Windows 10 Freeze

This all started when I upgraded to Windows 10. Playing KSP at Windows 8 is butter-smooth. But now, I have to wait for like 30 seconds to wait until the start menu is responsive again. Same thing happens when I quit to main menu.

Already did:

• Compatibility Mode (Windows 8, Windows 7)
  • Running the program as an administrator
  • Running the launcher as an administrator
  • Running in 32-Bit and 64-Bit modes

No, I'm not lacking at RAM.

You don't need to do any of those things to just make KSP run on Windows 10. But there are some graphics hacks that KSP just doesn't like, such as RivaTuner Server, as linked to in my signature. Upgrade that, or better yet remove that if you have it; a lot of MSI card users will have some version of that installed as part of MSI Afterburner.

The only delays I notice when launching KSP on Win10 come from KSP trying to phone home to Squad's network and I don't have working internet access at the moment. There doesn't appear to be a reasonable timeout setting if KSP can't reach Squad's network. I take issue with that, but yet it's part of the EULA so I can't do anything about it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.