The Moderation Nation Space Program

TheKosmonaut

16 hours ago, TheKosmonaut said:

Our Mission

In order to ensure the Moderator's dominion over the realm, we have set out to build a grand space station in Low Kerbin Orbit

Ah, this is a great business opportunity.  First I'll buy up all the tinfoil manufacturing capability of Kerbin, then I'll spread the rumor that this station will be beaming down mind-controlling Moderation rays, and that the only defense is a tinfoil hat!  Muahahahahahah!  Moneymoneymoneymoneymoney :D

Wait, that's not a just rumor?!?!?!?

Anyway, I look forward to seeing this.  Good luck :) 

Just now, Geschosskopf said:

Ah, this is a great business opportunity.  First I'll buy up all the tinfoil manufacturing capability of Kerbin, then I'll spread the rumor that this station will be beaming down mind-controlling Moderation rays, and that the only defense is a tinfoil hat!  Muahahahahahah!  Moneymoneymoneymoneymoney :D

Wait, that's not a just rumor?!?!?!?

Anyway, I look forward to seeing this.  Good luck :) 

You know too much, prepare for punishment reeducation! 

14 hours ago, 53miner53 said:

You do realize that Kommunity Space Station has been revived, right? Anyway, awesome!

We weren't really planning on recreating or competing with that project. This is just us having some fun. :)

DATELINE: KSC

inside sources say confusion reigns within the moderator space program, as several members used different game versions and people can't agree which one to stay with. "It's chaos!" one high-ranking figure was heard to say. Delays to the program's missions are expected to result. 

Successful flight of the Capricorn I,  a crewed mission to land on Duna.

Imgur album:  https://imgur.com/a/t9NlD

This mission landed three kerbals on the surface of the red planet, where for the time being they remain.  Their lander has enough fuel to return to Duna orbit, but no heat shield for the homeward journey-- perhaps a follow-up mission may be in order at some point.  :)

It also left Capricorn Station in low Duna orbit, an uncrewed communications relay platform and fuel depot, with 22 tons of LFO and a monopropellant supply.

Results of mission:

• Funds:
    • Started with 897K funds
    • Finished with 1580K funds.
  • Science:
    • Started with 200 science
    • Finished with 1294 science
  • Upgraded:
    • VAB (to level 3)
    • Tracking station (to level 3)
  • Researched:
    • Space Exploration
    • Advanced Exploration
    • Nuclear Propulsion
  • Miscellaneous accomplishments:
    • Lots and lots of science sitting in the lander.  Just need to carry it home to Kerbin somehow.  :)
    • First crewed landing on Duna.  Three kerbals currently on the surface.
    • Visited only one Duna biome, plenty more places to visit.  (Ike not yet visited.)
    • Left uncrewed Capricorn Station in low Duna orbit, with 22 tons LFO (capacity for 72) and a monopropellant supply.  Plenty of docking ports, small and medium.

The Capricorn I lander has easily enough fuel to return to Duna orbit and rendezvous with Capricorn Station.  Unfortunately, our engineer is a noob who's having trouble figuring out how to repack these parachute thingies, so another landing will have to wait until either KSC sends us a better engineer, or else a science lab to allow training up the kerbals.  The lander should have no problem landing on Ike after a refueling stop, however, if anyone is so inclined.

Onward and upwards!

2 hours ago, Snark said:

Successful flight of the Capricorn I,  a crewed mission to land on Duna.

Unfortunately, our engineer is a noob who's having trouble figuring out how to repack these parachute thingies...

Nifty mission.  Too bad you all don't have Kerbals gaining experience on the fly.  I figure mine spend all their long interplanetary transfers repeatedly watching instructional videos :) 

2 hours ago, MoarBoostersRUS said:

Oh this looks like a ton of fun

Gotta a few questions. where can I find the currant save file? what are the rules on science use?

The moderator space program regrets to inform you that since you are not a forum moderator, you are not eligible to participate in this project. ;.;

One day at KSC... 

Bill: Why do these guys keep insisting on sending Kerbals to do a robot's job? The ships are bigger, costlier, and do little that un-crewed craft can't do! 
Bob: Yeah! 
Bill: We even have to provide the crews with food, water, and waste management, and pay their wages! 
Bob: Well, actually, no-- 
Bill: You know what I mean! 
Bob: Yeah! Let's show them and send another robot probe! 
Bill: Okay, nobody's been to Eve yet, right? 
Bob: Not so far. But we can do it! 
Bill: Can we get paid for it? 
Bob: No, no contracts. But let's do it anyway! 

... several simulated weeks later... 

Bill: Okay, we've got this probe, but before we spend all that moolah and fly it all the way to Eve, we should test it. 
Bob: You know, we've been to Duna, but not the poles of Kerbin yet? Weird, huh? Let's test it there! 
Z8ZXmpl.png
LI3ILxm.png
keMyICW.png

Bob: It works! And we got 65 more science! 
Bill: Now on to the real mission! 
bav4Fup.png
sp3zg9E.png

Bob: After a combination of aerobrake passes and engine burns, the main ship was parking in orbit to await proper landing site and conditions, and while waiting, it dispatched the relay probe. 
kNaZllW.png
RoKyIIE.png

Bill: Yeah, I know. I was there when it happened, helping you control the mission. 
Bob: Yes, but I am explaining for the record. 
Bill: Oh, okay. So when the time was right, the main mission proceeded to a landing! 
xcC7fCZ.png
BMpQBSB.png
uw93GBU.png 

Bob: From there it beamed back all the science it had collected from the surface, while descending on chutes, while making aerobraking passes, and upon entering Eve space! 
Bill: How much did it get? 
Bob: 994! And now much did the mission cost? 
Bill: Well, there was no contract, and there was the expense of the two launches, but we got a mess of world-first awards, and netted +$76,855! 
Bob: Neat! Now maybe those other guys will see the benefits of robotic missions! And we sure do use a lot of exclamation points! 
Bill: I know, right? 

19 hours ago, MoarBoostersRUS said:

:blush: Could I maybe participate if I agree to some kind of deal ( slides a wad of bananas under the table)

Ok, here's the deal:

Stay active on the forums for a while, be helpful to other community members, keep a clean infraction record, display unflappability, and pay Badie $1000, and you've got a shot at being a moderator. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.