[1.3.0->1.5.*] Tiktaalik Dreaming Props

TiktaalikDreaming

This is a pack of the Props I've been using in the ModPods mod and NAR MEM (aka NKR DEM).  Rather than keeping duplicates, I'm splitting this off to a mod to mark as a dependency.  

On it's own, this does nothing.

If you're creating IVAs, feel free to use the props, although they're really not very polished yet.  They're also more furniture pieces than gauges etc.  But if they help anyone out, then that's good.

rjCPGG9.jpg

Available from SpaceDock: https://spacedock.info/mod/1546/TDProps

Or Dev version on Github https://github.com/TiktaalikDreaming/TDProps

Album (hopefully imgur don't change their embedding again)

Album a/sx2f6 will appear when post is submitted
Edited by TiktaalikDreaming
updated version

16 minutes ago, Abpilot said:

Wow, are these actual science experiments that you can run inside the craft?

Also first post on topic :D

No, props can't really do that, although you could link switches to actions.  They're just static furniture to make the IVAs look more interesting.

For real, they really look like they should fit in the science and hab modules. How many are you willing to make in total?

Think about ISS experiments and try to replicate them, various computer form-factors (i.e. laptops, zero-g laptop holders, desktops, large computer blocks without interfaces, etc), tanks, internal cameras, exposed insulation, etc. Just advice.

1 minute ago, Matuchkin said:

For real, they really look like they should fit in the science and hab modules. How many are you willing to make in total?

Think about ISS experiments and try to replicate them, various computer form-factors (i.e. laptops, zero-g laptop holders, desktops, large computer blocks without interfaces, etc), tanks, internal cameras, exposed insulation, etc. Just advice.

Many were made to go in a science lab part. As far as future expansion is concerned, props are the sort of thing I do as sort of a still life practice thing. A great way to practice 3d.so there will be more. Working on a ksspresso at the moment (see ISSpresso). Which isn't a lot more than a box, but your Kerbanauts need to relax with a cuppa from time to time.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎27 at 8:15 PM, TiktaalikDreaming said:

Strangely, they're only interested in the fuel, not the oxidizer.

What are they doing without the oxygen?!?! They have to make it fizzy! It needs more bubbles! Must be amateurs.

I'm working on some flight control sticks (joysticks) for IVA work.  The plan is the two sizes of Orion Capsule style stick, the Apollo capsules main stick and RCS translation stick, plus at least one aircraft style stick.  Going to start with a facsimile of the A380 airbus stick, possibly a left and right handed version, and then possibly a jet fighter style stick after those.

As you can see from the Orion style, it should be apparent why I chose to start with those.  They're super simple.  :D

dlwSFOW.png

0RwyZus.png

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

The latest download contains GameData\Props instead of GameData\TDProps. That seems like a name that might collide with other mods. Any chance of changing it back to TDProps?

Yes.  That would be me stuffing up my packaging.  Good chance it's invalid for its ckan definition s well now too.  Which is a blessing.

If I don't get to it this morning before work, I'll sneak in a download, restructure and upload while at work (being able to say this is another great reason to anonymize your internet name).

OK, looks like (as expected/hoped) ckan balked at adding the new version.  Updated the zip, uploaded as 1.2.0.a, and ckan has indexed it. 

That was me wondering if I could use the github packaged stuff, downloaded then uploaded to spacedock.  Answer; yes, but the structure is a tad different, and when I got to a folder called Props (usually sits inside TDProps), I just added GameData above it and repacked, and sent it off.  Either way, it could be called a bit daft to sync files up to servers, across the internet, pull them back down to have a copy that could have been transferred via SATA cabling.  It was mostly to see if the .git* files were auto stripped by github.  Which they're not really, so... meh.

17 minutes ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

OK, looks like (as expected/hoped) ckan balked at adding the new version.

Yup; how do you think I noticed the problem? :wink:

MvKVBun.png

17 minutes ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

Updated the zip, uploaded as 1.2.0.a, and ckan has indexed it. 

Excellent; many thanks!

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi, as I haven't touched KSP since Covid, and @linuxgurugamer has generously offered to maintain this, he'll be carrying it forward from here.  I don't know if he's created a new topic yet, but he can pop that in when he has one.  If the moderators want to lock the topic after that, that would be cool.

I'm not ded, and have all the files etc, just the game PC is the work PC now, and my relationship with it is thus a tad less friendly.