The design thread!

RoadRunnerAerospace

3f24883e1dc689a5fa0fa550e487d6c6.jpg

Ignore the Lukrehulk in the bottom. The Starhawk doesn't have any visuals of it so looking for feedback from other Star Wars fans. :) The only real imfo I had is that it looked like a hatchet. I imagine a combination of Nebulon B, Mon-Cal cruisers, and a bit of Imperial designs. Pardon the HORRENDOUS camera quality please...

A few scifi designs for a short story I was writing but abandoned....

toyota-perseo-cynos-modified-car-drawing

transvaal-toyota.jpg

sci-fi-hanashi-tojojinbutsu.jpg

For a while now I have been considering starting a design related thread here on the Kerbal Forums.  But rather than our own designs the idea I had is if we could colaboratively design or redesign a thing for real world use.  When  it comes to anything, cars, aircraft, space rockets everyone seems to have an opinion but not everyone gets their opinions and design ideas validated or constructively criticised.  Most people think a thing (electric car or aicraft for example) should have something or shouldnt have a something.  I was wondering if it is possible that together we could actually come up with a design that is better than what companies can come up with.  Maybe the lack of commercial interest would allow us to do that or, on the other hand, we prove to ourselves why we are sat at home and not in some company actualy designing something useful.

I have tried this a little on other social networks in the past but haven't had a great response.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/stem-awards/stem-hq/everything-you-need-to-know-about-entering/

"Sponsored by BAE Systems"

"The challenge: Allied air forces of the 2040s are required to perform regular reconnaissance flights over highly hostile enemy territory without detection, whilst also performing humanitarian air drops. Your challenge is to design an aircraft which meets these requirements. Consider the merits of manned and unmanned aircraft, as well as new types of human/machine interface and manufacturing techniques including 3D printing."

11 hours ago, Kokoro said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/stem-awards/stem-hq/everything-you-need-to-know-about-entering/

"Sponsored by BAE Systems"

"The challenge: Allied air forces of the 2040s are required to perform regular reconnaissance flights over highly hostile enemy territory without detection, whilst also performing humanitarian air drops. Your challenge is to design an aircraft which meets these requirements. Consider the merits of manned and unmanned aircraft, as well as new types of human/machine interface and manufacturing techniques including 3D printing."

Sounds interesting!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.