com/7394207363/Mj4RzDm6c (OUCH!)

In this comparison, Shenzhou-14 didn't cut off the parachute doesn't seem to be something big deal.

Fun fact: the first female taikonaut, Liu Yang, was in both Shenzhou-9 and 14 missions

"Failure is the mother of success", as a Chinese proverb says. At least there were no "fireworks" at the launch site.

Good luck with the second launch and hope the investors not getting too mad on this hahaha

Edited by steve9728

31 minutes ago, steve9728 said:

PLASSF: 15th Dec, 2:25 CST, the Yaogan-36 was successfully sent into planned orbit by CZ-2D rocket at XSLC.

(The number of satellites in the constellation and the number of rockets will have to wait for dawn in few hours later for further information)

Alright, CZ-2D Y80 rocket. CZ-2D rocket was successfully finished 15 missions this year, which made a new record for the number of launches of this type of rocket.

image.png

Via. https://weibo.com/5616492130/MjCMol8rw

On 11/27/2022 at 10:06 PM, steve9728 said:

The third of Yaogan-36 remote sensing satellites has been sent into its planned orbit by CZ-2D Y69 rocket in XCLC at 20:23 CST today.

This three satellite mission patches finally forms a trapezoid:lol:

177c99e9e345bfdd3f67427dec9284d2.png

On 10/15/2022 at 11:48 PM, steve9728 said:

According to the mission patch this time and previous time, I guess this batch of launches should be followed by at least one more in the future:

image.png

Hide contents

Previous one, the Y68:

image.png

According the patches of previous three Yaogan-36, I believe there's at least 2 more to go next two months. Maybe can forms a hexagon finally

On 12/13/2022 at 6:44 AM, SunlitZelkova said:

Interestingly, Luna-25 just made a squeak today, in the form of a press release about the debugged radioaltimeter being reintegrated with the vehicle.

https://tass.ru/kosmos/16585189

Landspace official weibo: 14th Dec, 16:30 CST, we are at JSLC on the first flight test mission of the new private commercial launch vehicle, the Zhuque-2. The engines of first and second stage were running normally but the vernier engines of second stage didn't. This led to the failure of the launch mission. The exact cause is being further analysed and investigated.

image.png

At least this photo is surprisingly good I give it that.

Edited by steve9728

A cold launch but didn't use TEL vehicle this time

I watched an introductory video about Chinese TEL vehicle (but of course it's full Chinese without English subtitles). That make lots of sense why CNSA using same trucks as PLARF: This is because the manufacturers of TEL for launch vehicles are from the "Wanshan Plant(万山厂)" and "Tai'an  Plant(泰安厂)". The full name of "Wanshan Plant" is Hubei Sanjiang Aerospace Wanshan Special Vehicle Co. It's a manufacturer under the  China Aerospace Sanjiang Company, aka Forth Institute of CASIC. The "Tai'an Plant" full name is Taian Aerospace Special Vehicle Co. LTD (I don't know why they put a wrong picture of a proton rocket on their website, maybe it was the work from some interns). Which is a manufacturer under China Academy of Launch Vehicles, aka First Institute of CASC.

In 1998, Wanshan began to master the development of special vehicle technology: through a joint venture with the Minsk Automobile Plant  in the form of a technical participation in the form of a transfer of technology, and the restructured Wanshan Company, Sanjiang Volat Special Vehicle Co. Ltd. was established. With this, Wanshan thoroughly digested and absorbed the technology of the MAZ-543. Based on that, a series of military heavy-duty off-road special vehicles were launched. Such as the WS-2500 10×8 chassis, which is used in the DF-16 and DF-21 missiles, the WS-2600 10×10 chassis, which is used in YJ-12B missiles. After 12 years of good cooperation between both sides, the Minsk side handed over the technology for the six-axle drive to Wanshan in 2010. This resulted in WS-2900 12×12 chassis and laid the technical basis for the development of the subsequent 8-axle chassis.

But Wanshan didn't deliver a satisfactory result on the 16×16 chassis because of the transmission structure and lack of power output of the engine. However, HTF5980A 16×16 chassis developed by Tai'an, finally succeeded in technology and production after eight years of research and development. The remarkable thing is that the central government decision makers in the planning of the overall strategic layout of the development of the country's special vehicles and didn't let Tai'an also go "Sino-foreign joint venture, the introduction of technology" development program. Instead, it was asked to follow the path of independent research and development with the technical support of other sister units. Unlike Wanshan's technology which is introduced through foreign cooperation, Tai'an's core technology has accumulated completed independent intellectual property rights. Before 2010, their only presentable products were TA5380 which for the HQ-9 anti-air missile and TA5450 for DF-15 tactical missiles. In 2002 Tai'an started the development of eight-axle special vehicle and in 2006 the first generation HTF5980 was designed. The performance of the first generation at this time was still lacking, so after four years of technical work, they completed the design of the 16×16 heavy-duty off-road special vehicle HTF5980A and HTF5980B. The technical difficulties of the 8-axle drive technology have been completely overcome. Naturally, in the subsequent competition, Tai'an's HTF5980 beat out Wanshan's WS series chassis and was selected as the chassis for the Chinese ICBM TEL vehicle, such as DF-31A and DF-41.

There are rumours on the internet that Tai'an is working on a diesel-electric hybrid engine. But this kind of thing is basically in a highly secretive state where it cannot be proven or disproven. So, I won't make any speculations.

So now, as for why Kuaizhou or something using TEL, well, "is it strange for a subordinate to produce something useful for its superiors?"

Edited by steve9728

Unboxing, unboxing and unboxing: Shenzhou-15 crew are unlocking the Combustion Science Rack in Mengtian Module.

image.png

image.png

Via. Tiangong TV S04E02 from CMS's official weibo

I cut out and rotated the screenshot of parcels in the top left corner:

image.png

From left to the right are:

Resistance exercise device accessory kit 2 (the green one), Extra-vehicular 5G transceiver a and b (both black parcels)

Edited by steve9728

The first cube sat deploy from CSS, CAS-10, will be deployed from Mengtian* at 01:30 UTC on 18 Dec, 2022

https://www.amsat.org/camsat-xw-4-cas-10-satellite-to-be-deployed-december-18th/

https://amsat-uk.org/2022/03/20/cas-10-cubesat/

It's the science satellite from Macau University of Science and Technology that was carried by the Tianzhou-5

* Correction: it mounted on the exterior of the transition section between the propulsion and cargo compartments of Tianzhou-5. So logically it should be deployed from Tianzhou-5 directly.

image.png

Blue words: TZ-5 carries experimental payloads to independently carry out three space science and technology experiments. Including the Macau Student Science and Technology Sat, Hydrogen-oxygen Fuel Cell and High-energy Particle Detector.

The illustrations and accompanying text below are, from left to right, the Macau Student Science Sat, the Fuel Cell and the High Energy Particle Detector.

Via. https://weibo.com/7394207363/MeU58zO0c

Edited by steve9728

6 hours ago, SunlitZelkova said:

slot machine

FT: You're right, but I can make this all three into one: the unspeakable JL-3 using HGV warhead was carried out a seriously lack of transparency exercise. And guess what? This evil thing can even be one of the ABM systems to perform anti-missile missions!

That's basically what happened with their 'orbital bomber' report last year.

Edited by steve9728