No 3rd person & different words representation

It would be nice have an option to disable third person view when you are not performing an EVA or when you are piloting a probe. This will permit to discover the new words bit by bit using cameras giving us a "wow" effect Everytime we are able to see a new part or area of a planet. With cameras would be nice then map the areas with some pics passing from a blurry representation of that word to one more defined (increasing texture quality even in the planetary map) how it happens in the reality. More, you can have just some pics taken by astronauts (so you can see clearly just some areas) or a probe that maps continually obtaining strips (as it happen in some mods). 

Edited by Ginlucks

3 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Looking at black screen when flying a probe sure is fun...

Very funny... But if you think about what I wrote it was implicit that you should have some flight info on the screen like it happen in probe control room and rpm mods. 

Otherwise you should say  the same for manned rocket. What is supposed to look at without some info on the screens in the vessel?

6 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Then how would you target specified docking port if you couldn't see it? Stock game does not provide enough information to do it in IFR.

With the same cameras that you can use to explore areas of a planet. Just put it near a docking Port

This would be nice as a personal challenge and as a mod. But as a part of the stock game it would just be a pain trying to piece together the world through cameras and trying to stay under the part count limit.

7 hours ago, Azimech said:

To be honest ... those other planets are boring as ...

There's nothing to do.

Running from wildlife would be terrific!

Did you mean you haven't made working animatronics yet? :P 

23 hours ago, Ginlucks said:

It would be nice have an option to disable third person view when you are not performing an EVA or when you are piloting a probe. This will permit to discover the new words bit by bit using cameras giving us a "wow" effect Everytime we are able to see a new part or area of a planet.

That moment when you realize, you're not as good at KSP as you thought. THIS KERBAL^ WANTS A BLINDFOLD!
Ultimately, I agree that your suggestion would make the game more interesting for some, but sadly it would be another part of the game that just never gets use for most players... You know... like that flag you never used... or Dres. :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Dark Lion said:

Did you mean you haven't made working animatronics yet? :P 

That moment when you realize, you're not as good at KSP as you thought. THIS KERBAL^ WANTS A BLINDFOLD!
Ultimately, I agree that your suggestion would make the game more interesting for some, but sadly it would be another part of the game that just never gets use for most players... You know... like that flag you never used... or Dres. :rolleyes:

That's true, not all maybe can accept the challenge ( why someone who doesn't accept the challenge is playing ksp?!? ) But probably this modifications could bring a lot of innovations for the others and the code to implement it would not be so hard to write. ( I think... )

About cameras and part count: the problem could be avoid  not considering them in the counting. Maybe to balance the things every 3 cams you have to add a "cpu for cam" that increases the count of the parts.

11 hours ago, Ginlucks said:

why someone who doesn't accept the challenge is playing ksp?!? 

Because is virtually impossible to lose. One don't need to worry about 'playing well' if he enjoy doing It poorly.

11 hours ago, Ginlucks said:

the code to implement it would not be so hard to write. ( I think... )

If so, do it yourself. 

42 minutes ago, Spricigo said:

Because is virtually impossible to lose. One don't need to worry about 'playing well' if he enjoy doing It poorly.

If so, do it yourself. 

I see there are a lot of friendly and funny person on this forum.  I'll not explain to you why I think your answers are stupid you'll not understand.

6 hours ago, Ginlucks said:

Snip.

If you think my post is stupid, just ignore it and focus on the suggestion you are defending.

Expressing your lack of faith in my intelligence will not convince anyone about the merits of your idea. In fact may give the impression that you are not prepared to deal with criticism. 

Still, I think you should consider my two points:

1.many of the KSP players have little to no interest in the game becoming 'more challenging'. And their opinions are as relevant as that of any other player.

2.Your idea will need a non trivial amount of work to become reality. If you don't have the skills and/or experience to do it, you also don't have the skills/experience to say how hard it may be. Saying it " would not be so hard to do" is futile,  will not convince prople people that can do it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.