How to scale part models in CFG? [1.3]

15 hours ago, UbuntuLinuxKing said:

What do you mean by this?

He means that you have to use the right scale factor to scale it from 2.5m to 3.75m.

In this case it would be (3.75/2.5), ergo:

rescaleFactor = 1.5

As far as i know, you also have to scale the position values for the nodes (the first three values), therefore you have to multiply them also by 1.5. e.g.

node_stack_top = 0.1, 0.32, 0.2, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

to:

node_stack_top = 0.15, 0.48, 0.3, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

You can also set the seventh parameter to 3 to have the node in the size as the other nodes in the 3.75m scale

Edited by Nils277

On 10/10/2017 at 6:23 AM, Nils277 said:

As far as i know, you also have to scale the position values for the nodes (the first three values), therefore you have to multiply them also by 1.5. e.g.

When using rescaleFactor, the nodes should stay in their correct positions relative to the part.

this was not the case with changing the scale values of the model itself.

Edited by Nightside

32 minutes ago, Nightside said:

When using rescaleFactor, the nodes should stay in their correct positions relative to the part.

this was not the case with changing the scale values of the model itself.

Using just rescaleFactor worked when sizing UP a 2.5m to 3.75m, but sizing them DOWN didn't work, even after I multiplied the node_stack definitions like @Nils227 said.

6 hours ago, UbuntuLinuxKing said:

Using just rescaleFactor worked when sizing UP a 2.5m to 3.75m, but sizing them DOWN didn't work, even after I multiplied the node_stack definitions like @Nils227 said.

Never mind, my own stupidity was causing the problem

On 10/10/2017 at 9:23 AM, Nils277 said:

He means that you have to use the right scale factor to scale it from 2.5m to 3.75m.

In this case it would be (3.75/2.5), ergo:

rescaleFactor = 1.5

node_stack_top = 0.1, 0.32, 0.2, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

to:

node_stack_top = 0.15, 0.48, 0.3, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

You can also set the seventh parameter to 3 to have the node in the size as the other nodes in the 3.75m scale

How would I use that math to scale down a part? I have a 3.75m part, and I want it to be 2.5m. So I run it through a calculator (2.5/3.75) and I get 0.66 repeating. Would just 0.66 in the CFG do, or am I doing my math wrong? EDIT: 0.66 didn't work AT ALL. It did absolutely nothing. :( 

Edited by UbuntuLinuxKing

2 hours ago, UbuntuLinuxKing said:

Never mind, my own stupidity was causing the problem

How would I use that math to scale down a part? I have a 3.75m part, and I want it to be 2.5m. So I run it through a calculator (2.5/3.75) and I get 0.66 repeating. Would just 0.66 in the CFG do, or am I doing my math wrong? EDIT: 0.66 didn't work AT ALL. It did absolutely nothing. :( 

Yes .66 should work. Check to make sure u didn't change scale instead of re-scale. Also, u don't need to change anything in the attachment nodes.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

14 hours ago, UbuntuLinuxKing said:

No, I definitely changed rescaleFactor. Maybe it's just the model - I'll try a different one.

13 hours ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

The ideal RescaleFactor for 3.75 to 2.5 is actually .65

Never mind! Again,my own stupidity - the part model was broken. :P

There is another method if you're feeling creative.

MODEL
	{
		model = Squad/Parts/Resources/ISRU/ISRU
		scale = 0.25,1,0.25

}

Standard values are 1.0. In this example the following shape is the result:

4lhgKuz.png

And in case you're wondering why I did that:

Tt6pB0O.png

I turned the ISRU into a cyclotron and the ion engine into a nozzle. It's a proton cannon.

1 minute ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

And one day you must share with us the how to for those amazing compound (assembled from many parts) assemblies you create,  the pipework on your engines for example.

You mean this stuff?

VNdrgQr.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.