Mukita12

Career WITH STORY LINE!!! (And Cutscene off course)

Hey Everyone it's your boy Mukita and I'm Realized That KSP is getting more boring with the old Game mode Like..... We need add More Game Mode like adding Story mode (Like you at the beginning when you play this mode there is a cutscene and then when you Launch your 1st Rocket and have Cutscene and ETC but after you done that achievement) but we still have the old Mode like Sandbox, Science, Scenario, And OF COURSE! Career mode.

I hope you Appreciate my Suggestion for The Next Update or maybe Future Update and that's it my Name Mukita and Cya

PS. Sorry for bad Grammar also If you hate my suggestion for future update

I just make my own storyline. In all honesty, most of them are along the lines of, "Once upon a time there was a planet infested with many dimwitted beings and only a few intelligent ones. One day, they...."

You get the point

Edited by Earthlinger

It's an idea that's come up a couple of times and most folks tend to come out against it, including a fair number of the writers over on the Fanworks forum. Some people prefer to make up their own stories and like the fact that there's almost no official in-game story. Some don't want a story mode at all and can't see the point in a sandbox game. Some are just concerned that it would take a lot of effort from Squad for something that most players would play through once and then forget about.

Me - I'm not sure. I don't think it's a bad idea but I think it would be difficult to do well.

In the meantime, you'd be welcome to join us over at the Fanworks forum if you're curious about the kinds of KSP stories that the playerbase has dreamed up. The Mission Reports sub-forum sounds like it might be a good place for you to start - as the name suggests, the stories there are all played out in-game, so there's plenty of amazing screenshots to see, tales to read and hugely imaginative spacecraft to marvel at. Up to and including a Jool 5 mission using a proper space carrier fleet, complete with a mothership having internal docking bays for all the various landers and probes. Stories in the main forum tend to be a bit more varied - if you don't mind the blatant self plug, my Fanworks Library thread (link in my signature) is an archive of links to a good selection of them.

KSP is meant to be a Sandbox Game, in which the player gets to decide what happens. It wouldn't make much sense to lock the player into one path in a story mode.

However, the soonTM Making History DLC would add a kind of a story mode, to my understanding.

10 hours ago, Jas0n said:

KSP is meant to be a Sandbox Game, in which the player gets to decide what happens. It wouldn't make much sense to lock the player into one path in a story mode.

However, the soonTM Making History DLC would add a kind of a story mode, to my understanding.

i mean there's 4 mode

The Original

And My suggestion of course

If career mode was even halfway decent, it would have a sort of narrative arc by itself, instead of the absurdity it is.

Sanbox game must not have any story mod, it tends to end badly.

Take a look at Minecraft:story mode (i honestly forgot how is it called)

Workin on a mod for this. :)

I can see a place for a pre-determined story as a tutorial, but for me in normal play i dont want to just follow what the game says.

I know its a different type of game, but my experience of single player FPSs puts me off.  I want to PLAY the game, not participate in a movie.

Not sure about a "story" mode but I could understand a "why" to our contracts and things. Aside from money and rep, really what is the reason to keep going? To explore the Kerbol System? Then what? There needs to be some kind of end goal that feels both rewarding and replayable. Does that make sense?... (Not saying the game would end there. You should still be able to continue after achieving said "why" reason.) 

Edited by James M

I've opened word up nearly a dozen times wanting to write a KSP story line for Squad. I have all the mechanics and the basic premise perfectly aligned in my head but the final decision I got from the community is that even if I shipped it off to Squad in the best form, they'd still not likely want or use it.

9 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I've opened word up nearly a dozen times wanting to write a KSP story line for Squad. I have all the mechanics and the basic premise perfectly aligned in my head but the final decision I got from the community is that even if I shipped it off to Squad in the best form, they'd still not likely want or use it.

Well Technically Agreed alright fox whos the admin of this FORUM

Lock this thread

I'll do it if @SQUAD wants... but I would insist they make it a 4th game-play option, and keep the non-story career-mode as well. 

3 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I'll do it if @SQUAD wants... but I would insist they make it a 4th game-play option, and keep the non-story career-mode as well. 

Yeah that's what i mean

A mod for that would be nice to have, but since the making history DLC is coming, it not might be a free mod forever. Dunno if they will shut it down.

Since this is simulair to the Making History DLC, i don't think it will be featured in the base game.