Chinese Space Program (CNSA) & Ch. commercial launch and discussion

tater

4 hours ago, steve9728 said:

"I believe that the dream of Chinese people to reach the moon in the ninth heaven will become a reality in the near future."

For context, apparently ninth heaven is a term from literature used to refer to space.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/九天

I had to look this up myself as I did not know and was curious.

4 hours ago, SunlitZelkova said:

For context, apparently ninth heaven is a term from literature used to refer to space.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/九天

I had to look this up myself as I did not know and was curious.

That's how "Language Barriers" looks like. His exact word in Chinese is "九天揽月". Honestly, I really don't know how to translate that one. If we translate that word by word directly, they are:

• 九, nine
  • 天, sky
  • 揽, reach, catch, or even seize and monopolized
  • 月, moon

‘Nine’ is a pronoun here, which refers to a lot or even infinity. So yep, infinity sky → space. I think I can translate that as 'to the highest part of the sky to pick the moon'. However, the translation seems to be a bit weak and does not fully convey the original Chinese aura. It's from Li Bai's poetry 宣州谢朓楼饯别校书叔云

16 minutes ago, DDE said:

GG

28802.jpeg

notgoing.jpg

According to my experience to stay in UK. I really visit their space museum in Leicester. My comment is that if that's the best they got, I'd rather get a Russian or American visa to see them sometime. Compared to museums whose collections are themed around WWII and pre-WWII, this is the most boring British museum I've ever been to.

Edited by steve9728

Meanwhile in station:

image.png

Words from the left:

Liu Yang; The palace in the sky awaits you!

Chen Dong: Welcome lads!

Cai Xuzhe: We will be back!

image.png

Welcome to China's home in space!

Via.https://weibo.com/1971177973/MhixZdkKP

Spoiler

Today's live in Chinese, the first taikonaut, Yang Liwei is on the air. But the most annoying thing is that because of the language barrier....

Edited by steve9728

image.png

Knock knock:cool:

I have a feeling that every little gesture and perhaps even every word spoken by the two crew members during their meeting in orbit today will be  "little tradition" for the future of the CSS.

From 1992 with nearly nothing, to now, completed one of the space stations in the orbit. Countless experts, workers and people from all occupations who support them have given and even sacrificed too much. Thank you and thank you to all those who have made outstanding contributions to China's space programme.

Keep going, CNSA!

Edited by steve9728

Jiang Zemin, the former Chinese leader, and ultimate decision-maker of China's manned space programme was passed away today in Shanghai.

Fun fact: the Chinese words '神舟' (Shenzhou, The Magical Boat of Sky River) on the manned spacecraft and '神箭' (Shenjian, The Magical Arrow of Sky River) on CZ-2F rocket were his handwriting.

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

(According to the mission patch on the right of the staff in the picture, this should be the Shenzhou-1. I've looked through several videos of the Shenzhou assembly plant in recent years, and it seems that the Chinese word "Shenzhou" is no longer attached to the craft.)

image.png

image.png

Thank you, for everything, the 'Elder'

https://apnews.com/article/china-navy-philippines-manila-south-sea-ee4c0a7b080a27ad559105a44bdfcf31

China’s coast guard forcibly seized apparent Chinese rocket debris that was being towed by the Philippine navy, in the latest confrontation in the disputed South China Sea, a Philippine military commander said Monday.

The Chinese vessel twice blocked the Philippine naval boat before seizing the debris it was towing Sunday off Philippine-occupied Thitu island, Vice Admiral Alberto Carlos said. He said no one was injured in the incident.

57 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

https://apnews.com/article/china-navy-philippines-manila-south-sea-ee4c0a7b080a27ad559105a44bdfcf31

China’s coast guard forcibly seized apparent Chinese rocket debris that was being towed by the Philippine navy, in the latest confrontation in the disputed South China Sea, a Philippine military commander said Monday.

The Chinese vessel twice blocked the Philippine naval boat before seizing the debris it was towing Sunday off Philippine-occupied Thitu island, Vice Admiral Alberto Carlos said. He said no one was injured in the incident.

I read another article days ago from Philippine: https://globalnation.inquirer.net/208580/blasts-heard-in-pag-asa-island-after-ph-china-sea-encounter

A series of blasts was heard by residents of Philippine-occupied Pag-asa (Thitu) Island in the West Philippine Sea on Sunday (Nov. 20), powerful enough to jolt the ground as it rippled across the island.

As someone who listened to the sound of a 76mm gun (HPJ-26) test near a naval shipyard for a whole week, while the sensation is subjective, such a description feels a little exaggerated to me if the event occurred within 2 to 3 km of the person hearing the sound. Of course, it's possible that the same thing may not feel the same on the island as it does on land.

My guess at the time would have been:

• "Hey boys, go to XX waters and retrieve the rocket wreckage now."
  • The relevant commander carrying out this instruction: for safety's sake, take a few more ships.
  • Philippine side: HOLY... 'that day' coming?? They are coming to take the island!! *Did everything in the articles in stress reaction*
  • When confronted with a Philippine vessel that was on the move and "appeared ready to fight" on radar, the Chinese vessel fired a warning shot (or possibly some shock bombs) and informed the Filipino of its intentions through communications such as radio.
  • Things happened and we got the articles.
Edited by steve9728

Arabidopsis seeds carried to CSS by the Shenzhou-15 crew are growing seedlings.

image.png

“According to the plan, approximately 20 hours after launch, the payload is installed by the astronauts into the general-purpose biological incubator in the Ecological Life Experiment Rack of the Wentian Module to conduct scientific experiments.
Over the next 30-50 days, in the microgravity environment of space, the experimental system will carry out automated real-time monitoring of the morphology and development of wild-type and various mutant and transgenic plants in orbit.
Once the samples are recovered, scientists will systematically analyse the mechanisms of the biological effects of microgravity in space by combining the genomic sequencing of space-treated samples with correlation analysis of ground-based simulated microgravity samples.”

Sprouted in just two days, seems like this thing pretty easy to grow!

(In fact, Shenzhou-14 also brought arabidopsis into CSS. And this is the second time that arabidopsis has germinated at CSS)

Forgot this: The rice in the CSS carried by Shenzhou-14 crew was in tassel at the start of November:

image.png

“Its actually rice has started ripening in space for the first time."

Spoiler

I think the Shenzhou-14 crew which will returning home few days later should be bringing back this rice ripened in space for follow-up research on the ground

On 11/28/2022 at 11:43 AM, steve9728 said:

Deng Qingming's daughter, 邓满琪 (Deng Manqi) also following her father's dream of space. She joined CNSA, where she now works in the flight control hall.

image.png

Fei Junlong's son, 费迪 (Fei Di),  join 5th Institute of CASIC and work as Shenzhou-15's mission planning assistant.

image.png

If you work hard enough, you can not only control your dad go to space, but you can also even decide what your dad going to do in space too!

22 minutes ago, Codraroll said:

Eh, it's better that it's hanging on when it shouldn't, instead of coming off when it should be hanging on.

In case of that, the staff from CNSA who in the CCTV's live said, the parachute disconnected or not only control by the astronauts in the spacecraft. Logically it's also possible that the astronauts didn't feel they needed to do that.

Because it is relatively short and round, it seems to be one of the northern varieties of japonica rice. Pretty full of rice :lol: