Sounds for other movable parts

Since 1.2/1.3 (Can't really remember) there has been a sound that plays when the landing gear open/close. It would be nice if the other parts such as the cargo bay, mk3 ramp and whatnot.

Spoiler

If such a sound were to be added in the game, what would it sound like? Would it be a modified version of the landing gear sounds but with more bass?

Also, do ailerons/rudder/elevators make any sound when they move in real life?

On 10/9/2017 at 3:08 PM, Scientia1423 said:

Since 1.2/1.3 (Can't really remember) there has been a sound that plays when the landing gear open/close. It would be nice if the other parts such as the cargo bay, mk3 ramp and whatnot.

Reveal hidden contents

If such a sound were to be added in the game, what would it sound like? Would it be a modified version of the landing gear sounds but with more bass?

Also, do ailerons/rudder/elevators make any sound when they move in real life?

On small airplanes without hydraulics? No they don't make any noise. Not that you could hear them over the engine if they did.

Perhaps they make noise on huge 747 style passenger jets that use massive hydraulic actuators but no way you could hear it from inside the jet.

2 hours ago, Azimech said:

Personally I wouldn't like control surfaces to make a noise. Very distracting. But I'd love more sounds in general.

Agreed.

Personally for me, the lack of "wheel noise" when driving a rover is very odd in an otherwise pretty "finished/polished" game.

I know, I know; there is a mod for that. Tried it...didn't like the particular noise it used. (No offense to the creator.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.