[1.3.1] BDArmory Continued - FOR MODDERS - Public BETA of v1.0.0 (Update: Preview 2)

TheDog

sJVNEVJ.png

A definite improvement on that one major issue but now that there's some parts of a system taking it from 6 angles why not take it from all of them and average from there. As it stands making the side less stealthy than the front is a worthless effort because the calculator will just switch to a less favorable angle. Directional stealth is more problematic now than even before.

Without a doubt the beta is heading in the right direction.

Edited by Spartwo

Quick question: Is it currently 1.3.0 compatible? Heres what the .version says:

Spoiler

{
    "NAME":"BDArmory",
    "URL":"https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/raw/master/BDArmory/Distribution/GameData/BDArmory/BDArmory.version",
    "DOWNLOAD":"https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/latest",
    "GITHUB":
    {
        "USERNAME":"PapaJoesSoup",
        "REPOSITORY":"BDArmory",
        "ALLOW_PRE_RELEASE":false
    },
    "VERSION":
    {
        "MAJOR":1,
        "MINOR":0,
        "PATCH":0,
        "BUILD":0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION":
    {
        "MINOR":3,
        "PATCH":1
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MIN":
    {
        "PATCH":0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MAX":
    {
        "PATCH":9
    }
}

6 hours ago, dundun92 said:

Quick question: Is it currently 1.3.0 compatible? Heres what the .version says:

Reveal hidden contents

{
    "NAME":"BDArmory",
    "URL":"https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/raw/master/BDArmory/Distribution/GameData/BDArmory/BDArmory.version",
    "DOWNLOAD":"https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/latest",
    "GITHUB":
    {
        "USERNAME":"PapaJoesSoup",
        "REPOSITORY":"BDArmory",
        "ALLOW_PRE_RELEASE":false
    },
    "VERSION":
    {
        "MINOR":0,
        "PATCH":0,
        "BUILD":0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION":
    {
        "PATCH":1
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MIN":
    {
        "PATCH":0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MAX":
    {
        "PATCH":9
    }
}

Should work on 1.3.0, yes.

On 10/12/2017 at 11:50 AM, Acea said:

Not really related but I'd ask a question, is there any plan of advanced ECM methods, like fake target signals and decoys for radar confusion?

Spanner actually had some parts ready for that, some torpedo decoy's etc... was going to work on that next after the Armor/Damage updates

Speaking of which I will be PM'ing you about those changes right now as they will have a major effect on your weapons

@TMasterson5, @Eskandare, @Acea, @LORDPrometheus, @harpwner@Wraith977, @Themorris, @Next_Star_Industries   

Guys, how are you coming along with updates for your radar parts?

Any problems, open questions?

I am asking cause we are thinking about going for a release, otherwise our new developments (damage model) might "overtake" this one...
If BDA released in November, would that be fine for your mods/parts, or do you need more time for adaptation?

Edited by TheDog

18 hours ago, TheDog said:

@TMasterson5, @Eskandare, @Acea, @LORDPrometheus, @harpwner@Wraith977, @Themorris, @Next_Star_Industries   

I am asking cause we are thinking about going for a release, otherwise our new developments (damage model) might "overtake" this one...
If BDA released in November, would that be fine for your mods/parts, or do you need more time for adaptation?

Radar parts are ready but I'm now dealing with new damage model, which is already in half way now.

IMO a major stable release is much better than several minor ones which try to achieve a complete overhaul, but it'll be okay if that's the sequence, I could wait until all features got settled.

EDIT: Checked all cfg files and found that I could release a transitional version, so I am now totally okay with it.

9 minutes ago, TheDog said:

All of my mods are all good to go. Just waiting on release of new BD but I'm in no rush. Take your time and get it right man 

6 hours ago, TheDog said:

I'm ready to go as well, but I'm in no hurry either still modeling things.

Excellent, guys, thank you very much!

We are starting release preparations, merging some more pull requests and checking whether some fixes for issues can make it in.

Side note: thanks to a PR it looks like we will have destructible kerbals again with the next version, making mods like BDArmory FPS useful again! :)

Edit: we may be release-ready in a week, max 2, I assume.
Edit: clarification: the new damage & armor overhaul will be tested and released separately, of course. Your feedback and cooperation on that will also be valued (having an open beta phase, similar to this one)

Edited by TheDog

I actually am working on a mod right now, but all the radars are properly configured.

@jrodriguez, when the release comes out, could you recompile an RBDA type BDA? Im looking for 250+ km radar range (yes, I know it will be laggier than usual)

Or, could you show me how you got the radar range at 250km?

And I have three suggestions for BDA.

1. Reduce Visual/Guard range at night to a customizable value.

2. Add a Max altitude to AI settings.

3. A rework of the min altitude system. IRL, planes can fly low. But if I put the min altitude to 50m, during a dogfight, it will crash into the ground, because of high decent rate. So here is my suggestion. Add to the AI a setting that represents the max rate the plane can pull up from  dive. If the plane approaches min altitude from a shallow decent, it wont pull up untill very low. If it is in a dive, it will pull up ahead of time, so it ends the pull up at the min altitude. And planes (unless configured otherwise)  should naturally fly and dogfight as low as possible to avoid radar detection. 

Edited by Guest

37 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

I actually am working on a mod right now, but all the radars are properly configured.

@jrodriguez, when the release comes out, could you recompile an RBDA type BDA? Im looking for 250+ km radar range (yes, I know it will be laggier than usual)

Or, could you show me how you got the radar range at 250km?

I have something for you:

in the next release, the selectable display range for the radar (and rwr) will automatically adjust to your configured physics range. So, when you set 500km physics range (via PRE), your radar display can go up to 500km automatically!
The actual detection & lokcing ranges still need to be configured individually per radar, but it seems you already got that right...

Edited by TheDog

Just now, TheDog said:

I have something for you:

in the next release, the selectable display range for the radar (and rwr) will automatically adjust to your configured physics range. So, when you set 500km physics range, your radar display can go up to 500km automatically!
The actual detection & lokcing ranges still need to be configured individually per radar, but it seems you already got that right...

Perfect! Thanks!

I'm gonna be vastly behind because A. College and B. My code was lost in hard drive limbo upon a computer upgrade. I'll see where I can get today but this code I have as backup is from 1.2 so it may be best to leave me behind if you must. I'll report back later since today is my day off from working.

Just now, gomker said:

lol :) I don't know what you are going to school for , but anything tech related , I'd suggest getting ready for it now rather than later :) 

Computer Science Degree....

okay yeah I see your point

4 minutes ago, harpwner said:

Computer Science Degree....

JR and I use git for Work related stuff too. It will be a leg up for you when you work on teams with other devs. I see a lot of recruiters starting to ask people if they have public github commits / projects.

1 minute ago, gomker said:

JR and I use git for Work related stuff too. It will be a leg up for you when you work on teams with other devs. I see a lot of recruiters starting to ask people if they have public github commits / projects.

Thanks for the guidance then. I will hop on GitHub once I clean up this old version a bit, it'll also probably help me remember to package my source when I release :P

v1.0.0 - Under the radar, over the horizon  is now RELEASED!

Please consider this beta thread closed for now.

For the next release with the damage & armor system overhaul a new beta thread will be opened by the team.

Thank you to everyone having supported us in here!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.