Any ideas? I want to make a comic series, but I do not know how to start it.

Joseph Kerman

So I want to make a comic series featuring my OC, Shady. However, I do not know what to tell as to how she would have gotten her 3 gadgets and purse.

I want it to be unique, but at the same time, interesting. I have 2 pages of letter-size paper, a pencil, and an eraser at the time of writing. Do you have ideas?

I have heard that when writing stories, it is not always important to start writing at the beginning.

Write some scenes (fight scene, big reveal, origin etc.) you want first, then see if they can be woven into a coherent storyline.

Disclaimer - I tried writing once but didnt get more than a page in...

Edited by p1t1o

6 hours ago, Joseph Kerman said:

I do not know what to tell as to how she would have gotten her 3 gadgets and purse.

So don't!  The best origin stories are told after a character is established and loved.  Nothing says you need to have one anyway.

One of the best Webcomics I've ever read, and re-read over and over, is Something*Positive(NOT for the easily offended).  But that comic, according to the author, started out about 90% autobiographical.  Tell what you already know.  Once the characters get their footing, they'll create their own stories for you.  You can always go back and tell how she came to be if the time is right.

7 hours ago, Joseph Kerman said:

So I want to make a comic series featuring my OC, Shady. However, I do not know what to tell as to how she would have gotten her 3 gadgets and purse.

Like @Geonovast said, there is no need to explain how she got her gadgets. I did these backstory things too once, but its not really necessary, and sometime is a bit of a waste.

7 hours ago, Joseph Kerman said:

I have 2 pages of letter-size paper... Do you have ideas?

Well, there's your problem!

Switch to metric and that pretty A4 stuff. All your problems will go away and you may even find cure for cancer.

39 minutes ago, WinkAllKerb'' said:

i think cancer is a partner, but that's very personal, why do you want to cure it at all cost ?

talk with a vampire (sympathy for the devil)
talk with a cancer 
etc ... may be

Cancer is not necessarily an oncological tumour.

cancer
ˈkansə/
noun
noun: cancer
  • an evil or destructive practice or phenomenon that is hard to contain or eradicate.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.