Lol-just found this meme

HighFructose

This is the dumbest meme i have ever seen.

Im suggesting this is not a Flat Earth meme, it does not have any 'NASA lies' stuffed into it. But the idea that its not a Flat Earth meme is more disturbing than if it was one.

Haha, damnnn... 
There was a time that I was looking up some off those anti-NASA things, just wanted to know what their arguments were. 
Time after time you keep facepalming yourself, until you reach a point where you can't handle any stupidity anymore. Platforms like 9gag, youtube, reddit tend to become a hostile enviroment and with a great diversity  between the 2 parties about what's right and what's wrong. 

Now I'm finally at that point that google and all the other platforms down't suggest me any flat-earth/anti-NASA stuff anymore. This helps me from a huge headage due facepalming turning into faceslapping. 

11 minutes ago, DrLicor said:

Haha, damnnn... 
There was a time that I was looking up some off those anti-NASA things, just wanted to know what their arguments were. 
Time after time you keep facepalming yourself, until you reach a point where you can't handle any stupidity anymore. Platforms like 9gag, youtube, reddit tend to become a hostile enviroment and with a great diversity  between the 2 parties about what's right and what's wrong. 

Now I'm finally at that point that google and all the other platforms down't suggest me any flat-earth/anti-NASA stuff anymore. This helps me from a huge headage due facepalming turning into faceslapping. 

Flat Earth Memes make me facepalm so much my forehead is now Tycho Crater.

I once made a blog specifically pointed towards these stupid 'arguments'

7 minutes ago, NSEP said:

Flat Earth Memes make me facepalm so much my forehead is now Tycho Crater.

I once made a blog specifically pointed towards these stupid 'arguments'

Earlier I felt like I had to react on those things too. But now I just ignore them, don't spend any energy in those stupid things anymore..

8 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

What meme? Did they take it down? I see nothing.

Huh weird.

Its one of those picture with a high exposure time of a launch where it look like an arc and it says: NASA, GOING SIDEWAYS TO GET INTO SPACE SINCE 1950.

2 minutes ago, NSEP said:

Huh weird.

Its one of those picture with a high exposure time of a launch where it look like an arc and it says: NASA, GOING SIDEWAYS TO GET INTO SPACE SINCE 1950.

Oh ok, I've seen that one before. I don't know why it's not showing up in the OP's post for me; Maybe something glitchy with the forum again.

As for Flat-Earthers... If what you claim is true, then I defy you, any one of you, to go the edge and take a picture and show the world. Start walking. Let me know when you get there. I'll be right here waiting.

12 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

As for Flat-Earthers... If what you claim is true, then I defy you, any one of you, to go the edge and take a picture and show the world. Start walking. Let me know when you get there. I'll be right here waiting.

They will likely answer with something like ''The Edge is gaurded by a secret orginization'' or ''The Earth is infinitely big''. You can't debunk the Flat Earth conspiracy, they always give you a completely made up and bonkers explanation with no evidence supporting it.

I also asked the Mods if a discussion like this is ok once, apperantly its not really ok for us to turn this into a Flat-Earth hate thread, so keep that in mind.

1 minute ago, NSEP said:

I also asked the Mods if a discussion like this is ok once, apperantly its not really ok for us to turn this into a Flat-Earth hate thread, so keep that in mind.

Duly noted. There's no hatred here however; No more than any other post in-which someone would post unscientific bunk and have the entire community of those who know better come down on them with real science. :wink:

I still can't see the meme. Quite annoying. Wondering now who the image host is... maybe that's got something to do with it?

The Earth clearly isn't flat, for it have mountains and valleys... !

Though, I have to admit, sometimes assuming the Earth is flat makes an easy job. You want to make building foundations, clearly it just needs to be "flat". Road or Tunnel or anything vertical alignments are made wrt a "flat" land, etc.

Also, this meme actually shows that space is close enough - closer than the sea if you're far away from it !

Willing to show my ignorance here... How does this meme imply flat earth? I ask because in another thread today I read where someone trying to explain orbital mechanics to his dad was getting frustrated as his dad thought rockets just went up to get to space. 

From what I was seeing here, I would never come to the conclusion of something faked. So I googled the image and saw it in context. Uhm, yeah. It's like talking to my brother. Not a FE'r just can't be convinced we had the technology in '69 to pull it off. I got to turn him on to Georgio cause it was obviously reverse engineered alien technology jk

5 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

From what I was seeing here, I would never come to the conclusion of something faked.

Exactly my point in this comment:

4 hours ago, NSEP said:

This is the dumbest meme i have ever seen.

Im suggesting this is not a Flat Earth meme, it does not have any 'NASA lies' stuffed into it. But the idea that its not a Flat Earth meme is more disturbing than if it was one.

I have to admit, it is kinda amusing.

Before playing KSP my concept of orbital mechanics was different.  I had had it explained, and had seen diagrams, but I didn't "really get it"

Lately I have found myself trying to explain some of these concepts, but I really feel like I'm doing about as good as a job as the people that explained it to me/ diagrams...  

"OK to get into a higher orbit burn prograde, that will raise your periapsis"

"So you go faster to get higher?"

"Yea, but you have to go even faster if you want to stay up there, but you'll actually be orbiting slower than you were at a lower orbit."

.... Its like trying to explain a mobius strip to a dot that just conceptualized the existence of a line. :confused:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.