How real can it be?

Abpilot

RO/RSS/RP-0 and a whole other sett of mods. :) 
On startup I have 45k MM-patches, with if I', right just above 100 mods. But you can get these images of them

:) 

Spoiler

gpdW3WU.png
CyNLfRB.png

(this is the only image that's edited, the rest is just how it looks ingame
eRV1x5Q.png?1
lRKswjT.jpg
lyoz73R.jpg

Edited by DrLicor

10 hours ago, Abpilot said:

Ksp in stock form has never been the MOST real it can be so how can you improve this?

so what mods could you use without crashing your game?

Depends on what you mean by real.  Several people have suggested RSS (Real Solar System), but that replaces all the stock planets with our real life solar system (Earth, etc.) at real life scale.  Is that what you mean?  Or do you want to keep the stock planets and just make them more realistic?  Also by "real" do you mean you want to make the celestial bodies feel more realistic, or do you want your rockets and spacecraft to be more realistic?  For instance, are you more interested in a visual makeover of the planets, or are you looking for rocket parts that more closely resemble real life, or perhaps both?  Do you like the scaled down size of the stock system, or do you want to play at real scale?  Or do you want to play at a scale that feels more lifelike but still uses stock-sized parts?

For us to give you a proper answer, you really need to explain better what it is you are trying to achieve.  For instance, if you want to keep the stock planets, then you can ignore all the responses about RSS.  You need to help us focus our responses on the right thing so we can point you in the right direction.

Edited by OhioBob

I cant seem to install RO or RSS properly if anyone could ad a photo of there plugins, there version and there game data directory that would be helpful :D

4 hours ago, OhioBob said:

Depends on what you mean by real.  Several people have suggested RSS (Real Solar System), but that replaces all the stock planets with our real life solar system (Earth, etc.) at real life scale.  Is that what you mean?  Or do you want to keep the stock planets and just make them more realistic?  Also by "real" do you mean you want to make the celestial bodies feel more realistic, or do you want your rockets and spacecraft to be more realistic?  For instance, are you more interested in a visual makeover of the planets, or are you looking for rocket parts that more closely resemble real life, or perhaps both?  Do you like the scaled down size of the stock system, or do you want to play at real scale?  Or do you want to play at a scale that feels more lifelike but still uses stock-sized parts?

For us to give you a proper answer, you really need to explain better what it is you are trying to achieve.  For instance, if you want to keep the stock planets, then you can ignore all the responses about RSS.  You need to help us focus our responses on the right thing so we can point you in the right direction.

Real, as in the most like real world, plus you can’t get vandenberg airforce base in RSS

plus what part mods are there out there to get the most real of rockets.

4 minutes ago, Abpilot said:

Real, as in the most like real world, plus you can’t get vandenberg airforce base in RSS

OK, so it sounds like you're probably going to want to go the RSS/RO route.  That's not my thing, so the RSS/RO guys are going to have to help you.  We're getting out of my comfort zone.

39 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

OK, so it sounds like you're probably going to want to go the RSS/RO route.  That's not my thing, so the RSS/RO guys are going to have to help you.  We're getting out of my comfort zone.

Oh

Sorry bout that

46 minutes ago, Abpilot said:

We don't have that. Although there is a mod below for the actual KSC, however.

46 minutes ago, Abpilot said:

Supported mods are listed in the respected OPs. Realism Overhaul is a mod suite, or a mod "pack" if you prefer (despite not really being that), so you've got to check and see what it supports. There's a good selection of parts supported to build pretty much anything from post-WWII to the near future.

For "real rockets", I really can recommend:

RaiderNick's stuff (lotsa diversity, Soyuz, Proton, Titan IV, oldschool rockets, Probes)

FASA (Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, Redstone, Atlas, Titan, Saturn IB/V, the stuff that brought people to the moon)

RealScaleBoosters (rather modern rocketry, very diverse)

If you like to construct your own replicas without dedicated replica mods, I do strongly recommend SSTU, it has a lot of really nice tank options and a nice collection of engines.

The latter version usually implies a lot of own research, tank masses, fuel masses, burn times, etc, pp, makes you read interesting stuff on the webs, if you are generally enthused, that'd be the way to go, or you can as well simply use the replicas and blast 'em skywards for entertainment.

Peace and have fun, especially with the R-7 family :)

If you want the Aerodynamics Looks More Realistic in Stock? Use FAR

Or you want Real Engine and Custom Tank in Stock ?

SOLUTION:

PROCEDURAL PART (WITH TEXTURE)!!!

REAL ENGINE (With Stock Config if they have)!!!

But you want realistic Engine Plume in stock????

Install REAL PLUME (WITH STOCK CONFIG)!!!!

But you say You want to Be More Realistic with Real Planet in Stock size???

INSTALL SSRSS (STOCK SIZE REAL SOLAR SYSTEM)!!!!

But Let's say again you Want Real Fuel and Engine Ignition????

INSTALL REAL FUEL!!!! (WITH STOCK Config)!!!

but you want Apollo era Rocket

INSTALL FASA OR BDB (Bluedog Design Bureau)!!!

But say again you want Realistic Cockpit

INSTALL RPM (Raster Prop Monitor) !!!!!

damn i need to Cool down

So now all you need is just a realistic chute eh?

well

INSTALL REAL CHUTE!!!

be quiet MUKITA!!!!!

Edited by Mukita12

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.