[1.3.1] Community Real Agency Pack v1.1 (15.Oct.2017)

h0yer

Community Real Agency Pack

v1.1 for KSP v1.3.1

Intended for RealismOverhaul

The Community Real Agency Pack (short CRAP^^) is a collection of real world agencies and companies and serves as a manufacturer-framework for modders who make replicas, but can't really decide which manufacturer a part should get, or simply don't bother with that.

The mod started out as a small private learning project, the "Real Agencies Collection", which I have now 'transcended' into some sort of extended community project, since there was 'some' interest in having such a thingy. RAC and CRAP are essentially the same thing, RAC is just for KSP 1.2.2 and CRAP for 1.3.1 and has localization, and now a few MM patches for funky integration with DecalStickers...

The pack contains large 255x160 .png logos for view in mission control, as well as downscaled 64x40 ones for the vehicle assembly building's manufacturer tabs. Almost all logos were taken from wikipedia, and carefully hand-scaled and resized to fit the KSP needs.

And to round it up, it contains a neat selection of background info, in multiple languages, powered by wikipedia and the copypaste foundation, although I'm not really sure where all that info gets displayed, haven't see any of it pop up anywhere yet, hmm... *strokes beard

(Translation/localization WIP)

In a few words:
CRAP is an agency framework, mostly intended for use with RealismOverhaul.

Furthermore:
The CRAP serves as well as reference for any modders, who make replicas, but aren't sure what exact manufacturer tag one should apply for having the parts in the proper manufacturer categories.
The CRAP heap of agencies is (hopefully) regularily updated, by... heaping up more... agencies :D , or whenever someone has the needs to add manufacturers, that our poor eyes had eluded before.

Currently available agencies:
(For exact manufacturer tags, see "agents.cfg")

• Antonov
  • Army Ballisic Missile Agency (ABMA)
  • Aerojet
  • Aerojet-Rocketdyne
  • Airbus
  • Airbus Defence & Space
  • ArianeGroup
  • Arianespace
  • ATK
  • BAE Systems
  • Bell Aircraft
  • Bendix Aviation
  • Beriev
  • Blue Origin
  • Boeing
  • Boeing IDS
  • Bosch
  • Bristol Siddeley
  • California Institute of Technology (CalTech)
  • Chrysler
  • Convair
  • Daimler-Benz
  • Delco Electronics
  • Douglas
  • EADS
  • EADS Astrium
  • Embraer
  • European Space Agency (ESA)
  • Fokker
  • General Electric Aviation
  • General Electric
  • Godrej
  • Grumman
  • Honeywell
  • Hughes
  • HVA Peenemünde
  • IBM
  • Ilyushin
  • International Launch Services (ILS)
  • Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
  • Information Satellite Systems Reshetnev (ISSR)
  • Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL)
  • KB Khimavtomatika
  • KB KhimMash
  • KB Yuzhnoye
  • Khrunichev
  • Krasmash
  • L3 Electron Devices (L3 EDD)
  • Lockheed
  • Lockheed Martin
  • Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL)
  • Martin USA
  • Martin Marietta
  • Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
  • Matra Marconi Space
  • McDonnell
  • McDonnell Douglas
  • Mikoyan Gurevich
  • Mitsubishi
  • Mittelwerk GmbH
  • Moog
  • NASA
  • North American Aviation (NAA)
  • North American Rockwell Space Division (NAR)
  • Northrop Grumman
  • NPO Almaz
  • NPO Energomash
  • NPO Lavochkin
  • NPO Mashinostroyeniya
  • Orbital ATK
  • Orbital Sciences
  • PA Polyot
  • PA Yuzhmash
  • Pratt & Whitney
  • Raytheon
  • RKK Energia
  • RocketLab
  • Rocketdyne
  • Rockwell International
  • Rolls-Royce
  • Roscosmos
  • RUAG Space
  • Safran
  • Siemens
  • Snecma
  • Sukhoi
  • SNTK Kuznetsov
  • SpaceX
  • Teledyne Technologies
  • Thiokol
  • TsSKB-Progress
  • Tupolev
  • United Launch Alliance (ULA)
  • United Technologies
  • U.S. Department Of Energy (DOE)
  • U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
  • Voronezh Mechanical Plant
  • Yakovlev

Requirements:

• ModuleManager, if you want CRAP integrate itself with blackheart612'S DecalStickers mod.

Recommendations:

• Makes not much of sense if installed on a stock "Kerbalized" game, since only very few Kerbal-modders use actual manufacturers.
  • Install yourselves a fully fledged RealismOverhaul suite :)
  • CRAP integrates itself nicely with DecalStickers, you can boldly sticker-bomb you rockets like no man has sticker-bombed before^^

Installation:

1. Standard procedures apply, first delete any old installments, if present.
  2. Extract the contents of "GameData" from the downloaded archive into your ".../KSP/Gamedata/..." folder, keeping subfolder structure. Voilá.
  3. Install DecalStickers and its dependencies (firespitter plugin) according to points one and two.

Support:
For any manufacturer update requests or bug report, please don't hesitate to open an issue on GitHub:

https://github.com/h0yer/CommunityRealAgencyPack

Or post here in this thread.

If you want to participate in any way, just poke me with an ad-equate poking stick, probably the type beeing used on Soyuz keyboards, I like those a lot^^

Credits:
Original Creator: Jan Hoyer (KSP-Forums/GitHub: h0yer)
The entire RealismOverhaul team, because reasons.
TiktaalikDreaming (KSP-Forums) for providing the "North American Rockwell Space Division", "General Atomics" and "Electric Boat"  logos and his continuous support.
For credits on all other logos, see "CREDITS.TXT" inside the compressed archive or view:

https://github.com/h0yer/CommunityRealAgencyPack/CREDITS.TXT

DOWNLOAD:

GitHub

SpaceDock

Source

Changelog:

v1.1

Spoiler

Added a few more agencies and logos:

- Antonov

- Beriev

- Generalized Soviet Star logo for Soviet era OKBs

- General Atomics (Credit: TikataalikDreaming)

- Electric Boat (Credit: TiktaalikDreaming)

- Embraer

- Fokker

- Ilyushin

- Mikoyan Gurevich

- National Reconnaissance Office

- Sukhoi

- Tupolev

- Yakovlev

Added ModuleManager patches for integration with DecalStickers.

Fixed a few typos and cosmetics on texts and logos.

License:

GPL-3.0

Edited by h0yer
new release :)

So, playing around adjusting mods, seems the following MM patch style works fine,

@PART[*]:HAS[#manufacturer[Konvair*]]:NEEDS[CommunityRealAgencyPack]
{
   @manufacturer = Convair
}

This is obviously an example.  If you wanted more detail you'd do specific parts, rather than blanket changes.  EG: If changing the Saturn V you'd switch the whole lot to NASA, or switch parts to Boeing, NAA, or Rocketdyne, ... etc.  And doing a part specific MM patch is pretty obvious, but I was wondering if I could blanket change a bunch of parts, and the answer was yes. :D

4 hours ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

So, playing around adjusting mods, seems the following MM patch style works fine,

@PART[*]:HAS[#manufacturer[Konvair*]]:NEEDS[CommunityRealAgencyPack]
{
   @manufacturer = Convair
}

This is obviously an example.  If you wanted more detail you'd do specific parts, rather than blanket changes.  EG: If changing the Saturn V you'd switch the whole lot to NASA, or switch parts to Boeing, NAA, or Rocketdyne, ... etc.  And doing a part specific MM patch is pretty obvious, but I was wondering if I could blanket change a bunch of parts, and the answer was yes. :D

Heya!

That's actually a really good example, the thing I more or less planned initially :)

Especially the :HAS section is interesting, couldn't really figure that one out.

Since then, Ive forked the RO-repo and am applying the manufacturer-homogenization there, correcting a few entries and adding them where they are missing, pushing them over eventually.

But I guess I can surely use those eventually, on very 'special' mods^^

I think the next release is as good as ready, still deciding between using only one large MM patch, or several smaller ones, for more options/choice. The current MM patch only integrates CRAP into DecalStickers and adds back all Kerbal logos, if no RO is present.

Hmm, so I learned a little ModuleManager syntax and a little Mardown, hmm, feels odd... Dipping my toes into "code"... Could get used to it^^

Peace :)

2 hours ago, h0yer said:

Heya!

That's actually a really good example, the thing I more or less planned initially :)

Especially the :HAS section is interesting, couldn't really figure that one out.

I posted it 'cos it took me a while to work it out and a few attempts.  I have previously thought the :HAS[] thing was just for modules.  eg: :HAS[moduleEngines].   All I can say is Yay for Alt-F11. :)

I'll be adding the above patch to the Nexus, and similar ones to the USAF Orion and associated bits.  And changing the patching for the MEM.  At the moment it chooses North American Rockwell in the presence of Realism Overhaul, but it'd be better to pick it if it finds this.  

7 minutes ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

I posted it 'cos it took me a while to work it out and a few attempts.  I have previously thought the :HAS[] thing was just for modules.  eg: :HAS[moduleEngines].   All I can say is Yay for Alt-F11. :)

I'll be adding the above patch to the Nexus, and similar ones to the USAF Orion and associated bits.  And changing the patching for the MEM.  At the moment it chooses North American Rockwell in the presence of Realism Overhaul, but it'd be better to pick it if it finds this.  

Awyeah, that's just the thing :)

Here a little piece of what I did with my DecalStickers MM patch:

//--Add TDI logo
@PART[sticker*]:NEEDS[blackheart&TDIndustriesRCSandHypergolicengines&!RealismOverhaul]
{
	@MODULE[FStextureSwitch2]
	{
		@textureNames ^= :$: ; TDIndustriesRCSandHypergolicengines\Agencies\Logo:
		@textureDisplayNames ^= :$:;TD Industries:
	}
}

Something like that for FASA, SSTU, and your North Kerbin Rcokwell logos as well.

Maybe I can find one or two more logos, add them and give the new release a go...

Yay, another update! (v1.1)

Added a few more agencies (10-12, dunno, see changelog) and their logos, fixed some minor cosmetics and grammar and made MM patches for integration with DecalStickers, woohoo :D

One persistent bug:

The Hercules logo is somehow bugged, DecalStickers don't like them and the large once can't even be previewed in GitHub, odd thing that is.

Have fun nontheless !

During the last hours, I wore an old Soviet army hat, sponsored by a coworker, I squeezed down one tube of Cosmopit astronaut food, brought from the same coworker as souvenier and I blasted the Red Army Choir through my room, yeah, and I think on monday, I'll scrounge my companie's scrap cages for parts for making a proper soyuz keyboard poking stick :D

Here a screenshot, sponsored by DecalStickes:

u9cMr15h.png

Edited by h0yer
fun

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Yes. They'll show up as flags and contract agencies.

I don't know if Blackheart's DecalStickers still works (it might, since it's based on FireSpitter which has been updated) but they definitely work with Conformal Decals (use the flag decal to apply them):

Spoiler

i9BC47M.jpg

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.